Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Gordon and Rivers were both "full" at practice today/No guarantee for opener

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdman View Post
    IMO we made a BIG mistake resigning Gordon. We should have let him go to the Suns. It's painfully obviously now he's another Baron Davis type player.
    No, it's not. Calm down and see what happens the first 1/4 of the season before you go throwing out things like this.
    Wherehappens.

Soon we will all be on the same side of this debate. More and more are coming to the side that an objective realist would be on. I wish I had the faith in Gordon that some do, but there is just too much evidence to the contrary.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman View Post
    IMO we made a BIG mistake resigning Gordon. We should have let him go to the Suns. It's painfully obviously now he's another Baron Davis type player.
    Agree with you and MyLanta. I was surprised that we signed him and had so much faith in Gordon mainly because of his injury record, but especially after the Suns situation. I can't believe we put up that much cash for Gordon and expected him to miss the season opener. I'm sure his a great guy, a great player, etc. However, at this point it almost sounds like a joke to include him in any discussion with New Orleans basketball. Does the organization really believe NOW that we work him in slowly this season and after that except for the occasional minor injury we get our $50 million+ out of Gordon for the remainder of his contract. I just don't think so.

Gordon out indefinitely per Monty Williams.

I am telling you, this will be the norm

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Wow, pretty short sighted here guys.

Would you prefer him to average 35 minutes a game for the first two weeks and reaggravate this injury? He is talking about the entire season. IT IS CALLED COMMON SENSE---- Take it slow at first. Test it out, see what you can handle.... don't over do it.

Ever heard of a pitch count? Do you have any idea why that is? This is a common practice in ALL SPORTS... and he probably doesn't even have full control of how this plays out. Monty and the Dr. are going to do what they want in regards to his playtime.

NBA players play every 2 days or back to back, over 82 games. This is a lot of wear and tear. NFL players play 16 times a year with 7 days of rest between games. HUGE difference.

Pretty disappointed by the comments....
    So, is out indefinately a PITCH COUNT? Common Sense? Give me a break dude.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    No, it's not. Calm down and see what happens the first 1/4 of the season before you go throwing out things like this.
    Nevermind.

Rage on.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Nevermind.

Rage on.
    LOL

WOW!!!!!!

Either the Dr missed something, Gordon has no pain tolerance, He truly is just not ready, or Gordon just hustled everyone at a mastermind level - These are the options.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gordon is public enemy #1. If I had his jersey, I'd be burning it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    John Reid ‏@JohnReidTP
    Hornets' Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers both practiced today without any limitations. Stories will be up shortly on http://NOLA.com
    I think Nolaslim forgot the sike at the end with size -1 font.

Thread Information