Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: The rebrand and name change thread Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Millán View Post
    Angels

Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead! They are fast! Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't turn away and don't blink!
    FTW

I really hope we atleast have an alternate with Crescent City utilized because that is the one I will be buying. I can't get over how bad the name Spirit is...they will make a 100th re-make of Bring It On (the cheerleader movie) starring us. Just awful

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I really don't care for naming the team Crescent City.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I really don't care for this whole thing to be lingering around for as long as I expect it might...I can't help but think that we are looking at a lot more ebbing and flowing along the way....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

New Orleans Carnival

New Orleans Arcangels

New Orleans Creole

New Orleans Regents

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    New Orleans Carnival

New Orleans Arcangels

New Orleans Creole

New Orleans Regents
    Carnival is not bad...the rest are not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I really don't care for naming the team Crescent City.
    Would you rather New Orleans Spirit or Crescent City Arcangels?

Quote Originally Posted by geauxbama View Post
    Would you rather New Orleans Spirit or Crescent City Arcangels?
    New Orleans Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    Carnival is not bad...the rest are not good.
    Arcangels is epic.

If the team wanted to go with a Mardi Gras name, Carnival would seem to be better than Krewe. Three obvious icons in this town are jazz, mardi gras, and voodoo. Jazz and Voodoo are already taken, and Mardi Gras wouldn't be a good name. That makes Carnival is a good option, other than Arcangels of course.

After a few weeks Arcangels has finally grown on me. I vote for that one!
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

A thought that popped into my mind: What if Angels is the name, and the Spirit are the cheerleaders?

I have absolutely no proof of that, other than it certainly seems like the Spirit would be more fitting for a dance team than an NBA one.

One potential clue - the "Honeybees" aren't a trademarked or registered name in Louisiana. However, the Saintsations, the Saints' cheerleaders, is a registered name...

Quote Originally Posted by DRob8785 View Post
    A thought that popped into my mind: What if Angels is the name, and the Spirit are the cheerleaders?

I have absolutely no proof of that, other than it certainly seems like the Spirit would be more fitting for a dance team than an NBA one.

One potential clue - the "Honeybees" aren't a trademarked or registered name in Louisiana. However, the Saintsations, the Saints' cheerleaders, is a registered name...
    I also thought about this and think it may very well be the case. The names however could also be flip-flopped....The team the Spirit and the Dancers the Angels.....

This is totally my opinion and I have no info to back it up.

Though the deal isn't totally done b/n Benson, the NBA, and the State I'm sure Benson is trying to get ahead of the game so he can have a new name in place by next year and I think the league is working with him on that. The state agreement is a mere formality at this point.

I know Angels and Spirit aren't favorites it just makes too much sense for Benson to integrate his two teams that represent the city on the biggest level.
    Last edited by ATR22; 05-05-2012 at 01:38 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If our team name were Angels or Arc(h)Angels, then our dance team could be the Cherubs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PP3istheMVP View Post
    After a few weeks Arcangels has finally grown on me. I vote for that one!

Just keep the name the same and change logo and uniforms . And win some games and people will identify with team

Quote Originally Posted by bandogo View Post
    Just keep the name the same and change logo and uniforms . And win some games and people will identify with team
    Not trying to be rude but, I'm from Charlotte and it's very easy to tell you that the logo and Uniforms have already been changed with new colors and a new Fleur De Bee logo added. ( at least since the team arrived in New Orleans)

I think keeping the name Hornets in New Orleans had less than a 5% chance of happening.

The name Angels could be pretty sick with the right logo.

Remember Michael Jordans original shoe logo before the JUMPMAN? It was a basketball with wings and I thought it was awesome. I could see a basketball logo with Angel wings looking pretty awesome.

I just hope you guys get a name and logo that fits your culture better than the Hornets. I know how bad it sucks to have a name and logo that you hate/ don't care about attached to the team that represents your city......for example Charlotte Bobcats

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If our team name were Angels or Arc(h)Angels, then our dance team could be the Cherubs or something.
    Serafemmes.... too cerebral, but i don't care

NO TO THE SPIRITS...this would be demeaningClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Clippers_Spirit_LOGO.gif 
Views:	95 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	3705....CLIPPERS DANCE TEAM

Angels

Already taken by MLB team in Anaheim. Spirit is awful. If name is changed it will either be pelicans ,brass or Krewe.

Krewe is still my number 1

Quote Originally Posted by Schnickelfritz1 View Post
    Krewe is still my number 1
    Misspelled Dukes.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

The Artist    Contributor   
    I wish people would get off the whole "It's already a team name in another league" deal! So what? I am really digging the (Arc)Angels even more than before. Even more than the Krewe. I've even gone as far as composing opening theme music and different tie-in's to the name. I have dedicated about 15 pages to designs and logo variations since someone mentioned it was "too busy". I would have liked a variation on a pirate theme, but after visiting Barnes & Nobles last night for research, I decided against Jean Lafitte as a primary logo image. Primarly because he sold slaves and I don't think that part of history would bode to well amongst players and the league image wise.

Another reason that I am in favor of Angels, is because it is a symbolic, primary icon that invokes strength, spirit, determination, will, fear and fortitude. A symbol idolized by many religions of our city, including even voodoo. I sat in that store for hours thumbing through book after local book, trying to find the one non-obvious image that this city could relate to other than hurricanes, mardi gras and huge *** beers!

A book fell from my arms as I was walking back to my table in the Starbucks section. It opened to an image of an Angel nestled in a cemetery, silhouette against the sun. I took it as an inspirational hint. I asked a lady what she thought of the image, she said to her that the angel was being brought to light by the sun. That even though you can't see it for what it is, it is always there and we make it as we see fit.

How's that for inspiration?

Good one but no. Duke(s) and Basketball already has a place in the world and I'm not about these unoriginal (sounding) names

Thread Information