Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    We could call it 50 shades of Gray?
    Only if we hated ourselves.

I'm late to this party but "NO" on the name.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    No, absolutely true. Benson was considering a change to colors similar to UCLA colors for the team but was talked out of it.
    I'd love to see a source -- Mecom's initial pick of colors ("Mecom blue" and gold, a combo very close to UCLA's colors) is a pretty well known. I've never heard of Benson's plans.

In fact this thread is the first result if you Google: benson saints colors UCLA blue.

EDIT: "Mecom blue" was the color used by John Mecom's racing team in the early 60s. It's a blue pretty close to UCLA blue. http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-09-18-016.jpg
    Last edited by DRob8785; 10-25-2012 at 02:37 PM.

I think 42 and I are just fine. Yes I have been adamant that the Hornets should and would not be the voodoo. That's all I've been saying. Now we can move on and just enjoy that a#$ kicking we have to those miami goons tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    42 must be mellowing cuz he really went easy on you...you should have hesitated, thought it over a moment, and then click cancel before throwing out something as silly and off base as this....

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    What about all of your voodoo poopoo's that were guaranteeing a voodoo. I hate to be the one I told ya so...
    Can't believe I missed this.

But even if you are right about us not being Voodoo, it won't have a thing to do with whatever nonsense reason you kept saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Can't believe I missed this.

But even if you are right about us not being Voodoo, it won't have a thing to do with whatever nonsense reason you kept saying.
    Just like Christians/Jews/Muslims who are Duke fans without feeling like they are advocating satanism, I don't think N.O. fans would feel like they are adopting witchcraft just because of a team name.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

You can say you know this coin won't come up heads, flip rhe coin and be right. But that's equally true dor anyone and if you swap heads and tails.

Given all the names in the world, saying "no" is the strategic.pick, you are likely correct.

However, it doesn't mean you know anything.

You are confusing "hope" with "knowledge." This is a common error, and most common when there is no knowledge of any sort.

Rumor: "Pelicans" the current front runner for new name?

There it is. Good to have you back 42.

I'm still rooting for Voodoo.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    As am I. Especially if the alternative is Pelicans. I could deal, but I'd rather have a less baseballsy name, you know?

That or Krewe of New Orleans.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Knights
    Pelicans
    Voodoo

In order for me. But we all know Knights isn't happening.
    Wherehappens.

To fully re-brand the franchise, Benson wants to change the team's nickname to something that would more closely identify it with New Orleans. Benson said he gets letters daily from fans suggesting names. Benson didn’t offer any suggested names he liked but said changing the nickname remains a priority.

Under league rules, the NBA expects a minimum two years notice for a franchise to change its nickname. NBA Commissioner David Stern said there’s no chance of the Utah Jazz relinquishing its nickname back to New Orleans.

"I feel strongly that we need to change that name,’’ Benson said. "When the Jazz was here that meant something to New Orleans. So we have to have something like that. Sometime in the future we’ll get a new name and it will be that much better. Maybe one that relates to our community a little closer than the Hornets do.’’
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...ner_tom_4.html

Any of you guys here been sending letters? Maybe if he gets a lot of the same name it might be a name he'd consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Knights
    Pelicans
    Voodoo

In order for me. But we all know Knights isn't happening.
    IA, Knights is my favorite choice

I really liked the hurricanes, but i don't even think that's on their doppler.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I really liked the hurricanes, but i don't even think that's on their doppler.
    I can't imagine why...

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I can't imagine why...

one of the worst movies of all time

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I'm still rooting for Voodoo.
    Agreed, and if not that, the Krewe.

I'm ok with this.

Though i'd really like Revelers.
    asdfghjkl;'

New Orleans Soul. Or Nola Fusion. tribute to the music roots, names most closely associated with 'Jazz'

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    New Orleans Soul. Or Nola Fusion. tribute to the music roots, names most closely associated with 'Jazz'
    I'm so suprised Soul hasn't been mentioned more. It's my 2nd favorite name at this point. Not sure if the Philly Soul has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=Team_Colors

According to this, brown, gray and green seem like the least used colors.

Pelicans are often brown and gray...
    If we do become the Pelicans... brown has to be color high up there.

I mean... our state bird is the BROWN pelican after all

Pelicans is terrible. It's highly symbolic and represents our state but seriously? A freakin' Pelican? It just sounds lame as hell. I'd much rather Voodoo or Brass or Revelers. I'd rather be called the mosquitoes or something dealing w/ seafood than the damn Pelicans. At least crawfish or crabs would offer a better logo and fiercer sounding name.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    If we do become the Pelicans... brown has to be color high up there.

I mean... our state bird is the BROWN pelican after all
    I hope we don't go with brown regardless of the mascot. We would, in the most literal sense, look like crap.

I forgot throw my support behind a UNC blue and gray/black color scheme either. Anything besides royal blue would be amazing. And I think this day in age, well... black just looks better. I'd be fine with baby blue too, just not with yellow... that's TOO UCLA.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    For those of you who think UNC blue is so awesome and it should be one of our colors, WTF!!!! Seriously!!! Why??? We are trying to cut all ties with North Carolina and have our own identity yet you want to use the University of North Carolina's blue. You must all be mad. Anything other than Mardi Gras colors to me is a waste. I don't care if people outside the area don't think they look good or match or whatever. This is about our identity and the Mardi Gras color's is the best choice possible.

Thread Information