Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: After last nights games we are tied for 8th seed.

People might be underestimating the value of Hill for Jrue's game too. Without Hill here Jrue is the one being asked to defend the teams best perimeter player every game. That takes a lot of your focus and energy away when you are constantly being attacked all game long. We notice AD and Cousins taking defensive plays off throughout the game all the time, but rarely if ever do we say the same for Jrue.

That's no excuse for his shooting, it must get better, but Hill being healthy and taking on the hardest defensive assignment will allow Jrue to be freer on offense and not use his energy every play on defense the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    People might be underestimating the value of Hill for Jrue's game too. Without Hill here Jrue is the one being asked to defend the teams best perimeter player every game. That takes a lot of your focus and energy away when you are constantly being attacked all game long. We notice AD and Cousins taking defensive plays off throughout the game all the time, but rarely if ever do we say the same for Jrue.

That's no excuse for his shooting, it must get better, but Hill being healthy and taking on the hardest defensive assignment will allow Jrue to be freer on offense and not use his energy every play on defense the entire game.
    I did have similar thoughts today actually

Good point

Ik this is off topic sorry for that but who thinks Monroe is in play now? After buyout or trade? I mean from everything I remember about all the discussing a trade for him rumors he'd love to come back home and play here.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Ik this is off topic sorry for that but who thinks Monroe is in play now? After buyout or trade? I mean from everything I remember about all the discussing a trade for him rumors he'd love to come back home and play here.

I'd say he is in play for a possible trade now. Only thing to keep in mind is- he makes about 2mil more than Asik+Ajinca combined, so the Pels would have to include someone like Cunningham in the trade, too, to stay under the luxury tax. And newly signed players can't be traded until December 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    I'd say he is in play for a possible trade now. Only thing to keep in mind is- he makes about 2mil more than Asik+Ajinca combined, so the Pels would have to include someone like Cunningham in the trade, too, to stay under the luxury tax. And newly signed players can't be traded until December 15.
    Hopefully no one trades for him them and the buyout happens and we're on the phone with him immediately.

Banned
    The Turkish Hammer is working out daily.
    I expect Asik back on the floor soon.
    How he will play is anyone’s guess

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    The Turkish Hammer is working out daily.
    I expect Asik back on the floor soon.
    How he will play is anyone’s guess
    This board has convinced me that I should only look for the result I want and work my logic backwards from there.
    Asik has probably greatly improved and is exactly what we've needed. If you look at it just the right way Asik might be everything our team's been missing. He's lost weight and now that he knows he nearly (or may have to still) retire, he knows he better play well so he will!
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

very good post

Asik was actually good. Like. He was up there for Cs in the league back when Cs meant something. At the time, his deal wasn't that bad. Knowing what we do now, it's a travesty. But back then you had to have a big guy to win. They were a huge part to the game. And he was good.

Even in today's in NBA, I agree, he would be a nice 3rd big if he could get back to playing shape. That's a big IF, though.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information