Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bledsoe wants out of PHX

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Apparently Bledsoe told the Suns he was at the hair salon in regards to the tweet. LOL.

They didn’t believe him.
    Lmao

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I don’t feel bad for Phoenix at all. Bledsoe has been asking for a trade for a long time. They haven’t made one because they wanted too much now they will get less than they could have over the summer.

I don’t feel bad for Phoenix at all. Bledsoe has been asking for a trade for a long time. They haven’t made one because they wanted too much now they will get less than they could have over the summer.
    Yeah, it's inexcusable that they didn't trade him over the summer. It's long been evident that he wasn't a good fit for the current direction they are headed in.

Banned
    Jrue Holiday is essentially a back up reserve player thrusted into a starter at a ballooned inflated salary.
    Without beating a dead horse of details we have a list of his defects or lack of skill set to be a dominant player.
    It looks like DC is a gone pecan from any long time plans with this franchise.
    I agree with another post about needing to build from the draft not getting patches in the tire always on over priced free agents.
    We are far away from being a 50 Win team. I think the new Head Coach again finding a candidate that wants this job is tough.
    We have very little to offer outside of AD. We have basically multiple bad dead end contracts with players in a small market.
    Out best hope is for DC to play lights out injury free then trade him before the All Star break for some assets to recoup from trading for him. Then we hopefully can build something around AD to be competitive in the 40+ game win mark. I think with good Head Coaching along with smart upper mgmt that is a realistic goal.

It's a shame we already used our money on Holiday. I wish we could have waited for Bledsoe if that were possible (I forgot how the whole cap situation is in the NBA)!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Asik/Diallo/Moore/1st for Chandler/Bledsoe.

Let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Let's do it.
    Been a while NM. Good to see you back.

Let's do it.
    Indeed, lets do it.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    1. Did we not just pick up a quality point off waivers? And you continue to oversell the importance of a backup big. AD and Boogie are going to play significant, staggered minutes. It is a need, but not to the extent that you bypass the opportunity to acquire a difference maker with long-term potential.

2. I would take those statistics too if we went into a time machine and traveled back in time five years ago. By that logic, we shouldn't want AD or Boogie because they are expensive and unproven winners. Might as well mention that Jrue is a one-time all star!

3. That's a fair point. My bigger issue is I don't think the player opposite Jrue has to be extremely pass-first to the extent that Rondo is. I think we're severely underestimating just how bad Jrue is at handling the ball and making decisions. Placing just an average ball handler and decision maker next to Jrue would probably do wonders, and I think Bledsoe is at least that, if not a lot better.
    1. Quality guards are picked up off waivers literally every year. The only quality big I can think of that was picked up in the last 15 years off waivers is Hassan Whiteside. Quality bigs don't grow on trees. I'm not over selling the need for a backup big. The only time we see AD/Boogie on the floor together fully energized is to start the 1st and 3rd quarters. Every other time it's a tired AD playing with an energized Boogie or vice versa. We can't do that for 82 games + playoffs. AD or Boogie is required to play the entire 12 minutes of the 4th, that is not helping us down the stretch. Staggering all game is not smart.

2. Rondo' s numbers never dropped off though. He was balling in Chicago before Wade start being a little ********. Let me remind you of a 30 year old PG named Steve Nash that went to Phoenix and won back to back MVPs. Or a 34 year old named Jason Kidd who went to Dallas and won a championship. The point is High IQ players who study and think the game at a high level, can play at a high level for a long time. AD, Boogie and Jrue do not know how to win games yet. And neither does Bledsoe, so they can't learn from him. Losers can't teach losers how to win, that's the blind leading the blind.

3. That's true but placing an elite ball handler and decision maker next to Jrue and our big 3 would be much more fruitful. With Bledsoe we will still have the problem of who's going to get the ball to our bigs in the post when the defense tighten up in the 4th.

This is the point the train went flying off the tracks, fell into a ravine, and burst into flames.
    Lol the ability to run an offense and play the game the right way at a high level is severely underrated on this board. Severely.

Let's do it.
    This doesn't work. Pels would be taking in ~7mil more in salary, thus making the trade illegal.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8sewgsh

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    1. Quality guards are picked up off waivers literally every year. The only quality big I can think of that was picked up in the last 15 years off waivers is Hassan Whiteside. Quality bigs don't grow on trees. I'm not over selling the need for a backup big. The only time we see AD/Boogie on the floor together fully energized is to start the 1st and 3rd quarters. Every other time it's a tired AD playing with an energized Boogie or vice versa. We can't do that for 82 games + playoffs. AD or Boogie is required to play the entire 12 minutes of the 4th, that is not helping us down the stretch. Staggering all game is not smart.

2. Rondo' s numbers never dropped off though. He was balling in Chicago before Wade start being a little ********. Let me remind you of a 30 year old PG named Steve Nash that went to Phoenix and won back to back MVPs. Or a 34 year old named Jason Kidd who went to Dallas and won a championship. The point is High IQ players who study and think the game at a high level, can play at a high level for a long time. AD, Boogie and Jrue do not know how to win games yet. And neither does Bledsoe, so they can't learn from him. Losers can't teach losers how to win, that's the blind leading the blind.

