Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bosh back to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    OK I knew PHX was "courting" Thomas didn't know he had signed already.

BTW has Bledsoe fielded any offers?
    Haven't heard. Would be shocked if suns let him go, but they did just give Thomas 27M over 4 years.

I don't understand the Suns. They gave up assets for Bledsoe last year. I can't possibly imagine they let him walk this year. Maybe they trade Dragic, but dude was botdrline All Star. I don't see the Thomas fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Haven't heard. Would be shocked if suns let him go, but they did just give Thomas 27M over 4 years.
    That is backup money nowadays. Will be a stellar 3 guard rotation
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Pelicans players, coaches, personnel - If you ever want the benefit of the doubt from Da Throne, just go to another team.

Everyone gets it except for our guys.
    Don't start this. We could do this back and forth all day and it's completely non productive.

Saying teams have a possiblity of something isn't saying they will do that some thing.

They been trying to trade away Asik and couldn't get what they wanted. So they wanted to move him getting compensation they wouldn't have gotten if his contract expired.

There core was Howard, Harden, Parsons. They can keep that core but Asik and Lin were just role players. This wasn't some massive fire sale of nonreplacable assets. These are guys they didn't want to have to pay. They can bring in guys like Isaiah Thomas and/or Pau Gasol and they are a better team than they were last year IMO. Free agency isn't over and having cap space and flexibility isn't a bad thing when you have proven players like Howard and Harden and a large market to sell.
    I dont understand how you're ok w a core of:
    Harden (No defense Max)
    Howard (Max)
    Parsons (VERY overpaid)

and you're not with

AD (Rookie deal)
    Reke (On a good contract)
    Jrue Multiskilled PG on a somewhat higher contract
    Ryno (great contract)

How does Bosh returning affect the Asik trade?
    Cap space to match Parsons?

Don't start this. We could do this back and forth all day and it's completely non productive.

Saying teams have a possiblity of something isn't saying they will do that some thing.
    Find me 3 posts of you saying anything positive about any players, coaches, or front office staff. Do that and I will never mention anything again.

You gotta admit that you see a lot of positive with what others do. I can't remember anything positive you have ever said about any Pelican player or move. If I am wrong, I am wrong, but I honestly can't remember.

is it just me... or did this basically signal that the Rockets made a division foe (Pelicans) better (Asik trade coming) while they stand pat at best?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    is it just me... or did this basically signal that the Rockets made a division foe (Pelicans) better (Asik trade coming) while they stand pat at best?
    Nope. They made a division for better while they got WORSE. No depth and cash strapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Nope. They made a division for better while they got WORSE. No depth and cash strapped.
    I would hold on that. They can still sign someone before they have to match Parsons. Let's see who that is and then judge. I don't know who they can get, but I am still gonna hold off until Parsons sheet is matched. At that point, they are locked in.

I would hold on that. They can still sign someone before they have to match Parsons. Let's see who that is and then judge. I don't know who they can get, but I am still gonna hold off until Parsons sheet is matched. At that point, they are locked in.
    I just don't see the URFA they can get that will make up for dumping depth, a starting PG, and capping themselves with Parsons.

Lance Stephenson? Maybe? But what's he going to do come off the bench? Are they going to pay him 15m/yr for that?

Since everything has fallen through, can the Rockets still back out of the deal with the Pelicans? Also I haven't seen anything on the protection of the pick in the Asik deal, is it known yet?
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I just don't see the URFA they can get that will make up for dumping depth, a starting PG, and capping themselves with Parsons.

Lance Stephenson? Maybe? But what's he going to do come off the bench? Are they going to pay him 15m/yr for that?
    Could go get somebody making an uneven trade. Maybe Terrance Jones for a 10-16 million dollar PF. Or similar deal with Beverly for a PG.

We will know by Sunday

I want people to notice some of the same questions that got asked here multiple times today. In the last hour nonetheless! Questions that you can't exactly say are good.

Now, imagine having a Twitter account and getting 30-50 of these on an average day. 200+ on a busy one. If you don't answer, you are stuck up. Would YOU want a twitter account?

The rockets have literally no one i would want, considering contracts, in exchange for ryno. No one. Picks would be useless too since they're going to be high
    I want people to notice some of the same questions that got asked here multiple times today. In the last hour nonetheless! Questions that you can't exactly say are good.

Now, imagine having a Twitter account and getting 30-50 of these on an average day. 200+ on a busy one. If you don't answer, you are stuck up. Would YOU want a twitter account?
    I have a twitter account i think..i don't think anyone ever wrote me anything though

Parsons for Ryno......that would be the only thing I'd agree to.

Why not just answer the seemingly good questions and tweet them out instead of sending them directly out to someone?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Would you really want to pay 16 millions to parsons for the next 4 or 5 years? I mean, if you thought gordon's contract was bad...this is much, much worse

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He agreed to Max money, so there is no way in hell I'd do that. Ntm we couldn't acquire him for 60 days bc he was a RFA (I think?).

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Why not just answer the seemingly good questions and tweet them out instead of sending them directly out to someone?
    What do I do with all the bad ones? Ignore those people?

I have done that before. That don't end well either.

That is backup money nowadays. Will be a stellar 3 guard rotation
    Yea. I understand that. I don't think that's a bad contract by any means just not what I expected the suns to target this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Would you really want to pay 16 millions to parsons for the next 4 or 5 years? I mean, if you thought gordon's contract was bad...this is much, much worse
    How about Gordon and Ryno for Parsons and Jones? Now, that is interesting to think about

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Yea. I understand that. I don't think that's a bad contract by any means just not what I expected the suns to target this off-season.
    They still got plenty of money. Got the 1, 2, and 3 positions locked up. Morris Bros and Plumlee up front. Another big (Gasol?) and they can be nice.

The Franchise
    What do I do with all the bad ones? Ignore those people?

I have done that before. That don't end well either.
    If people are rude block them?
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thread Information