Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Golden State Warriors

Stupid first qtr killed us

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Golden state has a pretty good team. When they integrate bogut they will be legit for sure
    That bench is going to take them far. 43 points, 13 assists, and 18 rebounds for the bench on 48% shooting. Those are some eye catching numbers.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    Gordon running the pnr makes Davis a 25pt avg guy. Our offense is literally 80 pnr with Davis or Lopez. GV just doesn't make the lob or resets every single time. Not saying he good for nothing he just not the person that needs to run that play everytime.
    It's total square hole, round peg. Pick and roll requires the ball handler to be quick and decisive. Vasquez is neither.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    Anderson having 0 rebounds and 0 assists is a problem
    Anderson found a few guys on good looks, they just missed their shots. I can't defend the rebounds though. He's a perimeter player so he's bound to have a few nights like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What I see is very aggressive hedging. Like Davis just leaves Lee to go hedge on a guard VERY agressively, then Lee has to be picked up by the nearest guard and instant mismatch. ALL of our bigs do this with every pick and roll and the defense is just left in shambles every time.

They get killed by doing this every game and no adjustment is made. Just stop being so aggresive with the hedging.
    It also destroys our defensive 3 point rotation when a guard has to leave his man to go guard down ... We are entirely to aggressive with the pick & roll defense
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Watching on GSW's feed, and they are showing Vasquez a lot of love and compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Watching on GSW's feed, and they are showing Vasquez a lot of love and compliments.
    With damn good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    With damn good reason.
    Lol

Anyone who will trade Gordon for Bledsoe or Deng is silly. Those guys will not help our team as much as Gordon will. I'm not sure Paul George would or Mayo would either. Gordon is clearly wat we need.

The guy comes back next week. Give him ONE MORE shot before we count out the best young SG in the NBA out.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

He did help them win the game.

He does well considering his limitations, but he needs to hit the roll man better. He is also the primary ball-handler and those guys almost always put up nice counting numbers if they are NBA level talent.

Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    Gordon running the pnr makes Davis a 25pt avg guy. Our offense is literally 80 pnr with Davis or Lopez. GV just doesn't make the lob or resets every single time. Not saying he good for nothing he just not the person that needs to run that play everytime.
    GV is just slow in every facet of the game and that just won't work. You can be slow, but that doesn't mean you have to be slow with the ball too. Mark Jackson, Magic late in his career, Andre Miller were all slow players, but they can all split a hedge and be crafty with the basketball.

A player like GV needs to use fancy dribbling to his benefit and he doesn't. All just slow and basic.

What I see is very aggressive hedging. Like Davis just leaves Lee to go hedge on a guard VERY agressively, then Lee has to be picked up by the nearest guard and instant mismatch. ALL of our bigs do this with every pick and roll and the defense is just left in shambles every time.

They get killed by doing this every game and no adjustment is made. Just stop being so aggresive with the hedging.
    It's basically pick your poison. Don't hedge aggressively, perimeter defense suffers. Hedge aggressively and you have a bunch of mismatches especially on the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Good : AD, Anderson, McGuire
    Coming along: Rivers
    Bad: everybody else including Monty's offense and coaching down the stretch
    Good simple analysis! I got a feeling Benson is kicking himself for giving Monty that extension. I really like Monty but I am not seeing improvement in his coaching, he is suppose to be a great defensive coach and we can't keep opponents under 100pts. Our offense is a joke, and the rotations Monty comes up with at times has me wondering what in the world is he thinking?

I officially believe in Gordon and will support him. Lets see how he bounce back. I really don't wanna trade him yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    With damn good reason.
    I meant in the form of how he's improved. We, as hornets fans have just really been spoiled by Chris Paul. Go from gourmet steak to Winn Dixie brand steak... Of course nothing will taste as good

Vasquez is such a bad pg at times, i reckon his probs better off at sg sometimes.

GV is just slow in every facet of the game and that just won't work. You can be slow, but that doesn't mean you have to be slow with the ball too. Mark Jackson, Magic late in his career, Andre Miller were all slow players, but they can all split a hedge and be crafty with the basketball.

A player like GV needs to use fancy dribbling to his benefit and he doesn't. All just slow and basic.
    He's extremely basic .. He has a good basketball fundamentals to make up for his lack of athleticism , but his slowness & lack of being able to breakdown his man without a pick is killing us .

Vasquez is fine coming off the bench , but he can't have the ball in his in crunch time . He just doesn't have the ability to create a good shoot for himself or a teammate

I meant in the form of how he's improved. We, as hornets fans have just really been spoiled by Chris Paul. Go from gourmet steak to Winn Dixie brand steak... Of course nothing will taste as good
    Winn Dixie steak ain't bad .. Now Walmart steak .. Yeah that's bad

More like gourmet steak to Wal-Mart "steak." Winn-Dixie has some fine quality beef.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzmanD View Post
    Good simple analysis! I got a feeling Benson is kicking himself for giving Monty that extension. I really like Monty but I am not seeing improvement in his coaching, he is suppose to be a great defensive coach and we can't keep opponents under 100pts. Our offense is a joke, and the rotations Monty comes up with at times has me wondering what in the world is he thinking?
    Monty is losing me quickly .. I will give him another chance when Gordon gets back . But I'm not pleased with his coaching this year , he has been horrible this year

With people on this board, all they see is the bad in vasquez. Literally if he plays bad or just pointing out his limitations when he does good but could do better. He has been playing the hardest out of anybody the past few games and putting up great numbers and getting better, yet he is still a terrible liability to most, just accept him as what you have until he is no longer here, at least. find someone else to pick on

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    It's basically pick your poison. Don't hedge aggressively, perimeter defense suffers. Hedge aggressively and you have a bunch of mismatches especially on the post.
    I'll take my chances with contested 3s and and our pf guarding a pf on the block. Davis won't fall for the pump fake forever and Lopez stands his ground.

Otherwise you have vacated lanes and mismatches that lead to 70 points in the paint.

SO TIRED OF THE POINT GUARD NOT BEING ABLE TO GET BUY ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is absolutely killing the offense. Davis has to get more than 7 FG attempts in a game. Depending on how Gordon comes back, I would maybe trade Rivers, I really thought after a quarter of the way through the season we would start to see a little improvement. There is know way this kid can be a point guard I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLHornetsFan View Post
    SO TIRED OF THE POINT GUARD NOT BEING ABLE TO GET BUY ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is absolutely killing the offense. Davis has to get more than 7 FG attempts in a game. Depending on how Gordon comes back, I would maybe trade Rivers, I really thought after a quarter of the way through the season we would start to see a little improvement. There is know way this kid can be a point guard I just don't see it.
    You realize he hasn't primarily been playing PG? And you have to be blind to see he hasn't progressed and improved?

Thread Information