3. That's true but placing an elite ball handler and decision maker next to Jrue and our big 3 would be much more fruitful. With Bledsoe we will still have the problem of who's going to get the ball to our bigs in the post when the defense tighten up in the 4th.
    1. Are we really setting the bar of a quality backup big at Hassan Whiteside?

2. High IQ is a lasting and important trait, I agree. But to pretend that Rondo is the same player he's always been is ignorant. He doesn't have the same speed and explosion as he used to nor does he exert much effort on the defensive end anymore. Shooting, as a skill, is also at an all time premium and he's shown little to no improvement in that area over the course of his career.

I don't know where I stand on "teaching winning." I think having winners is important to a certain extent, and we have those in Clark, Allen, and Nelson. Does it matter if those "winners" are starting versus coming off the bench? At the same time, winning is dictated by circumstance and none of our core players have had the greatest luck in that department. I'm not sure it's fair to use that as a dispositive factor, particularly when the talent gap between Bledsoe and Rondo is so large.

3. I think Bledsoe is more than capable of making an entry pass. Again, this comes down to undervaluing how horrible Holiday is as a lead guard. It only takes an average guard to defer to our Big 2. Bledsoe is that and much more.

We can debate the same three points over and over again, but if you think Rondo is a better player than Bledsoe, this isn't going to go anywhere.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-23-2017 at 03:20 PM.

2. High IQ is a lasting and important trait, I agree. But to pretend that Rondo is the same player he's always been is ignorant. He doesn't have the same speed and explosion as he used to nor does he exert much effort on the defensive end anymore.

I don't know where I stand on "teaching winning." I think having winners is important to a certain extent, and we have those in Clark, Allen, and Nelson. Does it matter if those "winners" are starting versus coming off the bench? At the same time, winning is dictated by circumstance and none of our core players have had the greatest luck in that department.

3. I think Bledsoe is more than capable of making an entry pass. Again, this comes down to undervaluing how horrible Holiday is as a lead guard. It only takes an average guard to defer to our Big 2.

We can debate the same three points over and over again, but if you think Rondo is a better player than Bledsoe, this isn't going to go anywhere.
    1. No. I'm saying there were no others. They lucked up with Whiteside. You can try naming one though, I gave you a 15 year window.

2. Rondo has not lost his speed. He still pushes the break with the best of them. He was never known for dunking on people. But you do bring up an interesting point becausr Bledsoe (who relies heavily on athleticism) will be 30 in 2 years. You're willing to pay him $125M then?

3. Everyone is capable of making an entry pass.. It's the part where you have to create the avenue for the pass to be made is what we struggle with. Unless Bledsoe is our closer and AD/Boogie just have to rebound his misses... should've brought back Tyreke in that case.

Bledsoe is more athletic and a better scorer. But what else does he do that's better than Rondo? Rondo brings so many intangibles that Bledsoe doesn't offer. Is Bledsoe going to be sitting down showing AD/Boogie how to break down film like Rondo? Is Bledsoe going to control the pace of the game like Rondo? Again it's so much more to basketball than scoring, jumping high and looking cool. Rondo is literally elite at everything you would want from a PG besides shooting/scoring. Is Bledsoe even considered an elite scorer? I'm not sure but I know he isn't an elite floor general.

2. High IQ is a lasting and important trait, I agree. But to pretend that Rondo is the same player he's always been is ignorant. He doesn't have the same speed and explosion as he used to nor does he exert much effort on the defensive end anymore. Shooting, as a skill, is also at an all time premium and he's shown little to no improvement in that area over the course of his career.

I don't know where I stand on "teaching winning." I think having winners is important to a certain extent, and we have those in Clark, Allen, and Nelson. Does it matter if those "winners" are starting versus coming off the bench? At the same time, winning is dictated by circumstance and none of our core players have had the greatest luck in that department. I'm not sure it's fair to use that as a dispositive factor, particularly when the talent gap between Bledsoe and Rondo is so large.

3. I think Bledsoe is more than capable of making an entry pass. Again, this comes down to undervaluing how horrible Holiday is as a lead guard. It only takes an average guard to defer to our Big 2. Bledsoe is that and much more.

As a "point guard" Bledsoe very much IS Jrue. Which is to say he's really not. He's another 1/2 who's talents lie in areas other than floor generaling/running a team. Whether he's "better" than Rondo or not, he's not "better" at the things Rondo can do that this Pels team really needs in order to sing.

1. No. I'm saying there were no others. They lucked up with Whiteside. You can try naming one though, I gave you a 15 year window.

2. Rondo has not lost his speed. He still pushes the break with the best of them. He was never known for dunking on people. But you do bring up an interesting point becausr Bledsoe (who relies heavily on athleticism) will be 30 in 2 years. You're willing to pay him $125M then?

