Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Raptors @ Hornets

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Our SF's (Thomas, Aminu, McGuire, Henry) combined for 3 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 turnover, and 8 fouls tonight in 49 minutes.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we made a move for a older SF, I don't see the coaches having the patience to put up with that all year.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Our SF's (Thomas, Aminu, McGuire, Henry) combined for 3 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 turnover, and 8 fouls tonight in 49 minutes.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we made a move for a older SF, I don't see the coaches having the patience to put up with that all year.
    First name that came to mind was Luol Deng.

Who else might be available? Josh Smith?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Andre Iguodala

I'd think Corey Brewer is in the cross hair of Demps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    First name that came to mind was Luol Deng.

Who else might be available? Josh Smith?
    He is a FA, so I wouldn't give up much for him. He would be a pretty nice player to add to this team though. Great defender, but how well can he stay with SFs on the perimeter? He usually guards PFs, right? I don't watch ATL play much.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    I'd think Corey Brewer is in the cross hair of Demps.
    Brewer and a scorer like J.R. Smith would really solidify the team.

I was thinking more along the lines of Carlos Delfino, Mike Dunleavy, PJ Tucker, Francisco Garcia, Martell Wester lol

Someone that could just get us along. I like Lance, but I'd rather give 21 minutes to any of those guys.

I was thinking more along the lines of Carlos Delfino, Mike Dunleavy, PJ Tucker, Francisco Garcia, Martell Wester lol
    I think you are thinking too small at the position. We need serious help there, and we have a lot of money to spend, so why not go after some of the best?

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I think you are thinking too small at the position. We need serious help there, and we have a lot of money to spend, so why not go after some of the best?
    I agree, but I'm talking about now. The last thing I want to do is take on a player with a lengthy contract (whether that's two years or five years lol) just because we didn't want Thomas, Henry, Aminu, etc getting minutes. With those guys above, they're all on either one year deals or team options that would probably come relatively cheap. Then after this season we can go after a long term guy.

I agree, but I'm talking about now. The last thing I want to do is take on a player with a lengthy contract (whether that's two years or five years lol) just because we didn't want Thomas, Henry, Aminu, etc getting minutes. With those guys above, they're all on either one year deals or team options that would probably come relatively cheap. Then after this season we can go after a long term guy.
    Oh yeah, I totally agree. I would only go after Smith or Iggy in FA. There is no way I would actually trade anything for an expiring UFA.

Jst watched the UCLA game I want Shabazz so bad I think he can play SF.

Gameday Thread: Raptors @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    He's a SF to me. He's not a guy who will take you off the dribble and beat you iso. He looks to fit perfectly on this team. He also isn't a guy who you give the ball to and he'll make something out of nothing happen either but he's a guy that can score in bunches when you get the ball to him in spots he likes. He looks like an elite scorer who can put the ball in the basket anywhere on he court.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    He's a SF to me. He's not a guy who will take you off the dribble and beat you iso. He looks to fit perfectly on this team. He also isn't a guy who you give the ball to and he'll make something out of nothing happen either but he's a guy that can score in bunches when you get the ball to him in spots he likes. He looks like an elite scorer who can put the ball in the basket anywhere on he court.
    That is just what this team needs at sf, were do you think he will go in the draft

I need to look at this Muhammad cat myself. Thankfully Cox is finally on the ESPN 3 wagon. I might not get to watch it tonight, but I'll definitely peep it out tomorrow.

Those alley-oops GV was throwing to AD, New York Matinee called it "a playful but mysterious little dish".
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Now is not the time to worry about the offense. We are missing our best player, giving scrubs big minutes, and counting on rookies to produce, yet everyone is calling for the head of Vasquez, Rivers, and Monty? Well, maybe not everyone, but a lot of people. Guys we are still in rebuilding mode. We aren't supposed to succeed right now. It hurts to lose, but what can we do with this roster? Next to nothing. Things will get a little better when Gordon returns, but we are still hurting in a lot of other places, especially in the leadership department. Things will come together, but for now we just need to roll with the punches.

This loss is on me guys, I am sorry. I have been to 6 games this season, and we have lost all 6. Heck, we haven't even hit 100 points in a single game, so not only am I causing the team to lose, but I am also denying fans free McDonald French fries (though that may be a blessing). I am sorry, I am taking full credit for this loss....and the Bee Zanies.

I am going to go return some video tapes now.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 12-28-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets_fan_504 View Post
    Now we're talkin! Plenty of room on the tank, my friends.

"The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Now we're talkin! Plenty of room on the tank, my friends.

Hornets hit the jackpot with one tank and a massive youth movement. Now its time for experience and FAs. They have the cash.

Now just start getting a few Ws to signal some competency in the building to reel them in.

I'll say it again. The cards will fall where they may, same as they did last year. Plenty of people thought we needed to be at least top two worst records. We got it with the 4th.

You try to whore out losses and you'll wind up on the cutting room floor.

Where ever we are in the draft, assuming our pick isn't traded, we are going to come away in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'll say it again. The cards will fall where they may, same as they did last year. Plenty of people thought we needed to be at least top two worst records. We got it with the 4th.

You try to whore out losses and you'll wind up on the cutting room floor.

Where ever we are in the draft, assuming our pick isn't traded, we are going to come away in good shape.
    Exactly. Everyone keeps saying we tanked last year, and while it's fun to joke about, we tried our hardest to win every single game. We actually won more than we lost down the stretch, unlike teams like Cleveland and GSW.

Gameday Thread: Raptors @ Hornets

Yea shabazz looks great to me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356763699.550951.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	4555

50% from field. Almost the same from 3. Only 75 from ft though.

Austin Rivers was +13 when on the court tonight. Very surprised and proud of him

Aminu is beast from 3 in 2K13 when you release the ball at the highest point of his jump.

Y U NO LIEK THAT IN REAL LYFE>??

I just want you guys to know, I love you all. I was also at the INDY game late bringing it up, but for a tall guy they don't give you much space to spread your legs in between the seats.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

I think the loss of Ariza has a more profound affect on our defense, than people are willing to admit.

So, people resort to blaming Monty because he has to play Rivers, Thomas, and Vasquez extremely high minutes, and all of them are terrible on perimeter defense. Thomas is at least decent in some respects, but lacks the quickness to close out shooters.

Thread Information