Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are any of these PG's worth MAX type of money???

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    Jrue Holiday... That would be my best guess on who this team would target. 6'4, super long, crazy athletic. I see insane potential, and he's no star but he has done nothing but progress.
    That'd actually be really nice, but I bet Philly is going to try to hang onto him as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I like Jrue a lot. He's a lot better in the pros than I ever thought he would be. Always seemed like one of those guys with talent, but not a truly great basketball player. Where as Darren Collison did so much with so little.

Sixers are talking extension with him, and I will be real curious to see if they work something out in the next week.
    Yeah, this is a thread we'll definitely have to come back to next week.

Off subject but can someone please tell me how to make my sig pic larger? It keeps coming up really small. Thanks in advance.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Check it out:

Andre Igoudala.

That is all.
    He is the only SF available that I would love to have. And we would be a defensive machine. But he turns 29 in January, and 30 during next season, his first on a new deal. I would be terrified for this team to give him the money I expect him to get.

Which goes back to my other thought, I'm not sure what we spend our money on. Trades possibly.

He is the only SF available that I would love to have. And we would be a defensive machine. But he turns 29 in January, and 30 during next season, his first on a new deal. I would be terrified for this team to give him the money I expect him to get.

Which goes back to my other thought, I'm not sure what we spend our money on. Trades possibly.
    Andre would be the Kendrick Perkins and more of this team. Well worth the extra cash. Could we save the cash for extensions of Rivers and Davis??

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Why not develop Rivers as a James Harden 6th man and go out and sign Curry or Lawson.

Curry/Rivers
    Gordon/Rivers
    I'd much rather Gordon/Rivers and go out and sign James Harden for max to be our 6th.

Do we have any evidence of an "older" (~30 and beyond) player maintaining an elite level of perimeter defense? I immediately thought of Tony Allen, but he's only 30 right now. Maybe Bruce Bowen? He started for the Spurs all the way through the 07-08 season, which would have made him ~37. Was he still an elite defender towards the end of his career? More specifically, was he still an elite defender from 30-33 (presumably the age Iggy would be if we hypothetically signed him this offseason)?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Do we have any evidence of an "older" (~30 and beyond) player maintaining an elite level of perimeter defense? I immediately thought of Tony Allen, but he's only 30 right now. Maybe Bruce Bowen? He started for the Spurs all the way through the 07-08 season, which would have made him ~37. Was he still an elite defender towards the end of his career? More specifically, was he still an elite defender from 30-33 (presumably the age Iggy would be if we hypothetically signed him this offseason)?
    Shane Battier is 34 if you want to count him.

I think Andre is looking at a max deal. Some team is going to go all out for him. And if we were on the cusp of a title, I would love it. But two of our best players are only going to be 20 next year. It would scare me for sure.

CP3, draft SF or Nerlens Noel!

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Lawson by miles, but no way that happens.
    Wherehappens.

What about Eric Bledsoe? Not on a max deal obviously, but I would take him over at least half the point guards that have been mentioned. He's young, extremely athletic, and is a phenomenal defender. Instead of blowing a max deal (and I know that's unlikely to begin with) on one of these PGs, why not go after Bledsoe in a trade for Vazquez and something like a top 7 protected 1st?

i think, we need a distrubtor PG on this team. A true set up artist. If the said FA doesn't provide that, i'd pass (see what i did there?).

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I would say Grant Hill and Shawn Marion. It's hard to find lock down perimeter defenders period let alone past 30.

Thread Information