3. Everyone is capable of making an entry pass.. It's the part where you have to create the avenue for the pass to be made is what we struggle with. Unless Bledsoe is our closer and AD/Boogie just have to rebound his misses... should've brought back Tyreke in that case.

Bledsoe is more athletic and a better scorer. But what else does he do that's better than Rondo? Rondo brings so many intangibles that Bledsoe doesn't offer. Is Bledsoe going to be sitting down showing AD/Boogie how to break down film like Rondo? Is Bledsoe going to control the pace of the game like Rondo? Again it's so much more to basketball than scoring, jumping high and looking cool. Rondo is literally elite at everything you would want from a PG besides shooting/scoring. Is Bledsoe even considered an elite scorer? I'm not sure but I know he isn't an elite floor general.
    1. Chris Anderson. Heck, last year McGee with the Warriors. It's fairly easy to find names if you're actually looking and set the bar at a reasonable level.

2. If you think Rondo is the same player now that he was prior to his ACL injury, I don't know what to say.

3. Tyreke took the ball out of Jrue's hands and we made the playoffs (without Cousins). Also Bledsoe is an elite pick and roll handler that draws free throws at an elite rate.

But again, if you think Rondo is a better player than Bledsoe, this is a waste of time.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 10-23-2017 at 03:39 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/1...-consider-now/

New Orleans Pelicans

Before we look at a proposal, just a quick note: Jrue Holiday is a better fit with this roster. He's a great off-ball shooter, a great defender, and maintenance personality. Also, he can't be dealt until January 14, and he makes over $12 million more per year than Bledsoe so the math is difficult. Stop suggesting this trade.

Pelicans receive: Eric Bledsoe
    Suns receive: Omer Asik, E'waun Moore, 2019 top-20 protected first-round pick

Analysis: Look, the Pelicans currently have no picks outbound and that's just not the way the NBA works. We have to have them owe someone a pick, it's in the bylaws. Plus, they can put Bledsoe next to Holiday (or Jameer Nelson) (or Rajon Rondo) (or Jameer Nelson) and his skillset compliments all of those guys. His athleticism in the open floor with Anthony Davis and Cousins would be crazy, plus, Kentucky guy. This is a bold idea given their guard glut, but honestly, running out three guards with the two big beasts makes some sense.

The Suns need the pick because they're taking back Asik's contract, one of the worst in the league. E'Twaun Moore is a really solid veteran who would play well for them, and his deal is movable.

Banned
    You guys all make valid points but the big picture is we are tapped out of resources.
    We have major flaws that just can't be patched up so simple and easy.
    I have said this lets play it out as is. We should get 3 wins this month.
    November we need 7 wins to be at 10 wins at the 21 game mark.
    At that time upper mgmt can decide the future of Alvin Gentry. If we are well below that well he should be Fired on the spot.

Lol the ability to run an offense and play the game the right way at a high level is severely underrated on this board. Severely.
    Clearly across the entire NBA as well. We got Rondo for scraps that any team could have beat if they wanted him, meanwhile Phoenix’s phone is ringing off the hook for Bledsoe. . .

1. Chris Anderson. And again, it doesn't have to even approach that level of impact. Heck, last year McGee with the Warriors. It's fairly easy to find names if you're actually looking and set the bar at a reasonable level.

2. If you think Rondo is the same player now that he was prior to his ACL injury, I don't know what to say.

3. Tyreke took the ball out of Jrue's hands and we made the playoffs (without Cousins). Also Bledsoe is an elite pick and roll handler and draws free throws at an elite rate.
    1. Coming off a drug suspension but okay that's another one. But I know you see how rare it is.

2. Of course I think Rondo is a smarter player than he was 5 years ago.

3. Okay look at Rondos first game with us. 8 asissts (6 layups and 2 wide open 3s). Bledsoe is not going to run the offense like this. Look how crisp our offense looks and this video don't include all the hockey assists Rondo had that game. We'll be back doing P&R's every possession.

Clearly across the entire NBA as well. We got Rondo for scraps that any team could have beat if they wanted him, meanwhile Phoenix’s phone is ringing off the hook for Bledsoe. . .
    Rondo could've got a fat check from the Lakers but he came here to win a championship. I guess economics is true people place price with quality, instead of realizing we were blessed with a steal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/OrtizDYST/status/922556676498231299
    Mike Ortiz Jr.‏
    @OrtizDYST
    Sources: Knicks and Nuggets are heavily interested in Eric Bledsoe. Bucks, Cavs, Pistons, and Pelicans are also interested.
    Still don't know how to embed tweets, but saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Analysis: Look, the Pelicans currently have no picks outbound and that's just not the way the NBA works. We have to have them owe someone a pick, it's in the bylaws.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    https://twitter.com/OrtizDYST/status/922556676498231299

Still don't know how to embed tweets, but saw this.
    When looking at the tweet, press the arrow pointing down that is located on the right side of the tweet. Then click embed tweet and copy and paste the corresponding link here.

Banned
    HP Rondo came here to win a Championship??? Are you serious?

Thread Information