Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    BIG time win by lakers @ spurs. Could spurs....miss the playoffs???
    2 good teams are going to have to, hard to say which ones. Just hope its not the Pels.

To be fair the Lakers have been playing well lately, so of all the upsets that could of happened this was the one I thought had an actual chance. They are 10-5 over their last 15.

This Pels win streak reminds of the Saints this past year. Win win win, but still not guarantee to make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperchargedCP3 View Post
    This Pels win streak reminds of the Saints this past year. Win win win, but still not guarantee to make the playoffs.
    Yup same thought has occurred to me i actually like being on edge during a season though, i mean we cant all be patriots or the warriors.
    Last edited by Coreyinthe504; 03-04-2018 at 12:24 AM.

Our next road trip is very important for our playoffs hopes. We should win 2/3 games, 3-0 would be Perfect. We need to stay focus and play everyone with 110% efford. Nothing will come easy, Mavs and Kings will fight until the end. We MUST be ready.
    Last edited by Creative; 03-04-2018 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Our next road trip is very important for our playoffs hopes. We should win 2/3 games, 3-0 would be Perfect. We need to stay focus and play everyone with 110% efford. Nothing will come easy, Mavs and Kings will fight until the end. We MUST be ready.
    GENIUS!
    '' We are here!!''

Did we went from being 5th seed to the 7th seed back to the 5 seeds all on our days off?

If we won the next 3 that would be huge. We need some space for when we go through that killer stretch. Winning the next 3 would put us 12 games over 500 with only 18 games left.

I'm however fully expecting us to drop back to the mean and lose some we shouldn't so 2-1 on this trip and I'm more than happy.

Its not so important exactly where we finish as it is which side of the bracket we're on. The perfect option would be to finish in the 3 or 4 seed, giving us home court, and on the opposite side of the bracket from GSW and Minn. We just don't match up with either of those. We got swept by Minn 0-4 this season. So, if third seed, you want GSW to be the #1 and Minn #4 or #5, and if we are the 4 seed, you want Htn as the 1 seed and Minn as either #3 or #6. Everyone else we've beaten so far.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Its not so important exactly where we finish as it is which side of the bracket we're on. The perfect option would be to finish in the 3 or 4 seed, giving us home court, and on the opposite side of the bracket from GSW and Minn. We just don't match up with either of those. We got swept by Minn 0-4 this season. So, if third seed, you want GSW to be the #1 and Minn #4 or #5, and if we are the 4 seed, you want Htn as the 1 seed and Minn as either #3 or #6. Everyone else we've beaten so far.
    We didn't match up with Minny when they had Butler. Completely different team now. They Quite possibly won't make the playoffs. As far as Houston or GSW- certainly don't want GSW, so Houston is My choice. Both San Antonio & Minny may be OUT completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If we won the next 3 that would be huge. We need some space for when we go through that killer stretch. Winning the next 3 would put us 12 games over 500 with only 18 games left.

I'm however fully expecting us to drop back to the mean and lose some we shouldn't so 2-1 on this trip and I'm more than happy.
    We may have a brutal 3-4 game stretch, but San Antonio has 19 game brutal stretch . & Minny ain't far behind SA as far as bear of a schedule. But, by far, San Antonio is treading water with ankle weights on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    We may have a brutal 3-4 game stretch, but San Antonio has 19 game brutal stretch . & Minny ain't far behind SA as far as bear of a schedule. But, by far, San Antonio is treading water with ankle weights on.
    We have 7 games in 10 days. 5 games with playoff teams, the Rockets TWICE. The two non playoff teams are sandwiched between a playoff team and we play both in the run of 3 games in 3 nights. For anyone curious our death stretch is March 17th through 27th. 14 of our 21 last games are against playoff teams or teams fighting for a seed.

Yes other teams have butal schedules as well but ours is still a brutal run. I'm not comfortable with any position we are in right now because anyone can fall out of this 10 team race.

Winning these 3 games would be huge for us because it puts us so high above 500 and 1 of the games is against the Clippers which pushes them down a game. We need that because take for example the Jazz, of their 19 games left they only have 9 playoff teams on their schedule. After these 3, 13 of our last 18 are playoff teams.

I actually could see the Thunder falling as well. They have 17 games left and 13 are against playoff teams. Still the hope is Wolves or Spurs or both continue to fall.

For reference here's the other teams and their remaining schedule:

Clippers - 21 games 16 against playoff teams
    Nuggets - 21 games 12 against playoff teams (a good number of playoff teams are Eastern) weak schedule overall
    Spurs - 19 games 13 against playoff teams
    Wolves - 16 games 10 against playoff teams
    Blazers - 19 games 13 against playoff teams

If we assume the Clippers fall due to their schedule that leaves 1 spot outside the playoffs with Pelicans, Thunder, Jazz, Spurs, and Wolves all possible of landing in it due to schedule. With how weak the Nuggets schedule is and where their position is in the rankings I'm assuming they get in.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-04-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Great post Mythrol

We have 7 games in 10 days. 5 games with playoff teams, the Rockets TWICE. The two non playoff teams are sandwiched between a playoff team and we play both in the run of 3 games in 3 nights. For anyone curious our death stretch is March 17th through 27th. 14 of our 21 last games are against playoff teams or teams fighting for a seed.

