Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Basketball Summer Olympics Thread

pretty obvious davis will only play in blowouts

We played Argentina it started at 2:30. Mostly unimpresive besides the blistering start.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

If Argentina had an ounce of athleticism, they win 10+. I can hardly watch this US team...hopefully it changes for games that "matter."

They don't drive unless they have to. I don't think they fully understand how to attack a zone.

No Davis= No watch
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

They're not running plays either. I have to think that they aren't showing their cards just Yet.

i think davis will play tuesday against a bigger team in spain

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    They're not running plays either. I have to think that they aren't showing their cards just Yet.
    Have to hope.

There's not much screening action going on either. Pick and rolls some, but opposing teams crash in on the roller leaving the corners open. We push the ball to the corners and settle.

Is the game over? And did Davis play at all?
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    Is the game over? And did Davis play at all?
    Thankfully and no.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_Hornet View Post
    If Argentina had an ounce of athleticism, they win 10+. I can hardly watch this US team...hopefully it changes for games that "matter."
    A joke right? They do have athletisicm, and they never gave up. However, team USA has more athleticism and the basketball iq to go with it. This was an exhibition where neither team was going to show much. Honestly never felt like the was in doubt. Even when it got close, LeBron or Durant would do something to make it seem as if they were just toying with a very scrappy Argentina team.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    A joke right? They do have athletisicm, and they never gave up. However, team USA has more athleticism and the basketball iq to go with it. This was an exhibition where neither team was going to show much. Honestly never felt like the was in doubt. Even when it got close, LeBron or Durant would do something to make it seem as if they were just toying with a very scrappy Argentina team.
    Compared to the US they had athleticism? Luis Scola? Aging Manu? Nocioni? Not the most athletic bunch in the world. Technically far superior to the US IMO.

Greivis Vasquez ‏@greivisvasquez
    By the way, The Dream team had a little trouble beating Argentina! The Gold generation is going to be tough to beat in London!!
    Um, apparently since Gravy was 5 years old back then, he doesn't know how much the competition has improved since then.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Um, apparently since Gravy was 5 years old back then, he doesn't know how much the competition has improved since then.

It has, and the fear factor has decreased as well, but simply stated, this team isn't near the orginal dream team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_Hornet View Post
    Compared to the US they had athleticism? Luis Scola? Aging Manu? Nocioni? Not the most athletic bunch in the world. Technically far superior to the US IMO.

Tend to agree. The only guy that's ever been athetic on that team is Ginobili who's like 34.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    It has, and the fear factor has decreased as well, but simply stated, this team isn't near the orginal dream team IMO.
    Isn't this team much younger though? Give it four years and it's a totally different argument.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    Isn't this team much younger though? Give it four years and it's a totally different argument.
    thats assuming they dont put in effect that 24 year old age limit they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    thats assuming they dont put in effect that 24 year old age limit they are talking about.

would it be American players only?

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    would it be American players only?
    yeah its something david stern is thinking about.

Sometimes I forget how money makes for some really stupid ideas. If he's even entertaining that idea then it should apply to all nba players.

USA (Gold)

Charles Barkley
    Larry Bird
    Clyde Drexler
    Patrick Ewing
    Magic Johnson
    Michael Jordan
    Christian Laettner
    Karl Malone
    Chris Mullin
    Scottie Pippen
    David Robinson
    John Stockton
    11 out of 12 of those players are in the Hall of Fame. 20 years from now, will you be able to say the same for this year's team?

G Chris Paul
    G Deron Williams
    G Russell Westbrook
    G Kobe Bryant
    G James Harden
    F LeBron James
    F Andre Iguodala
    F Kevin Durant
    F Carmelo Anthony
    F Anthony Davis
    F Kevin Love
    C Tyson Chandler
    Off the bat, I'd say Lebron and Kobe are 100% surefire first ballet HOFs, while Paul, Williams, and Anthony are right behind. Durant will be a HOF barring any major injuries, and the jury is still out on Chandler, Love, Iguodala and the rest of the group. All of them have the potential, they're just too young to tell right now.

Potentially, every single one of these players could be a HOF, but it's not likely.

the weakness of team usa is size. on our roster we have one true center in chandler. dont get why howard or bynum wouldnt play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    the weakness of team usa is size. on our roster we have one true center in chandler. dont get why howard or bynum wouldnt play for us.
    Howard is injured (back).

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    Howard is injured (back).
    i didnt specifically mean just this year. we were in a similar situation in 08 as well.

Thread Information