Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game 4

Pelicans Game 4

Not sure if it's even worth watching. The pelicans threw absolutely everything they had at GS today and it was a lot. Something like up 20 and they still find a way to lose. There won't be any flame left in their lantern after this one. What can they do to fight back?

This one hurt. Still can't believe our strategy at the end.

Is the game sold out already or no...because I hope the fans still support the team. But I won't be able to watch because I have to work. That game is gonna show us what kind of team we have. I just want to see a good effort all the way through and not a defeated team. They have competed thus far and kept the games close just unable to close. So I would watch if I didn't have to work, but I think the team is gonna have to find a way to regroup.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Theres no way I watch that game. I wish them well, though.

After seeing this abomination live, I simply will not be recovered by Saturday. Way too soon.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm saying it.

If you willingly don't watch, you're a bunch of *******.

Angry at Tavares or not. Gut it out. It's hard, it hurts, but they need us and vice versa. Are you fans or are you just people with an occasional interest?

Ahhhh. That felt good.

Yes they left everything on the court tonight and wil lose again in OT on Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Yes they left everything on the court tonight and wil lose again in OT on Sat.
    They left something on the court alright. They'll need a Bobcat to scoop it all out.

Ya'll have fun with game 4.

I hope the fans come to support them. I don't want to lose another NBA franchise. We already are being laughed at for the camera angle showing fans leave with 5 secs left down 2 in OT. Hope they get a win just so I don't have this taste for all summer.

Ugly is ugly and that's what we saw tonight in one the biggest meltdowns I've ever witness in pro sports especially when you consider what was at stake. It's like the entire team put on lead boots in the 4th quarter. We need a closer. AD is just not a go to closer guy just yet. We direly need one on our team.

I'll be watching as usual

Why stop at game 4?

Guys, we're winning this thing... no animal's more dangerous than a cornered Pelican

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm saying it.

If you willingly don't watch, you're a bunch of *******.

Angry at Tavares or not. Gut it out. It's hard, it hurts, but they need us and vice versa. Are you fans or are you just people with an occasional interest?

Ahhhh. That felt good.
    Will never stop watching. Will never stop complaining and venting either. This idiot need to go asap.

I'll watch and I'll support my team just like I did for the previous 85 games this season and the previous 10 or so seasons
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

I'll be watching game 4 to see what this team is made of. How they bounce back. These are the character building situations.

I'll watch, but I'm pretty sure this loss took everything out of them. I don't expect a win. I'm just going to enjoy the game without the win/loss pressure.

I feel like we have gotten some valuable postseason experience even in the face of this heartbreak loss. Say we win next game take away this last heartbreaker and we could've pushed the warriors to 6 games, im proud of the guys. Not sure about monty though, we should've fouled on the last play. I will watch every game we have left full of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    Not sure if it's even worth watching. The pelicans threw absolutely everything they had at GS today and it was a lot. Something like up 20 and they still find a way to lose. There won't be any flame left in their lantern after this one. What can they do to fight back?
    I was stunned at how loud and great our crowd seemed. I love that we have that "boooo" thing going back to the Celtics and Spurs games of like 2007 and 2008. Man - such a bummer this happened in some ways - I am hard on our fans but they were epic for most of the game.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

I almost cried watching that 4th qtr. I know the game of basketball and what I watched was not basketball. I watched kids. Kids who have been coddled, hugged, kissed on the knee, showered with praise and affection even when they messed up. And in that 4th qtr, i saw those kids turn into Brats. Lie down in the middle of floor and cry brats. Selfish play, crying to refs, refusal to do their chores (boxing out). Tonight was not a learning experience. Tonight was some lost kids crying out for some direction and real love. This team needs a leader. But i cant watch game 4. No way in hell. Im not any less of fan, but i am protesting even if in the end it doesnt matter. This team and city deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I almost cried watching that 4th qtr. I know the game of basketball and what I watched was not basketball. I watched kids. Kids who have been coddled, hugged, kissed on the knee, showered with praise and affection even when they messed up. And in that 4th qtr, i saw those kids turn into Brats. Lie down in the middle of floor and cry brats. Selfish play, crying to refs, refusal to do their chores (boxing out). Tonight was not a learning experience. Tonight was some lost kids crying out for some direction and real love. This team needs a leader. But i cant watch game 4. No way in hell. Im not any less of fan, but i am protesting even if in the end it doesnt matter. This team and city deserve better.
    Can't agree more. Man, I'm on vacation with my wife and 6 month old on Maui. She thinks it's ridiculous that I'm watching basketball. I tried to explain that you can still watch basketball, especially the playoffs, while on vacation! But after tonight, there's no way I'm watching game 4 either. You're right, we're not any less of fans. Just fans fans who need to collect their thoughts. Btw, has any team climbed themselves out of an 0-3 hole? I honestly don't know. I know Denver pulled the 8 vs 1 upset over Seattle back in the 90's , but were they down 0-3?

For anybody who is also an LSU bball fan, we were like "no way this happens again". Even though ALL of the signs were there and you could sense it, I still knew that ultimately we'd pull this out one. We just HAD to. The LSU SEC tourney collapse followed by the LSU NCAA tourney collapse followed by this was just too much. All you can do is laugh at the dumbassery displayed by our coaches.

Great talent wasted by an incompetent coach and a poorly disciplined team who tend to choke when the lights get the brightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    Can't agree more. Man, I'm on vacation with my wife and 6 month old on Maui. She thinks it's ridiculous that I'm watching basketball. I tried to explain that you can still watch basketball, especially the playoffs, while on vacation! But after tonight, there's no way I'm watching game 4 either. You're right, we're not any less of fans. Just fans fans who need to collect their thoughts. Btw, has any team climbed themselves out of an 0-3 hole? I honestly don't know. I know Denver pulled the 8 vs 1 upset over Seattle back in the 90's , but were they down 0-3?
    O-110 , iirc.

So yeah. No.

http://www.nba.com/news/extendingseriestogame6.html

Short answer, no.

Steve Kerr:

"I'm gonna have to go back and watch the tape. I'm not sure what happened. I'm as startled as everybody else"

Good night.

Btw, has any team climbed themselves out of an 0-3 hole? I honestly don't know. I know Denver pulled the 8 vs 1 upset over Seattle back in the 90's , but were they down 0-3?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bosnyy.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	5960

Thread Information