Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is it too early to talk about the 2013 NBA Draft?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    I think people are realizing this team is gonna lose a lot of games.
    It's probably going to happen regardless of our wishes I know. But actively wanting us to lose pisses me off.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's probably going to happen regardless of our wishes I know. But actively wanting us to lose pisses me off.
    I think it's more about accepting the losses instead of rooting for them. I'd love for the Hornets to turn it around and fight for a playoff spot. No matter what I say on here I always find myself rooting for a Hornets win once the game is on. Even last year when the tank was evident.

I was fully prepared to cheer HEARTILY for a playoff spot this season. Honest to God. But when EG10's injury because obvious it was going to keep him out for at least 2 months AND we went on that long losing streak I immediately sized up the situation and deduced that we're better off with a top pick than we are finishing in Hilton Armstrong / Cedric Simmons territory with the 12th worst record in the league.

In other news - it looks like John Wall is out for even longer (maybe even the entire season) in Washington. That pretty much guarantees they will have the pole position on the most ping pong balls for the remainder of the season.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

I'm all for drafting Nerlens Noel to play next to Davis. They would be absolutely incredible together and are both so unselfish team players who happened to be great friends. Watching them grow and develop together would be so much fun. These two together in 3-4 years would be a young Duncan and Robinson tandem but younger with more potential. Novel is super gifted who could eventually turn into a dominant scorer and maybe even best center in the NBA. We all know what Davis will be. I love Shabazz who is more suited as a SG, but would take Nerlens anyway. If we get Bledsoe and we won't have a need for PGs

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I'm all for drafting Nerlens Noel to play next to Davis. They would be absolutely incredible together and are both so unselfish team players who happened to be great friends. Watching them grow and develop together would be so much fun. These two together in 3-4 years would be a young Duncan and Robinson tandem but younger with more potential. Novel is super gifted who could eventually turn into a dominant scorer and maybe even best center in the NBA. We all know what Davis will be. I love Shabazz who is more suited as a SG, but would take Nerlens anyway. If we get Bledsoe and we won't have a need for PGs
    We need shot creators yesterday. You take Shabazz over Noel IMO.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    We need shot creators yesterday. You take Shabazz over Noel IMO.
    I know but I'm basing this pick off of us losing Lopez, Vasquez, and 2014 1st to Clips for Bledsoe. We would then have Bledsoe/Gordon/Rivers who would be plentiful shot creators at the guard position. We would need a SF so I would rather get 1 through free agency or maybe a Gordon trade later. Davis/Noel and a bench of Ryno/Smith would no doubt be the best in the NBA. Lob City is now in Nola and not LA.

Shabazz or Otto porter sign al Jefferson

Rivers
    Gordon
    Shabaz
    Ad
    Jefferson

Shabazz or Otto porter sign al Jefferson

Rivers
    Gordon
    Shabaz
    Ad
    Jefferson

Is it too early to talk about the 2013 NBA Draft?

This draft is great. The Hornets have options at every position. You have Centers like Zeller, Noel, and Len. Then there's point guards like Burke, McCollum, Smart and Michael Carter Williams. Shooting Guards like Goodwin, McLemore, and Muhammad. Small forwards in Porter, McDermott, and McAdoo. Power Forwards in Bennett, Poythress, and Mitchell.

Needless to say, there's going to be a quality player regardless of where the Hornets pick in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    This draft is great. The Hornets have options at every position. You have Centers like Zeller, Noel, and Len. Then there's point guards like Burke, McCollum, Smart and Michael Carter Williams. Shooting Guards like Goodwin, McLemore, and Muhammad. Small forwards in Porter, McDermott, and McAdoo. Power Forwards in Bennett, Poythress, and Mitchell.

Needless to say, there's going to be a quality player regardless of where the Hornets pick in the lottery.
    Exactly!
    So lets ease up on these trade scenario's and see how the team plays the season out.
    In the time Monty has been head coach I can't recall one game where he has had a full team.

