Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Small move before Wed?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Mo is in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I think Mo Williams only started for 3 teams.
    not if you count preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Would make sense. They want to get Beldsoe some more minutes too i'm assuming.
    Moe is on the Jazz now.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Pure speculation ahead. None of this comes from a source, just my thinking:

McNamara said on twitter its a guy thats on a expiring deal and that he had started for 4 different teams. He then went on to say that between the guesses on HR (here) and twitter, someone had guessed the mystery guy. Then, I saw on twitter somebody guessed Devin Harris. Harris has started for Dallas, NJ, Utah and now Atlanta. Thats four teams. He is also on an expiring deal. I think that Dell is looking at Devin Harris, it fits all the small clues.

Like I said though, straight from my mind. No reason to believe it.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 10-29-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Would make sense. They want to get Beldsoe some more minutes too i'm assuming.
    Mo Williams is now on the Jazz.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    not if you count preseason.
    Does preseason count? I don't know the rules for this rumored traded lol

I can completely understand why you wouldnt want to give up the Hornets players name for the exact reason your mentioned. But i dont think too many people care about that, we want to know who might become a part of the team.

It is one of these five guys. Can you pick him out? Lol.

Lebron James
    Carmelo Anthony
    Daequan Cook
    Derrick Rose
    Rajon Rondo

Kyle Lowry?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post

Mcnmarna said on twitter its a guy thats on a expiring deal and that he had started for 4 different teams. He then went on to say that between the guesses on HR (here) and twitter, someone had guessed the mystery guy. Then, on twitter, somebody guessed Devin Harris. Harris has started for Dallas, NJ, Utah and now Atlanta. Thats four teams. He is also on an expiring deal. I think that Dell is looking at Devin Harris, it fits all the small clues.

Eh. Not real crazy about Harris, but he's better than anything we have by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post

Mcnmarna said on twitter its a guy thats on a expiring deal and that he had started for 4 different teams. He then went on to say that between the guesses on HR (here) and twitter, someone had guessed the mystery guy. Then, on twitter, somebody guessed Devin Harris. Harris has started for Dallas, NJ, Utah and now Atlanta. Thats four teams. He is also on an expiring deal. I think that Dell is looking at Devin Harris, it fits all the small clues.

Excellent guess, dude. This definitely fits all the clues. And Harris fills a need at the 1, at least temporarily. The regular rotation guy could be Vasquez. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Excellent guess, dude. This definitely fits all the clues. And Harris fills a need at the 1, at least temporarily. The regular rotation guy could be Vasquez. It works.
    I'd do that in a heartbeat.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post

Lebron James
    Carmelo Anthony
    Daequan Cook
    Derrick Rose
    Rajon Rondo

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post

Lebron James
    Carmelo Anthony
    Daequan Cook
    Derrick Rose
    Rajon Rondo
    Interesting.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Eh. Not real crazy about Harris, but he's better than anything we have by far.
    What??????? I'd love that. I may literally **** all over the place with excitement. We would be very solid at almost every position.

What??????? I'd love that. I may literally **** all over the place with excitement. We would be very solid at almost every position.
    Please, go the bathroom before they announce it.

I know this, if Austin Rivers is going to start from the beginning at point, and he should, you're left with Vasquez as your back up, because he's not going to give you anything playing off they ball with Gordon anyway. Well based on the preseason, i think Brian Roberts now makes GV expendable.

Darius Miller after the last few games just showed that he's going to get minutes at the back up SG as well as the SF, He can play next to Gordon or Rivers.

That leaves Gravy with no minutes, basically he's the least athletic and slowest guy on the team position for position, you can't have that a the PG with weapons he have. With this young athletic team you're going to have to be able to take advantage of the energy, stamina and athleticism of this team especially when you play older veteran teams and GV kills your tempo.

So i can see him being shipped out along with Warrick.

One of the guys that it could be is Devin Harris - he fits the profile of starting for 4 teams.

Vasquez, Henry, and Warrick for Devin Harris. It works financially, and while I like Vasquez as a player, Harris is an upgrade. Plus, Harris is an $8 million dollar expiring that can be flipped at the trade deadline.

What would yall think about that?

EDIT Dammit. Somebody beat me to it haha. Still, I think it's a good idea.

Not saying anybody has got it right so far, but let me remind you that the OTHER TEAM said No to this proposal.

All my info is coming from the other organizations side, but I do know that Monty told the team that if they reconsider to let him know soon, because it is "50/50 that he makes a deal before opening night"

So.... keep that in mind.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    One of the guys that it could be is Devin Harris - he fits the profile of starting for 4 teams.

Vasquez, Henry, and Warrick for Devin Harris. It works financially, and while I like Vasquez as a player, Harris is an upgrade. Plus, Harris is an $8 million dollar expiring that can be flipped at the trade deadline.

What would yall think about that?
    Would def be an upgrade at the pg position, and its a win-win, we either have 8mil coming off the books or we may be able to resign him to a deal less than 8mil a year. He will be 30 next year. So I would be OK with a resign of around 4-5mil.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Has nothing to do with his skill. Just never been a big Harris fan. I get these inklings...

This all makes me wonder why we traded Jack tho.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Not saying anybody has got it right so far, but let me remind you that the OTHER TEAM said No to this proposal.

All my info is coming from the other organizations side, but I do know that Monty told the team that if they reconsider to let him know soon, because it is "50/50 that he makes a deal before opening night"

So.... keep that in mind.
    Now I'm going to be disappointed if we don't make some type of move. Any move!

Granted, we don't really need to.

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    harris has been getting steadily worse for years, happy for the expiring

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    This all makes me wonder why we traded Jack tho.
    To make room to absorb Lopez's and Warrick's contracts.

Thread Information