Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lakers/ Nets

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure the trade rule is that 10 points is the maximum that you can trade.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I'm pretty sure the trade rule is that 10 points is the maximum that you can trade.
    Could be Trell's saving grace. LOL

na, one points not that big of a deal
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

I was offering waaaaaaaaay more!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    na, one points not that big of a deal
    I agree the point is not a big deal at all. but the trade is kind of a big deal. LOL. and since the one point more makes it an invalid trade there is always the option that Trell could then say I don't want only 10 points in the deal and can take his time to make it a better trade for his team or look at other options.

Trell don't take the one less point and I can give you the PF you want!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    I was offering waaaaaaaaay more!!
    You wasn't, your trades was *****! Why lie?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    You wasn't, your trades was *****! Why lie?
    And that makes it different from this one how...? (sorry BallSoHard to hijack your awesome trade thread, but this has to be what real owners do in the NBA)
    #FREEQUAIL

I offered five picks and a good and young PF, just for Oneil and 2 points!
    Last edited by coltsguy510; 07-17-2012 at 02:27 PM.

You could put out a letter to the league and put it all in Comic Sans ala Dan Gilbert

Wow a single league point may nix this very good trade for the.lakers

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    I offered five picks and a very good and young PF!
    Cmon man, be real, you have a young pf not a very good and young pf

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    And that makes it different from this one how...? (sorry BallSoHard to hijack your awesome trade thread, but this has to be what real owners do in the NBA)
    LOL i agree with HornetsFan. I was actually in the same boat as Trell early in the season when i almost jumped the gun and traded Odom away. Luckily for me (sorry BallSoHard) I was able to back out of it bc it was invalid like this one. I later worked out a deal with him that we were both happy with tho. This one is even more lopsided than the first failed trade between clips and lakers. Trell should be getting back much more talent for what hes giving up. I think everyone can see that.

He keeps saying other offers sucked but i offered him stromile swift straight up for baron davis.and he didnt take that but he is okay with this one.

Okay, a good and young PF.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    You could put out a letter to the league and put it all in Comic Sans ala Dan Gilbert
    LOL

Anyway, again. Trell, if you like the trade and would take it for 10 points still, then speak up. If not, contact Balls and work it out.

Also, I know some owners commenting in this thread didn't like when others commented about the "fairness" in their own trade threads. So let's keep that in mind before we continuously blast and beat a dead horse.

Ballsohard was this the deal you needed to get done before we do ours?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Ballsohard was this the deal you needed to get done before we do ours?
    Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    i guess I would have that point of view too if i just got the deal you got. LOL
    But looking at the stats marbury basically put up 4 more points per game. he also played 3 or 4 more minutes than davis. BUT davis is the younger of the two by two years and has a MUCH better salary than marbury. I would still consider Davis for Marbury a fair talent trade if you are just looking to change players.

It's the Dale Davis for J Oneal and 21st pick that makes this a pitiful trade for the NETS. hes basically getting NO talent in return for those assets. J Oneal and the 21st pick could have netted Trell another young solid player to build with or he could have just kept them and built with marbury and J oneal.

I dont know man. You might as well just admit that you pulled a fast one on Trell because its pretty hard to justify what you are getting in the trade for what you sent. More power to you tho. must be a hell of a negotiator or Trell wasn't thinking when he agreed.
    Isnt it funny how you ask people specifically not to post on your threads but you're a hypocrit when the shoe's on the other foot?
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 07-17-2012 at 03:01 PM.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

What's funny is the majority of the people complaining, are ones that "offered way better deals". I offered what I thought were way better deals than deals i've seen go down, never said a peep.

I agree the point is not a big deal at all. but the trade is kind of a big deal. LOL. and since the one point more makes it an invalid trade there is always the option that Trell could then say I don't want only 10 points in the deal and can take his time to make it a better trade for his team or look at other options.
    You traded for nestervoich and 9 for SCRAPS. No one said anything.

LOL i agree with HornetsFan. I was actually in the same boat as Trell early in the season when i almost jumped the gun and traded Odom away. Luckily for me (sorry BallSoHard) I was able to back out of it bc it was invalid like this one. I later worked out a deal with him that we were both happy with tho. This one is even more lopsided than the first failed trade between clips and lakers. Trell should be getting back much more talent for what hes giving up. I think everyone can see that.

He keeps saying other offers sucked but i offered him stromile swift straight up for baron davis.and he didnt take that but he is okay with this one.
    You offered Stromile because tyou drafted randolf. You were stuck with the 9 pick and were basicly forced to take him. Sorry you drafted overlap in the deal you pulled, which was highly questionable as well.

The only bad part about that trade was the Mavs first. I should have gotten a better first rounder.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Can only trade 10 points.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Isnt it funny how you ask people specifically not to post on your threads by you're a hypocrit when the shoe's on the other foot?
    It is funny. I posted after the trade was already agreed to from both sides. I thought it was already official. I was giving my take on how much of a lopsided trade it was. So good for you. You made one Hell of a deal !!!!!
    I personally don't like when people give their opinion of a trade before its been approved by both parties by someone not even involved in the deal. I don't like that part of how the trade threads work. but i guess that's how it's going to be unless CP3 changes it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    What's funny is the majority of the people complaining, are ones that "offered way better deals". I offered what I thought were way better deals than deals i've seen go down, never said a peep.
    Well then you sir are a gentleman and a scholar lol. But seriously this isn't the first time everyone has chimed in on a trade, won't be the last. It is an awesome deal for you and shifts power, you reload and come back even stronger after making it so close. Big news friend, it'll be closed anyway when cp3 completes it so why not talk about it lol

Thread Information