Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans work out several free agents per Woj

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    But defined role is what he likes in Minnesota.
    We will see
    Bench warmer?

Probably he sees more talent and better coaching in Minny.
    Also in NO he was once PF. Then SF. And later was not given an offer by Pels.
    Of course this is his perception.

With Hill at place there was probably no PT for him.
    Also the market without money probably lowered his value in Dells eyes.

Unless he will get 3 millions he will be Minnesota's bound. IMO.

Probably he sees more talent and better coaching in Minny.
    Also in NO he was once PF. Then SF. And later was not given an offer by Pels.
    Of course this is his perception.

With Hill at place there was probably no PT for him.
    Also the market without money probably lowered his value in Dells eyes.

Unless he will get 3 millions he will be Minnesota's bound. IMO.
    Hill won't be back till after all star break so there is plenty of time for him

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I could see a circumstance where Memphis sends us Ennis for a salary dump so they can re-sign Green and we swap 2018 first round picks.
    Memphis have 17 roster spots.
    2 non guaranteed.
    They are about to re-sign Green to a two year deal.
    One of their remaining guaranteed contracts will have to be waived to make room to have only 15 roster spots.
    They only currently have one signed two way player.

Depending on what amount of money they throw at Green, do they buyout a Rookie like Morgan or do they make an uneven trade to a team like New Orleans who has roster spots to fill and a trade exception?

This way they also stay under the hard cap to pay Green.

http://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/t...phis-grizzlies
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 09-06-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I would like Dante back because he can play the 3/4, but honestly it's not worth a bidding war. He opted out and misread the market. If similar, but better money is not acceptable for him in comparison to Minny then you simply let him walk. I'd go after Tony Allen and Shabazz Muhammad for the league minimum and then start mulling Godfather offers for a starting wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I would like Dante back because he can play the 3/4, but honestly it's not worth a bidding war. He opted out and misread the market. If similar, but better money is not acceptable for him in comparison to Minny then you simply let him walk. I'd go after Tony Allen and Shabazz Muhammad for the league minimum and then start mulling Godfather offers for a starting wing.

There is no bidding war. Minny can only offer him the Vet Min(ny)

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Bidding war may have been the wrong term, but it's been speculated in this thread that D.C. maybe looking for us to be closer to what he opted out of and anything less he may just take the Minny offer. My point is that if beating the Minny offer isnt enough, let him go.

according to MM, things is about to pick up today due to Gms and agents coming back from Vacation. He expects moves to be made today.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    according to MM, things is about to pick up today due to Gms and agents coming back from Vacation. He expects moves to be made today.
    He said that he expects first move today or tomorrow. Not moves to be made today.

You still listen to that dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    You still listen to that dude?
    Yea, MM the homie. Besides no one else I knows leaks any news. What happened to RekeHavoc here?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Yea, MM the homie. Besides no one else I knows leaks any news. What happened to RekeHavoc here?
    MM doesn't leak news either.
    @DanielVeuleman

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Nothing happened...

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Bidding war may have been the wrong term, but it's been speculated in this thread that D.C. maybe looking for us to be closer to what he opted out of and anything less he may just take the Minny offer. My point is that if beating the Minny offer isnt enough, let him go.

What else would there be?

Cunningham is using Minnesota to encourage Dell to be Dell and overpay him to the point where we can't sign anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Cunningham is using Minnesota to encourage Dell to be Dell and overpay him to the point where we can't sign anyone else.
    What do you think he's worth? Less than 3 million?

In a vaccum maybe, but he is very important to us with our severe lack of wing depth. He's the only SF FA left that plays 2 ways at a competent level, and he knows the system.

We can still sign Dante to what Q-Pon was making then get Gerald Green perhaps for the vet min.

That would be my best case scenario.
    Last edited by AusPel; 09-07-2017 at 09:56 PM.

MM is only Pels source before news came. Maybe not always reliable because of the market and its fluidness...
    Dont wanna hear/believe it. Ok. Some will believe. Me included.

Without his tidbits you will have only national perception.
    Kush is great source but he comments mostly after trade/injury happens. And wont speculate.

Dante was given one year offer of around three millions. His agents seeks 1+1 with PO. And Pels prefer clear books for next year. Still talking.

Props to MM...

MM is only Pels source before news came. Maybe not always reliable because of the market and its fluidness...

Kush is great source but he comments mostly after trade/injury happens. And wont speculate.

Dante was given one year offer of around three millions. His agents seeks 1+1 with PO. And Pels prefer clear books for next year. Still talking.

Props to MM...
    Yup

Props to MM...
    This is what I don't understand.
    Why does Dante want 1+1 when he would probably make more than 3M in 2018 anyway?

It's his agent who *#!*@# him by waiting and thinking he could get more.

Lesson learnt: Take early offers and don't wait it out.
    It happens every FA period....unless of course you are an A grader.

His agent told him last spring - 'decline Your option - You will get twice as much or more money in FA'.
    He was wrong. Nobody knew that market will look like this.

And because of the fact that the market might look the same - he wants this option.
    If Dante will exceed expectations - he will decline it.

And Dell wants flexibility because of the next Boogie contract.

Dell was usually losing those negotiations - like in Dante's case.

Pels have leverage. Can offer more money.
    Minny can offer only minimum. Years does not matter. Dante wont have a problem with minimum deal in a year time.
    Dante wont agree for a team option - cause if Pels would want to use this option in a year time - this will mean he will be underpaid.

Question is - will Dante and his agent take more money.
    Maybe the option is - in place of 1 year 3 millions Pels might offer 2 years 6 millions - with 4 millions guaranteed?

His agent told him last spring - 'decline Your option - You will get twice as much or more money in FA'.

And because of the fact that the market might look the same - he wants this option.

Minny can offer only minimum. Years does not matter. Dante wont have a problem with minimum deal in a year time.
    Dante wont agree for a team option - cause if Pels would want to use this option in a year time - this will mean he will be underpaid.

Maybe the option is - in place of 1 year 3 millions Pels might offer 2 years 6 millions - with 4 millions guaranteed?
    Personally I'd use the maximum amount we can on Shabazz and keep a roster spot open for uneven trade or sign Josh Smith, Budinger or Webster for a non-guaranteed contract. I'd use Ajinca to back up AD and Cousins.

Why won't Dante have have a problem with minimum deal next year? Why will it be any different to this year?

I personally will play hard ball with Dante and give him one year deal. Even if the cost will be 3,5 millions.
    Then sign a 'real' SF - like Rush for one year partially guaranteed deal (with January guarantee date). Dell was interested in rush in the past.

Go into the season with Grits and Rush not fully guaranteed. And decide in January what to do next.

I will offer a camp deal for one or two of Smith/Webster/Budinger.
    Camp starts (media day) on Sep 25th. So we will have a month to decide on camp players...

Why won't Dante have have a problem with minimum deal next year? Why will it be any different to this year?
    this year he received minimum offers from Minnesota, Milwaukee and New Orleans. Maybe more.
    He is a 3/4. can hit 3.
    such players are needed leaguewide.

don't see that it will change...

Thread Information