Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bad trade at least longterm

Pelicans Bad trade at least longterm

Well Demps did it again -- saved their jobs for another year by just kicking the ball down the field. So we give up Evans, other players, last years promising 1st round pick Buddy, our 2017 1st pick which will be a high pick and more. And we have no idea if this sometimes troublemaker will fit in or even resign with us. I know a lot will disagree but this move didn't really move us much closer than we already were cause although we rec'd a good player we gave up a lot including whomever would have been available with our 1st pick in 2017.

Totally been mismanaged by Demps. Clearly he was behind the Evans pick up via trading our pick, gave up a 1 for useless Asik, picked Rivers with our 10th pick in the first round and gave up on him, drafted a good player Buddy with the 6th lottery pick, and now nothing to show for all of theses players. Pitiful!!

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    Well Demps did it again -- saved their jobs for another year by just kicking the ball down the field. So we give up Evans, other players, last years promising 1st round pick Buddy, our 2017 1st pick which will be a high pick and more. And we have no idea if this sometimes troublemaker will fit in or even resign with us. I know a lot will disagree but this move didn't really move us much closer than we already were cause although we rec'd a good player we gave up a lot including whomever would have been available with our 1st pick in 2017.

Totally been mismanaged by Demps. Clearly he was behind the Evans pick up via trading our pick, gave up a 1 for useless Asik, picked Rivers with our 10th pick in the first round and gave up on him, drafted a good player Buddy with the 6th lottery pick, and now nothing to show for all of theses players. Pitiful!!

lol it took 2 days but its here lol smh....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Ignore the troll.

The Franchise
    It'll be ok don't jump off the bridge till you see what kind of impact cousins has. Buddy and 2017 first is cheap for one of the best centers. We've been wanting a superstar and we were going to have to give up something. I like it and we still have protections on the pick. To me if we fell lower than 6 the pick wasn't going to be that great.

Cant really do anything about the distant past. Can't undue Rivers or Asik. And Demps definitely lucked into this deal and had the Sixers not let trade talks die down we would likely all be melting over giving up a haul for Okafor while Cousins ended up somewhere like LA or something for basically the same deal.

I was one of the biggest proponents of Buddy and one of the biggest skeptics months ago about giving up a haul for someone like Cousins. However, we didn't give up a haul. We gave up Buddy and one first rounder, who while I would of loved to keep, it is for the best center in the game for a franchise player that has basically made crystal clear he doesn't want to play the 5.

The thing with Cousins is that because we didn't give up much and because of Kings incompetence, if it doesn't work out, we will likely get a good haul if we trade him next deadline. Because of that I think it is a much lower risk move then what almost everyone theorized would of cost to get someone like him.

I mean by all indications the Lakers just fired their GM in large part because they didn't press send on their deal for Boogie. If it isnt a great fit, we could likely trade Boogie for the Lakers pick or Brandon Ingram come the summer. Do what the Kings didn't and open up a bidding war before the draft.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-21-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Are you high? He has the best center in the NBA to show for it

My head hurts from the stupidity of this post.

About damn time. The positivity in this place has been sickening. Have you all forgotten what it means to be Pelicans fans?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Wow. You know what I think?

So I was playing Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection and man, I'm really surprised in retrospect by how much better Brotherhood is. I mean, the Desmond parts were stupid and so was the whole thing about the First Civilzation, but the games are like they were made by two different studios. So much more fun to play and looks better too. Hardly looks like just one year passed between games.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Demps made the trade of the decade. You will never see a better trade than this. The Pelicans needed to add another superstar and we thought that was impossible. Demps proved us all wrong. Buddy Hield will be a very good player but Cousins is dominant. I think Cousins will not disappoint us. I expect epic dominance if Boogie and AD work well together. They should and I think they will.

If Demps gets a few experienced role players and manages to keep this team together I expect it to be very possible we go deep in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    I like trades that if it doesn't work out here they still have trade value.

You really are a "special" man.

Okay I'll say it for mostly everyone on this board agrees!

Dump this thread!

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Excellent 3rd post, lol, but yeah nice troll.

Can't wait for his/her 4th post!

You guys are being trolled. I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Wow. You know what I think?

So I was playing Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection and man, I'm really surprised in retrospect by how much better Brotherhood is. I mean, the Desmond parts were stupid and so was the whole thing about the First Civilzation, but the games are like they were made by two different studios. So much more fun to play and looks better too. Hardly looks like just one year passed between games.
    The Assassins Creed franchise isn't good. The first few were fun but it just got stale quick.

Ontopic... I hate Demps. But the stars aligned and this trade fell in to his lap and thanks to Cousins agents and Sacs own scapegoating of Cousins he got to negotiate from a position of strength. This trade is going for it while being a safe move at the same time. This franchise badly needed a break like this and it just dropped out of nowhere.

2 posts lol don't feed the troll

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Oh Gosh....I just realized I listened to Future's new album before I listened to Tribes new album.......Where's my dunce cap?

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Meh. Lighten up, Francesses.

I don't agree with his sentiments....at all.....but he's entitled. We aren't THAT removed from being dead in the water. Some people take time to come around. We're better than this. We're not in Houston....well....some of us are....but even they can be better than this. It's only over when we say it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

But yeah. Probably a trollololololz.

Hield is promising?
    How? Because he was a good 3 point shooter in college, and is now maybe a decent 3 shooter, and nothing else? Marcus Thorton clone.

Literally no one other than the Spurs will be able to defend our frontcourt.
    We got the best PF and the best C together, and hella depth behind them.

And Casspi is the right type of role player we will need.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    The Assassins Creed franchise isn't good. The first few were fun but it just got stale quick.

Ontopic... I hate Demps. But the stars aligned and this trade fell in to his lap and thanks to Cousins agents and Sacs own scapegoating of Cousins he got to negotiate from a position of strength. This trade is going for it while being a safe move at the same time. This franchise badly needed a break like this and it just dropped out of nowhere.
    That's ironic isn't it, the criticism was that Demps wanted to win now while playing it safe for the future, and he ends up doing both quite successfully haha.

Also, to the OP, top 3 protected, so a chance to get a player that matter if we luck out, other it'll be a pick in the teens, which will very unlikely be as good as cousins
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Oh Gosh....I just realized I listened to Future's new album before I listened to Tribes new album.......Where's my dunce cap?
    Slap yoself. Repeatedly.

The Franchise
    Cousins is going to resign with the Pels. He just lost 30 mil with this trade. He will be giving up another 40 Mil if he doesn't sign with us. That's not going to happen.

Thread Information