Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    We need to see more of Davis & Anderson in the post ...especially Anderson . Play through him & instead of having Roberts dribbled the air out of the ball .

It's obvious we can't play the same pick & roll offense when Roberts is in the game ... We trying to make him do something he can't do . Feed Anderson the ball in the post & work off him
    Good post

Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I'm starting to wish we would have taken Jeremy Lamb over Rivers.
    But Lamb can't play the point

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I had dubious concerns about Rivers when we took him, but all I ask for is consistency. What we think about him being ready for the big time doesn't mean a thing. He's here now. He'll just have to settle in.

Besides. Would you all rather more Roberts or Mason?

And why would the D-League be of benefit to anyone, including the Hornets chances of winning? He's getting the minutes he's getting because we have no good options in terms of guard play, not for his development. He's literalky the secobd best guard on the team, and the best ballhandler. But for Rivers to develop, he needs to figure out how to make shots against NBA competition, and that will happen, if it happens, against NBA competition. I'm not a fan of the guy, but that's a stupid idea.

if only lillard had fallen to us at 10

U guys jump to conclusions waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to fast. Funny because i was the half full glass guy here before.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    ^^ Then you are blind. He is able to get to the rim well and has a low turnover percentage. Those are very useful skills for a guard.
    His turnover rate ain't nothing to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    I remember a Hornet rookie, well two of em... Collison and Marcus Thornton, boy they were young and ROOKIES and they made it happen... Thornton was advertised as a SCORER, and he..., wait for it... SCORED... Collison was a pass first PG and he..., wait for it, PASSED FIRST...

My problem with Rivers is that he is advertised as this great scorer but he cant..., wait for it... SCORE... not only cant he score but boy does he stink up the entire offense while out there... I don't know if you guys forgot, but we desperately needed a scorer in the offseason at the guard position to help take slack off of Gordon and also to keep us in games... Well we wasted a 10th pick on a dude who does none of the above
    I thought we were getting a Thorton type scorer when we drafted Rivers .. Rivers is no where as dynamic as Marcus. Rivers is not as athletic as I thought
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    But Lamb can't play the point
    Lamb and Rivers were the only guys available at 10 that I wanted the team to draft. Wouldn't complain about either since I think they both would give us skills that our team needs.

^ I thought we would get a guy who would be a competent combo guard. One that can actually pass.

Turn Davis loose a bit. Monty plays him limited minutes like he's an old man. I know we have a long season ahead but man...

If anyone is curious, prior to today's game Rivers is shooting 21.9%. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    And why would the D-League be of benefit to anyone, including the Hornets chances of winning? He's getting the minutes he's getting because we have no good options in terms of guard play, not for his development. He's literalky the secobd best guard on the team, and the best ballhandler. But for Rivers to develop, he needs to figure out how to make shots against NBA competition, and that will happen, if it happens, against NBA competition. I'm not a fan of the guy, but that's a stupid idea.
    Good post

Honestly, when has sending a 1st round pick DOWN to the D-League helped anyone? You're supposed to work you way OUT of the D-League because you were undrafted or a late, late second rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Honestly, when has sending a 1st round pick DOWN to the D-League helped anyone? You're supposed to work you way OUT of the D-League because you were undrafted or a late, late second rounder.
    Eh, it is a good idea to send very raw picks that won't get floor time in regular season games to the D-League, just so they get more comfortable with the game and can work on specific skills they will need to get even garbage minutes in the big leagues.

Also useful for guys coming back from injuries so they can get comfortable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Eh, it is a good idea to send very raw picks that won't get floor time in regular season games to the D-League, just so they get more comfortable with the game and can work on specific skills they will need to get even garbage minutes in the big leagues.

Also useful for guys coming back from injuries so they can get comfortable again.
    Indeed. Don't usually see starting rookies go from that to the D-League though. Monty would probably laugh in the reporter's face that suggested it.

Refs just bailed Harden out when we finally forced him to drive right.

That was a terrible call on Aminu

I will say Rivers has a high b-ball IQ and he can penetrate well, but he really needs to work on that shot. Even his layups are flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Indeed. Don't usually see starting rookies go from that to the D-League though. Monty would probably laugh in the reporter's face that suggested it.

Refs just bailed Harden out when we finally forced him to drive right.

He lives for those bail outs. Everytime he drives he expects a whistle. Was like that in OKC too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    D-League wouldn't be a good idea for Rivers. For one, it'd give Roger Mason a lot more minutes, and I don't want to see that. Second, Rivers gets plenty of time right now and NBA experience is better than D-League experience. D-League is for guys struggling to get time.

Tonight is just not our night.

Why do we play so slow on offense ?

They not gonna stop the 3 ball tonite. Just lose your man and let him run to the corner and knock it down.

Rivers should go to the rack every play

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Why do we play so slow on offense ?
    Offense? What offense?

our defense is very bad, we are not closing out on shooters...and we are not getting into our offense fast enough

Rivers was a shaky FT shooter in Summer League. Done well to improve that.

Thread Information