Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hornets sign Dell Demps to extension

We have the 2nd youngest team in the league and we are 1st in potential. We are so lucky, as fans, to have Dell and Monty on our side. I can not wait to see the course this team takes in the near future. Since 1988, I feel this is the first legit chance we have at winning a Championship in the coming years. The CP3 days we were close, but after losing game 7 to the Lakers, those hopes were quickly dashed. This is our time!

I don't think it's a coincidence that this comes a week after Loomis's suspension ended. I'm guessing his involvement in the Hornets is over. Congrats to Mr. Demps, well deserved.
    "Timing is everything. Chemistry is something that you don't just throw in the frying pan and mix it up with another something, then throw it on top of something, then fry it up and put it in a tortilla and put in a microwave, heat it up and give it to you and expect it to taste good. You know? For those of you who can cook, y'all know what I'm talking about. If y'all can't cook, this doesn't concern you."

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    I don't think it's a coincidence that this comes a week after Loomis's suspension ended. I'm guessing his involvement in the Hornets is over. Congrats to Mr. Demps, well deserved.
    From an article posted earlier this week.

Now that Loomis is back with the Saints, he has to address Payton's contract, which may or may not allow him to become a highly sought-after free agent next summer. But Loomis says he still plans to be involved with the Hornets.
    http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...=iref:nbahpt3a

From what i gather it seems like Dell reports to Loomis who then reports to Benson.
    Also am i wrong or did Loomis announce the extension for Dell?

I did say I was "guessing". Maybe "hoping" is the right word. I have nothing against Loomis, it's just a weird setup.

Yea i just re-read it Loomis is "executive vice president" of the Hornets, which is what Rita Benson is with the Saints.
    Not sure what that means but I think my original assumption is correct that he just "oversees" Dell/Monty and reports back to "Da Boss" Benson.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Yea i just re-read it Loomis is "executive vice president" of the Hornets, which is what Rita Benson is with the Saints.
    Not sure what that means but I think my original assumption is correct that he just "oversees" Dell/Monty and reports back to "Da Boss" Benson.
    Well ask your self what is it that Rita actually does in that roll for the Saints. Basically Loomis is a figurehead, He's acting in the Roll that Benson would act if Benson was a lot younger. He's the eyes, ears and mouth piece of Tom Benson, surrogate owner.

If Something is important enough Loomis takes it to Benson, otherwise Dell probably just keeps Loomis informed of all deals, but has the power to make all non franchise changing moves, freely.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Maybe it was just me, but there seemed to be some confusion about Loomis's role with the Hornets when the purchase went down. I feel that he was basically there as Mr. Benson's "guy", to sort of give his stamp of approval. I guess I just hope that the extension signals that they're happy with Demps and that this is 100% his team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Ayyyy Mr. Demps is staying. Nice stuff. Great to hear.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Good, now he and Williams can finish what they started.

Thread Information