Pelicans Report

Thread: Creating an App for this Hornetsreport.com! Let's Get it Done!!

Creating an App for this Hornetsreport.com! Let's Get it Done!!

I dont know if anyone if familiar with the WHODATApp, but it is incredible! It cost $1.99 and gives you info on everything. Lets you view schedule for the year. You can view every individual writer and all of their tweets up to date. Lets you view the saints report and see recent threads. Also has a News section to view what people are saying around the League like Bleacher Report, ESPN, and others. I think this would be a big hit for this site and bring in some $ for the App. I know I would buy it and i'm sure many others would to. Just Wondering Mac is this possible? Check it out it would be awesome!

We have been working on an app VERY similar to WhoDat. The forum would be HR, the stories would be from H247, twitter feeds of all the writers, sites, etc.

It will indeed be awesome
    @mcnamara247

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Honestly, apps are overrated, a nice mobile friendly site s way more valuable and doesn't require apple or google to accept the app. As a software developer I would strongly suggest investing in a mobile friendly website and then if demand is still there an app.

That is the path forward, yes. The current mobile version needs a little work, but it's nearly there ( I think ).

Apps cost a ton, so we'll be trying to develop it in-house as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We have been working on an app VERY similar to WhoDat. The forum would be HR, the stories would be from H247, twitter feeds of all the writers, sites, etc.

It will indeed be awesome
    Nice that would be incredible and could generate nice proceeds to keep the best site on the web running! You should contact the same app maker haha.

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    Honestly, apps are overrated, a nice mobile friendly site s way more valuable and doesn't require apple or google to accept the app. As a software developer I would strongly suggest investing in a mobile friendly website and then if demand is still there an app.
    Obviously you haven't seen the WHODATApp. This will always be my primary source for info and everything else, but the app is very convenient. Would keep you much more updated with the writers and their tweets especially plus good info.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    That is the path forward, yes. The current mobile version needs a little work, but it's nearly there ( I think ).

Apps cost a ton, so we'll be trying to develop it in-house as much as possible.
    Nice I would donate as i'm sure some other would to, but i also think price for the app would cover a lot. I think maybe getting the same people who did theirs would be very easy and awesome. I know apps are costly not exactly sure the amount of $ for this exact, but i'm sure they could easily do it with the same concept.

I need this APP in my life!!!

Thread Information