Pelicans Report

Thread: One City. One Team. One Love.

Question One City. One Team. One Love.

Anyone else bothered when they see that Raising Cane's slogan? I know it's football season, and the Saints are getting all the love...but this quote leads me to believe that they're saying this city loves only one team - the Saints.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Don't belieeve this. Yea, the Saints has more fans then the Hornets. Do you think Oshcner going to make commercials about the Saints when the NBA season has started while foootball has ended?

I'm pretty sure they're sponsors for the Saints why should they mention the Hornets?
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

UMMM, because the sponsor the Hornets.

I'm not saying they have to mention the Hornets. If they want to only support the Saints, then that's their right. They don't have to support all the sports teams in New Orleans. That is not what I'm saying. I think it's clear in my original post that I understand it is football season. So no I do not expect Hornets advertisements during the NFL season. I do not care if they don't support the Hornets at all. But the company mentions "one city. one team. one love". Maybe the Saints are their only love, but that does not mean the Saints are the one team and one love of New Orleans.

Well I didn't see any quote in your first post, if I would've seen "one city. One team. One love," then my post would be different.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    We fans have to support the team, the best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    UMMM, because the sponsor the Hornets.
    I think you're wrong:
    http://www.nba.com/hornets/contact/c...champions.html

unless I just missed them

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I think you're wrong:
    http://www.nba.com/hornets/contact/c...champions.html

unless I just missed them
    I see them right at that top.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    I see them right at that top.
    Trell my bad lol I thought we were talking about Canes (who I was talking about in my post), thats where my confusion was. I didn't even see your post, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    I'm not saying they have to mention the Hornets. If they want to only support the Saints, then that's their right. They don't have to support all the sports teams in New Orleans. That is not what I'm saying. I think it's clear in my original post that I understand it is football season. So no I do not expect Hornets advertisements during the NFL season. I do not care if they don't support the Hornets at all. But the company mentions "one city. one team. one love". Maybe the Saints are their only love, but that does not mean the Saints are the one team and one love of New Orleans.
    I think I get what you're saying, that it bothers you that the mindset is the One Team for New Orleans is the Saints. Maybe its just because I lived most of my life and I'm not a Saints fan, so I have a different mindset, but to me it's still a silly ad for a team they're paying to piggyback off of. You have to remember that even though the Hornets have been here for awhile, they are only just now solidifying they're future in New Orleans with an owner that loves it here. It's a mindset that I'm sure a lot of Saints fans have had, but that is because they have a longer connection to the team at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I think I get what you're saying, that it bothers you that the mindset is the One Team for New Orleans is the Saints. Maybe its just because I lived most of my life and I'm not a Saints fan, so I have a different mindset, but to me it's still a silly ad for a team they're paying to piggyback off of. You have to remember that even though the Hornets have been here for awhile, they are only just now solidifying they're future in New Orleans with an owner that loves it here. It's a mindset that I'm sure a lot of Saints fans have had, but that is because they have a longer connection to the team at least in my opinion.
    Yes, your first statement is what I was getting at. And I agree, there are a lot of people piggy-backing off the Saints. I have only been following the Saints since Jeff Blake was the quarterback. The Saints had a lot of supporters back then, but not nearly as much as the support I see these days, especially from local businesses. Or maybe I never paid attention because I was just a kid back then. But I have no problem with people who only support the Saints. Just don't suggest they're the only team in town that New Orleans love. I would feel the same way if Raising Cane's, hypothetically, put "one state. one team. one love" followed by an LSU tiger. My interpretation then would be that they're trying to say the whole state supports only one college team - LSU.

I think you're taking the 'one love' expression out of context. That's Raising Canes marketing phrase for chicken and they just applied it the Saints. Not ill will was attempted towards the Hornets or anything like that.

I remember canes was doing something about the hornets when they drafted Davis, I don't remember exactly what it was but there was something.

They're just selling chicken.

I think some people get too worked up over things

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Hornets can be included in the marketing when they rebrand.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

The guy is an LSU graduate and huge LSU fan.. I don't understand the slight. It's just a marketing slogan.

No one's opinion of New Orleans nor its sports landscape is going to be influenced by a Raising Cane's marketing slogan.
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

The only thing close that I see on their facebook page is an image using the NOLA Watermeter design that says "One City, One Love, The Official Chicken of The New Orleans Saints."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chicken.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	4275

I'm not losing sleep over the sign. It's just one of those things like, "I wonder if anyone else shares this sentiment?" Apparently no one does. But that's the way I interpreted the sign. Sorta like if the Chick-fil-a CEO had put "one nation. one religion. one love" on his billboards. I know that's not the best analogy. But I'm just trying to say that the implication seems to be that New Orleans loves one team. Again, not losing sleep. Just started a friendly discussion because it catches my eye every time I pass a Raising Cane's billboard. We all have some gripe or pet peeve over some trivial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The guy is an LSU graduate and huge LSU fan.. I don't understand the slight. It's just a marketing slogan.

No one's opinion of New Orleans nor its sports landscape is going to be influenced by a Raising Cane's marketing slogan.
    Not sure where this is coming from. I'm just saying I didn't like the insinuation. Didn't say it would sway my opinion of the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by say-what View Post
    The only thing close that I see on their facebook page is an image using the NOLA Watermeter design that says "One City, One Love, The Official Chicken of The New Orleans Saints."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chicken.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	4275
    Nah, that slogan I would not have a problem with.

ETA: Maybe I am reading too much into it. Carry on.
    Last edited by Ceedee M; 09-12-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    You are.

I think the slogan is broad-based enough that anyone could insert their team into the phrase and have it work be it LSU, the Saints, or the Hornets. I understand your original point, but I just don't think it is intended to suggest New Orleans only loves the Saints.

Maybe if they had said one owner instead of one team..

Thread Information