Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels vs Knicks Gameday thread 1/9/17

Pelicans Pels vs Knicks Gameday thread 1/9/17

Erman building a nice defense on paper, but IDk... Still looks lost to me. Better than the Monty Days... I don't understand how an offense minded coach can send out such a bad offense....

Oh and off topic real quick, Mania is coming back in 2018!

http://www.nola.com/entertainment/in...art_river_home

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Erman building a nice defense on paper, but IDk... Still looks lost to me. Better than the Monty Days... I don't understand how an offense minded coach can send out such a bad offense....
    Even a high possession count offense needs structure. Players have to recognize when they need a good shot at the rim.

Instead this team will shoot long 2s or kickout to Cunnigham for 3 at the worst moments. If not that, they'll just iso Davis, stand around and watch, then hope for the best.

Everyone is loosing and We are loosing also. I don't get IT. We need wins. We need someone on this team that is ambitious. Our organization need success... Playoffs is a first step, so we MUST fight for IT... For Me this is a must win for US.

Sorry for My post but My heart is bleeding when I'm watching our team...

Something no one would have thought when Gentry took over, a top 10 defense and dead last offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Something no one would have thought when Gentry took over, a top 10 defense and dead last offense.
    Erman's system starting to click finally!

I love MSG. We took in a tour and a game back in 2008, and the place is just so interesting. Definetly a place you need to visit at least once. I would love to go back some time.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 01-09-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I love MSG. We took in a tour and a game back in 2008, and the place is just so interesting. Definetly a place you need to visit at least once. I would love to go back some time.
    It is very interesting. Fascinating arena. Billy Joel played a bunch of sold out shows there last year. I wonder which stars show up to tonight's game?

Will be at the game tonight with my Pels gear on cheering hard. Visiting from Australia. Also seeing them @ Brooklyn. Go Pels!

I don't get too much into the advanced stats but is there a way to determine how many "open" shots per game we get, and how many of those we're making? In the games that I've watched we get plenty of good looks, and the games we've won... we made those shots. And the games we lost... we didn't. This is a shot-making league.

Alot of people slam Gentry's offense but the point of running plays is to get open shots. If your offense is getting open shots, and your team isn't making them... then there's more problems than coaching.

NBA teams won't just let you stroll through their paint and allow layups and dunks. We have shooters on this team that can and have knocked down shots in their career. They're just not too consistent at making them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfanfromaus View Post
    Will be at the game tonight with my Pels gear on cheering hard. Visiting from Australia. Also seeing them @ Brooklyn. Go Pels!
    Damn I'm jelly.
    Have a great time.
    I saw them when I visited Miami when they were the big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I don't get too much into the advanced stats but is there a way to determine how many "open" shots per game we get, and how many of those we're making? In the games that I've watched we get plenty of good looks, and the games we've won... we made those shots. And the games we lost... we didn't. This is a shot-making league.

Alot of people slam Gentry's offense but the point of running plays is to get open shots. If your offense is getting open shots, and your team isn't making them... then there's more problems than coaching.

NBA teams won't just let you stroll through their paint and allow layups and dunks. We have shooters on this team that can and have knocked down shots in their career. They're just not too consistent at making them.
    Yes there is. Awhile back I remember Kemar posting about how the Pels were generating open looks but shooting those shots at near league worst levels. This was a month or two back though.

I'm sure if you go digging at NBA.com you can find the information.

Tyreke still out there with a trainer shooting long 2's off the dribble.

He's the only pel still out on the floor

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

should be what you are looking for:

http://stats.nba.com/teams/shots-clo...eet%20-%20Open

You can change the filter up the top to open/wide-open. Looks like we lead FGA for open shooting attempts, tied tenth for wide-open FGA. Click the advanced filter, and you can then go just Pelicns, and switch between wins and losses.

Kuzminskas is out, which means more minutes for Lance Thomas. We got this.

derrick rose is not with the team (no reason why at the moment). jennings to start

Nice save by DC

Geez. Asik is a healthy DNP.

DMo has literally benched our starting center . . .

This team is just not good at basketball. Maybe a different sport would help us. AD at goalie would be interesting

More open shots being missed. That's on the players.

At least Buddy hit his.

I'm really confused why Asik would get the DNP instead of Diallo or Ajinca.

Thread Information