Yes other teams have butal schedules as well but ours is still a brutal run. I'm not comfortable with any position we are in right now because anyone can fall out of this 10 team race.

Winning these 3 games would be huge for us because it puts us so high above 500 and 1 of the games is against the Clippers which pushes them down a game. We need that because take for example the Jazz, of their 19 games left they only have 9 playoff teams on their schedule. After these 3, 13 of our last 18 are playoff teams.

I actually could see the Thunder falling as well. They have 17 games left and 13 are against playoff teams. Still the hope is Wolves or Spurs or both continue to fall.

For reference here's the other teams and their remaining schedule:

Clippers - 21 games 16 against playoff teams
    Nuggets - 21 games 12 against playoff teams (a good number of playoff teams are Eastern) weak schedule overall
    Spurs - 19 games 13 against playoff teams
    Wolves - 16 games 10 against playoff teams
    Blazers - 19 games 13 against playoff teams

If we assume the Clippers fall due to their schedule that leaves 1 spot outside the playoffs with Pelicans, Thunder, Jazz, Spurs, and Wolves all possible of landing in it due to schedule. With how weak the Nuggets schedule is and where their position is in the rankings I'm assuming they get in.
    Really nice, long post with all kinds of specious logic. 1) I see you are Not counting LAC & Utah as playoff teams. I mean, really? & 2) playing a playoff team is not all encompassing . Over 20% of San Antonios games are against GS & Houston. That's NOT the same as Miami & Milwaukee.So, the playoff fulcrum is meaningless. They also play Washington twice. I dig the stats, but using (playoff teams, as of now) is truly NOT an effective point of reference.
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-04-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Really nice, long post with all kinds of specious logic. 1) I see you are Not counting LAC & Utah as playoff teams. I mean, really? & 2) playing a playoff team is not all encompassing . Over 20% of San Antonios games are against GS & Houston. That's NOT the same as Miami & Milwaukee.So, the playoff fulcrum is meaningless. They also play Washington twice. I dig the stats, but using (playoff teams, as of now) is truly NOT an effective point of reference.
    Yes, it is. Perfect barometer.

I'm not counting LAC and Utah as playoff teams? How'd you get that? All my stats are based off of "playoff teams or teams fighting for a seed". I include them in all the lists I put and even put their names up there with how many of their games are against playoff teams.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-04-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Prior to the season starting I predicted we'd win 53 games and that would be 5th seed. I'm amending my prediction: still 5th seed, but that will be achieved with only 47 wins.
    Basketball.

I'm not counting LAC and Utah as playoff teams? How'd you get that? All my stats are based off of "playoff teams or teams fighting for a seed". I include them in all the lists I put and even put their names up there with how many of their games are against playoff teams.
    You have San Antonio playing 13 of 19 playoff teams. Pels 2----GS 2----Hou 2----Wash 2----OKC 2---Mil---Utah---LAC---Port---Minny. That's NOT 13. So, I figured you left out Utah & Clips. If not, then your math is wrong.

After San Antonio's next game vs Memphis, they play 13 of 14 against Playoff teams.

You have San Antonio playing 13 of 19 playoff teams. Pels 2----GS 2----Hou 2----Wash 2----OKC 2---Mil---Utah---LAC---Port---Minny. That's NOT 13. So, I figured you left out Utah & Clips. If not, then your math is wrong.
    I miscounted. The Spurs are actually 15 of 19. I didn't include Mil on accident and I missed one of the Houston games and instead counted the Magic twice.

The whole point of my post was how the Pels aren't safe and the Jazz and Clippers have a shot.

tonight we root for:

pelicans obviously (3.5 point road favorites) --- Nice Pels W
    nets (7.5 point road underdogs) --- Nets led with 30 seconds to go. Austin Rivers happened... Tough L here but was expected

just a pels win would be a successful day

Pels won, so the day was a success.
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-04-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    tonight we root for:

pelicans obviously (3.5 point road favorites)
    nets (7.5 point road underdogs)

just a pels win would be a successful day
    If the Pels win out they are in the playoffs.

If the Pels win out they are in the playoffs.
    I love that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

starting the day with playoff odds at 82%

root for:

grizzlies @ spurs (grizz 12 point underdogs...) --- L
    magic @ jazz (magic 9.5 point underdogs...) --- L
    lakers vs. blazers (lakers 2 point underdogs) --- L

almost 57% chance of at least 1 of grizz, magic, or lakers winning with lakers obviously having the best chance. any 1 of those winning would be a successful day

day was a failure. no help at all. playoff odds down from 82% to 79%. clippers game tomorrow is MASSIVE
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-06-2018 at 12:02 AM.

Lakers up 10 against the Blazers with 7 minutes left in the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Lakers up 10 against the Blazers with 7 minutes left in the fourth.
    blew it

Thread Information