Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Docs Rehabbing Gordon's Quad & Knee

Docs Rehabbing Gordon's Quad & Knee

Jennifer Hale‏@JenHale504
    #Hornets Eric Gordon rehabbing quad as much as knee. Quad atrophied to 10% strength. Now 65%. If pace continues, return possible end of Dec.

Jennifer Hale‏@JenHale504
    #Hornets Eric Gordon's rehab schedule: 8:30 am - 3:00 daily as therapists build up quad to take pressure of knee. Gordon: Pain is subsiding.
    Wow... sounds like someone missed a diagnosis big time w/ his quad (or maybe it's just me and the no medical knowledge I have)

Why was he resigned?

10% strength. Did he contract aids during the offseason. This is ridiculous.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Don't you just love random percentages on health?

Re: Docs Rehabbing Gordon's Quad & Knee

everything is connected...chronic injuries often are caused compensating for something in a different muscle group.

in other words, there might be nothing wrong with the quad but strenthing it will prevent reinjury in the knee.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2

still got hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.McCoy View Post
    Why was he resigned?
    I dunno. I don't know. Nothing about this makes any sense. My leg atrophied to maybe 5 percent once. But I also happened to smash the bones in it and was bed ridden for 2 weeks. The hell happen to this guy?

I'm not even watching this crappy game tonight. I've had enough non-sense to last me until February.

I think they are talking about joint strength. This is not a misdiagnosis.

See the report here:

http://www.hornets247.com/2012/12/02/redemption/

From last night, for those just catching up . . .

near the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by literature View Post
    I imagine they meant he lost 10% total strength and has regained 65% of the missing strength back.
    I'm reading it differently than you.

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    everything is connected...chronic injuries often are caused compensating for something in a different muscle group.

in other words, there might be nothing wrong with the quad but strenthing it will prevent reinjury in the knee.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep. They said he was going to be working on strengthening his quad back in early November.

Exercising Muscles that Surround The Knee:

The muscles surrounding the knee include the quadriceps, hamstring, and calf muscles. The focus of most knee rehabilitation is on these muscles. When injuries occur, often these muscles become weaker and less supportive of the knee.

Exercises for the muscles that surround the knee include quadriceps strengthening exercises, hamstring strengthening exercises, and calf strengthening exercises.
    http://orthopedics.about.com/od/phys.../kneerehab.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    I'm reading it differently than you.
    Bojangles is right.

This is pretty standard. Not sure why they're just doing this and they didn't know what was wrong at training camp? That's part of the occupational and physical rehab you receive after a surgery.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

So the quad declined to 10% and it's now at 65%?

That is the interpretation that seems appropriate.

End of December means middle of January at earliest. Were told 4-6 weeks; will be more like 10-12. Standard
    @mcnamara247

Good to see he's making progress. At this point, I'm less worried about time-frame. All I want to see is consistent progress from his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    This is pretty standard. Not sure why they're just doing this and they didn't know what was wrong at training camp? That's part of the occupational and physical rehab you receive after a surgery.
    He's played in actual games, tried out for the Olympic team, been upright and walking, and worked out with Hornets staff on top notch exercise equipment long before going to this doc in L.A. After all of that, his quad was down to 10%? It basically shriveled up to the muscle mass of an 80 year old?

As someone who's had atrophy after an an injury and major surgery, whoever said that pee'd in the wind and told ya'll it's raining.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He's played in actual games, tried out for the Olympic team, been upright and walking, and worked out with Hornets staff on top notch exercise equipment long before going to this doc in L.A. After all of that, his quad was down to 10%? It basically shriveled up to the muscle mass of an 80 year old?

As someone who's had atrophy after an an injury and major surgery, whoever said that pee'd in the wind and told ya'll it's raining.
    Yeah, it's pretty clear when your leg is 1/2 the size of the other. It's baffling.

There's pretty much no way it atrophied to 10%. I've also had an injury where I couldn't walk for two weeks and my leg muscles were certainly weaker but nowhere near down to 10% of their original strength. Has Gordon been in a wheel chair for the last 6 months?

I wouldn't think of the 10% as some quantitative measure. It's not like his squats went from repping 400 to repping 40.

In encourage those interested to READ UP rather than sit around and guess while remaining ignorant of the facts.

If it's important, learn. If not, sit back and let the grown ups talk.

This guy on his forum said he had a 6 inch thigh circumference difference after his knee surgery.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/i...&topic=54457.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.McCoy View Post
    Why was he resigned?
    When healthy, Gordon is a top-5 SG in this league, and he is only 24.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    This guy on his forum said he had a 6 inch thigh circumference difference after his knee surgery.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/i...&topic=54457.0
    Did that guy play in NBA games following his surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Did that guy play in NBA games following his surgery?
    I don't know but I know people shouldn't assume that their injuries, surgeries and rehabs are exactly the same as the next guy.

Correct.

I'm all for people reading and discussing rather than going ~warblewarblewarblewhaaaaaaa!~

It's time to change, people. As a fan base, we can't be sitting around spewing ignorance.

Thread Information