Once Gordon and Smith come back to the team, things will become a bit more transparent.

Demps is great at what he does I see him making a great trade or 2 drafting a good player And signing a big free agent and I cannot wait to see what our roster looks like next year

Does anyone think we could somehow get OKC's pick from Toronto. I think the entire NBA should be afraid of them landing a top pick.

Shabazz !!!!
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I take it Shabazz had a good game, huh?

I take it Shabazz had a good game, huh?
    Oh lol IDK but he is the main player I want from the draft

Shabazz is averaging 18.8 points on 49.6% from the field, 48% from three, and 5 rebounds

Is it too early to talk about the 2013 NBA Draft?

Will he be a better sg or sf in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Will he be a better sg or sf in the NBA?
    Im not sure, but I think he'd be SF for us, just imagine a team of

Rivers-Gordon-Shabazz-Davis-Lopez
    Anderson, Vasquez on the bench

Shabazz is 6'6" and 222 pounds which isn't bad

Lets not forget about all our cap space
    Rivers
    Gordon
    Shabazz
    Davis
    Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Im not sure, but I think he'd be SF for us, just imagine a team of

Rivers-Gordon-Shabazz-Davis-Lopez
    Anderson, Vasquez on the bench

Shabazz is 6'6" and 222 pounds which isn't bad

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Lets not forget about all our cap space
    Rivers
    Gordon
    Shabazz
    Davis
    Jefferson
    You are persistent, I'll give you that :P

But, I would personally love this lineup. We'd have a strong post option in Jefferson as well as shooters to stretch the D.

Shabazz and Len are the two prospects I'd be ecstatic about grabbing. Of course, Shabazz fulfills a position of greater need so I would rather snag him, but either would be great.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Haha thank u, Jefferson is the perfect player next to davis and my fave prospects for us are len then noel at center and shabazz or Otto porter at the 3 , championship good news is we will definitely get to draft one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    You are persistent, I'll give you that :P

But, I would personally love this lineup. We'd have a strong post option in Jefferson as well as shooters to stretch the D.

Shabazz and Len are the two prospects I'd be ecstatic about grabbing. Of course, Shabazz fulfills a position of greater need so I would rather snag him, but either would be great.

Id only want len If we ditch lopez whom ive grown fond of. We have too many young ppl on our team as it is, so trading lopez for even more youth wouldnt be my first move. Best case scenario is shabazz falls to us. He is the only player i am truly dying to get. As for pg I think it will be easier to adress in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Id only want len If we ditch lopez whom ive grown fond of. We have too many young ppl on our team as it is, so trading lopez for even more youth wouldnt be my first move. Best case scenario is shabazz falls to us. He is the only player i am truly dying to get. As for pg I think it will be easier to adress in FA.
    I only want a cheap backup pg because rivers has showed tons of potential and vision and will need to be baptized by fire to get to that level in 3 to 4 years

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that someone is going to be pretty happy when CJ McCollum falls into their lap....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    I was fully prepared to cheer HEARTILY for a playoff spot this season. Honest to God. But when EG10's injury because obvious it was going to keep him out for at least 2 months AND we went on that long losing streak I immediately sized up the situation and deduced that we're better off with a top pick than we are finishing in Hilton Armstrong / Cedric Simmons territory with the 12th worst record in the league.

In other news - it looks like John Wall is out for even longer (maybe even the entire season) in Washington. That pretty much guarantees they will have the pole position on the most ping pong balls for the remainder of the season.
    I'd be crazy if they land the 1st pick and we land the 2nd. And they draft Zeller (or Noel) and he busts like scouts say because of his t-rex arms. Then we draft Shabazz and he turns out to be Durant and Zeller (or Noel because of upside like Oden) turns out like Oden. On another note it was a few nights ago that I had a dream we trade Austin Rivers for Bradley Beal. Crazy dream huh.
    Ballin

Thread Information