Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Al Farouq Aminu trade ideas?

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Y'all realize they view Shved as their starting SG of the future right? And y'all think he could b had for Aminu

Al Farouq Aminu trade ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Y'all realize they view Shved as their starting SG of the future right? And y'all think he could b had for Aminu
    These trade ideas in the recent month have been down right disturbing. I don't understand how people can be so clueless outside of the Hornets circle.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    This.

Shved is basically there third member of the big 3, and who can blame them? They look a lot like the early 2000's spurs. He's pretty untouchable, and definitely a fan favorite. I know plenty of hardcore T'wolves fans and besides pek, shved is probably their favorite player... That being said, I would have loved that guy on this team. In fact, I welcome all Russians!

Quote Originally Posted by Savagetaint View Post
    It would have to be Aminu and a sweetener (Miller, Roberts).
    Why would you consider Roberts a sweetener? He's one of the worst players in the league

wonder if houston would take Aminu for Donatus Motiejunas, a player who hasnt played at all for them and a player that Demps apparently coveted coming into the draft.

It's this simple people- Aminu is worse than Dominic McGuire. Plain and simple, that is why McGuire plays.

What was McGuire's trade value? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Using logic, that means Aminu's trade value is..... Wait for it..... Nothing!

He is an expiring contract that can make salaries match, not a guy who is going to get you a solid player in the league or a good prospect or pick.
    @mcnamara247

Has anyone notice Aminu's demeanor on the bench. This kid is so hype but I don't understand why it doesn't translate onto the court. He is hilarious when one of his teammates dunks or do something special. I think he's just learning what it takes in this league. Monty is being impatient like he did with Thornton. It's easy to develop young talent like Davis, Rivers and so on but what about the less talented.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetslover89 View Post
    Has anyone notice Aminu's demeanor on the bench. This kid is so hype but I don't understand why it doesn't translate onto the court. He is hilarious when one of his teammates dunks or do something special. I think he's just learning what it takes in this league. Monty is being impatient like he did with Thornton. It's easy to develop young talent like Davis, Rivers and so on but what about the less talented.
    I don't think being hype on the bench translates to being a player in this league. He's gotten a lot more opportunity than a lot of other people have gotten and hasn't done much with it. All the needs to develop would be a jump shop from one or 2 spots on the court on offense (Corner 3's, Elbow J) and he wouldn't be such a liability.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I don't understand why his shot didn't translate over from last year. I remember late in the season, he was shooting a high percentage from three and his mid range shots. But besides for some early exciting dunks this year, hes just been shooting horribly.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't know about from 3 but he was a good FT shooter.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I think our best bet would be Aminu for another teams trash/end of the bench.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=buq23z9

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d3ejbqd

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cch3tj7

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxyyyf5

I don't think all these would work (especially the last one, but I like both of those guys in certain roles), but they just give an idea.

I know he wasn't for most of the year but I definitely remember him shooting consistently well from the 3 closer to the end of the season. His jump shot too. I thought it was a mechanics change so that's why I was surprised he has done so bad this year

Unless Dell includes him as a filler in a bigger deal, I'd rather just let him walk after this year than go and take on another contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BLT23 View Post
    wonder if houston would take Aminu for Donatus Motiejunas, a player who hasnt played at all for them and a player that Demps apparently coveted coming into the draft.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Obviously you don't ever watch the Knicks. Primary offense is Melo then JR then the 2 PGs. Plus Amare will be back soon. No other guys do play but the ones I stated above have not had a maor impact and could easily be replaced this offseason. You are also added the best PG In the NBA who made the Hornets a playoff contender with no shooters, just a couple of decent big men.
    Tyson Chandler has a huge impact on that team offensively.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Tyson Chandler has a huge impact on that team offensively.
    Wait, you mean the guy who leads the league in FG% at .700 and averages 12.8 points a game on only 6.7 shots a game has an impact on offense? Nah, no way!!!!!!

Give Denver a call. They have alot of young guys sitting on the end of their bench. At this moment in time I'd happily take a punt on Hamilton, Miller, Randolph or Fournier.

we traded juju for belinelli...it would be a miracle if dell could pull off a similar trade but maybe

Since Belinelli was more than serviceable (if inconsistent), an what'd be an equivalent move would be trading Aminu (who actually cares about the game but is just prone to brain neutrality)...

Aminu for...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Since Belinelli was more than serviceable (if inconsistent), an what'd be an equivalent move would be trading Aminu (who actually cares about the game but is just prone to brain neutrality)...

Aminu for...
    I will play. Here goes:

Will Bynum
    Austin Daye
    Anthony Morrow
    Josh Childress
    Omri Casspi
    Josh McRoberts
    Wesley Johnson

Those are the type of players if teams want to trade trash for trash and hope that a change of scenery and a new system could revitalize their game. Personally, I would give Casspi a shot. At least he can stretch the floor somewhat and he plays hard

Man. What the hell happened to Wesley Johnson? Picked like fourth overall and gets traded.

I really wish we could get a Wilson Chandler type player if we don't draft a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Man. What the hell happened to Wesley Johnson? Picked like fourth overall and gets traded.
    He had like an A potential in 2k12. Was sickest player after two years in my Association mode. Hmph.

Thread Information