Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Cavs at Pelicans in the Blender 10-28-17

Basketball Guru
    good game...this season is not a month old yet and majority of the board is down on the team all ready....this team have to get comfortable with each other....when rondo and hill come back then the team will have to get the chemistry back with those two....give them until the allstar break and if the team has a loosing record then bash the hell out of them lol.....oh and jrue always play good against the cavs so im not going to say he is on the right track lol......yes, i know what i just did.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    good game...this season is not a month old yet and majority of the board is down on the team all ready....this team have to get comfortable with each other....when rondo and hill come back then the team will have to get the chemistry back with those two....give them until the allstar break and if the team has a loosing record then bash the hell out of them lol.....oh and jrue always play good against the cavs so im not going to say he is on the right track lol......yes, i know what i just did.....
    Not entirely sure what you're talking about. This while thread is full of guys praising the team for playing well, with good ball movement, gritty defense, and feeding the hot hand. That, and celebrating our best starting record in years. No one has been that down on the team at all the last few games. And Jrue played well tonight, but he also had 20/7 last game with good defense. So it's safe to say he's on the upturn at least.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    So here's a question if our starting line up keeps playing like this do we mess with the chemistry and put rondo in the starting line up or do we have him come off the bench?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I think you bring him in at point and move Dante to the bench. If you need more size at the 3 bring Dante in for Moore. Rondo is better than Moore and Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Or LeBron.

Noted frontrunner, you never know.
    Dell will never let Lebron replace him as GM.

Jrue Holiday highlights

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I think you bring him in at point and move Dante to the bench. If you need more size at the 3 bring Dante in for Moore. Rondo is better than Moore and Dante.
    I'm warming up to keeping Dante at the 3 in the starting lineup. Although he would be a really good swiss army knife 3 and 4 off the bench when Hill comes back. When we are at full strength I starting line up of Rondo, Holiday, Hill, AD, and Boogie with Nelson,Clark, and DC coming off the bench should give us a chance to get deep into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post

Jrue Holiday highlights
    If only Holiday can stay this aggressive the whole season, the Pelicans will be a good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    If only Holiday can stay this aggressive the whole season, the Pelicans will be a good shape.
    If Jrue can average something like 21ppg this season, we're gonna be a top team in the league, absolutely no question.

Great Victory.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJMDDJ View Post
    Great Victory.
    Great First Post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If Jrue can average something like 21ppg this season, we're gonna be a top team in the league, absolutely no question.
    I would be happy around 18 ppg lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I would be happy around 18 ppg lol.
    I know, and I think that's more likely. I think that would also be enough to make us a clear playoff team. But if by some wonder he thrives in the off-ball third option role, I could see a career high for him and that would move us from solid playoff team to potentially a top four seed.

Nice crowd tonight. Guess Cavs rested Lebron tonight in the 4th because of back to back vs winnable game against the Knicks tomorrow night

I couldn't watch the game because of family responsibilities. But I'm really sad I missed this one. Will have to catch a reply.

Someone recap for me please. Looks like AD, Cuz, and Jrue went off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I couldn't watch the game because of family responsibilities. But I'm really sad I missed this one. Will have to catch a reply.

Team effort. Lot of 23 jerseys on display (LBJ and AD). BTW I'm back. And also Moore.

Were you at a trunk-or-treat too? I had it on the radio, and the father next to me had it playing on Sling on his iPad, somwe were dishing out candy and following the game. Great time.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJMDDJ View Post
    Team effort. Lot of 23 jerseys on display (LBJ and AD). BTW I'm back. And also Moore.
    Welcome Back. Thanks for the recap. Looking for a replay now to watch the game.

Jrue started off hot, and we got out to a quick lead. I think Moore had something like 4/5 from three in the first half too. Cabs couldn't make anything work and a big part of it was swarming defense, along with them overplaying defense in the paint allowing Boogie to get 6 first half assists on easy passes to open perimeter Jrue/Moore.

AD really heated up in the second half, Cavs tried to make a comeback through the third but it was good to see Jrue attack some more more and AD had a period of about 90 seconds where he hit a three, got a huge putback dunk (over Cousins, somehow) and then hit another three immediately.

The first few minutes of the fourth were just putting the foot on the Cavs neck, letting Cousins get his triple double, before they gave up. Didn't even play LeBron after the 6 minute mark of the 4th.

Massive credit for Moore, he was on fire. Everyone was passing (we had something like 21 assists on our first 25 FGs) and if you remember the Spurs "beautiful game" era, we actually looked a lot like that. Combine that with intense defense and we looked every bit like an elite team. 88 points for the big three: one assist away from an 88/30/20 night.

I'm talking way too much because I'm hype as hell, but I'm sure you'll forgive me.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Beating LeBron like this puts a smile to my face and happiness to my heart.

True test is if they can maintain this against the Magic. I know Gentry allows this team to have a complete lack of awareness, bu they have to overcome that handicap.

Welcome Back. Thanks for the recap. Looking for a replay now to watch the game.
    Replay is on FSNO at midnight.

Our next 5 games are Magic, Wolves, Mavericks, Bulls, Pacers. Even if we assume the Magic are what their 4-1 record suggests they are (I think they'll collapse soon personally) I think we stand a solid chance of winning at four of those games. Imagine starting 7-4 on the season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Great win! This duo is nasty, Cousins is sooo good and AD is just AD. Amazing stuff.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Demarcus Cousins at 33 points, 14 rebounds and 5 assists so far on the season.

Thats an MVP stat line.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Demarcus Cousins at 33 points, 14 rebounds and 5 assists so far on the season.

Thats an MVP stat line.
    True. Also take out the Portland game that AD only played 5 minutes and he's at 31 points and 16 boards.

Thread Information