Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jrue update

honestly i think we are shutting down ryno and jrue while letting AD and Rivers develop and take their licks while we hope for a top 10 worse finish and hope we luck out and keep our draft pick and can land embiid, parker, wiggins or hood :-)

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    What if Jrue doesn't want the full extent of his injury broadcasted? Despite being a professional athlete who must report for physicals, the team (or the team's doctor) is in no obligatory position to disclose medical information about an individual without his permission... That thang called HIPAA
    Timetable for return isn't a HIPAA violation...

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Timetable for return isn't a HIPAA violation...
    Weren't you calling for more information on a whole? If they don't know a timetable, what's to tell?

Weren't you calling for more information on a whole? If they don't know a timetable, what's to tell?
    The constant... "no update" is annoying. And it's not isolated to Jrue. It's AD, Tyreke, Jrue, and Jason. Every injury is clouded in mystery.

The injury most clear to me is Anderson's and that's saying something...

I love how every time there is clearly something that this franchise is lacking in or there are problems of any sort. There are some ppl who always make up excuses for maybe why it's happening. It's never accountability. Always excuses. We are an excuse plagued franchise and that's the truth. Oh wait. It's facts not excuses that's right. Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I love how every time there is clearly something that this franchise is lacking in or there are problems of any sort. There are some ppl who always make up excuses for maybe why it's happening. It's never accountability. Always excuses. We are an excuse plagued franchise and that's the truth. Oh wait. It's facts not excuses that's right. Silly me.
    Two sides to every coin

Hey guys, just stumbled across this press release on Jrue and his return:

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE OROFICE OF DALE DEMPS:

DEAR INNER GI, KCLABOY, BYRDGANG, AND ALL OTHER ENRAGED PELICANS FANS,

MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES FOR NOT EXPLICITLY COMMUNICATING THE TIMETABLE FOR JRUE HOLIDAY'S RETURN FROM INJURY. LET ME GO ON THE RECORD TO SAY THAT THE OFFICIAL TIMETABLE FOR JRUE'S RETURN IS SET TO BE BETWEEN TOMORROW AND BEFORE HE RETIRES. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HIM RETURNING TO PRACTICE A COUPLE WEEKS BEFORE HIS RETURN AND CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE HIM ON THE COURT WITH AD (IF HE'S STILL ON THE TEAM AT THAT POINT OF COURSE). #TAKEFLIGHT

~DEMPSY
    Interesting!

Interesting!
    #takeflight haaha

This is every team though. Show me one franchise in ANY sport where they fully disclose information to the fans
    The Patriots. Boom, debate over.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The Patriots. Boom, debate over.
    Hahaha!

Yeah. He just ended it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    Hahaha!

Yeah. He just ended it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    I think he was being sarcastic.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar

Interesting!

Interesting!
    Not enraged. But I guess when you question the process people call you out. It's a trend with this team, and I was just asking why and trying to have an actual conversation on why we seem to be suffering from more injuries than other teams, and why the injuries seem to be misdiagnosed on a regular basis...

Cool story...

Jrue missed 14 games his entire career. Comes to New Orleans and misses 48 in one season...
    This made me cry

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    This made me cry
    I should point out. 48 games missed is an assumption he doesn't play again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    The fans have little to no ability to hold a franchise besides banding together and not supporting the product. Not only that, the fans have little to no information on the inner workings on what's happening. Fans see a little of the symptoms and think they can cure the disease when the front offices have been watching this since day one and, IMO probably have a lot better handle on things than the players. The issue is fans think they know everything. You may say it's making excuses and someone on the opposite side of the coin may say you're making too many assumptions.

Funny thing happened to me recently. There's this person i worked with and that person was always coming in at 9:30-10 AM and leaving at 4, and sometimes she stayed late to get their 8 hours in; but not often. This person was a mess with their work, but had been there for awhile. Much longer than me. One day I was talking to a coworker and told him that I'd been giving a few of her tasks and had my own fair share, probably the most of the group already. I asked, why does she seem to get a free pass when it comes to this stuff? Shouldnt she be held accountable. He hesitated because it wasn't something everyone knows and told me, that coworker i was complaining about recently lost her son in a car crash. She was struggling dealing with the issue and wasn't in a good place. She went to a counciler every other day to work through the issues. I felt like an ***. I'm not one to make assumption or really judge people's work because i'm pretty self motivated. I even waited about 8-10 months before i said a word about it.

The point of that story is, even in a tight nit group I disn't know all the variables. And the Pelicans clearly don't have a tragic story like that that can be seen as an excuse (or a real circumstance) but there may be a lot of inner workings that we don't know about on many different levels to hold someone accountable. For instance, after giving Gordon that contract and a failed comeback attempt, the FO may have said do not even try and come back until you're a 100% for his own health, for the trade value, and for the team to develop people. This could be the same thing, we know we're not making the playoffs, let's see if Austin Rivers can grow into the player we envision him to be. The extra Pt is probably something Rivers would have never gotten without the injuries. It's not excuses imo it's just thinking there could be varibales in the equation that we can't see.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 02-25-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Not enraged. But I guess when you question the process people call you out. It's a trend with this team, and I was just asking why and trying to have an actual conversation on why we seem to be suffering from more injuries than other teams, and why the injuries seem to be misdiagnosed on a regular basis...

Cool story...
    You are asking why to people who have no idea... I mean I could say hey, it seems like they are working to communicate better. But what would that accomplish? Sounds you have more of a problem with Ochsner's medical staff than demps sharing info

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The fans have little to no ability to hold a franchise besides banding together and not supporting the product. Not only that, the fans have little to no information on the inner workings on what's happening. Fans see a little of the symptoms and think they can cure the disease when the front offices have been watching this since day one and, IMO probably have a lot better handle on things than the players. The issue is fans think they know everything. You may say it's making excuses and someone on the opposite side of the coin may say you're making too many assumptions.

Funny thing happened to me recently. There's this person i worked with and that person was always coming in at 9:30-10 AM and leaving at 4 and sometimes stayed late to get their 8 hours in; but not often. This person was a mess with their work, but had been there for awhile. Much longer than me. One day I was talking to a coworker and told him that I'd been giving a few of her tasks and had my own fair share, probably the most of the group already. I asked, why does she seem to get a free pass when it comes to this stuff? Shouldnt she be held accountable. He hesitated because it wasn't something everyone knows and told me, that coworker i was complaining about recently lost her son in a car crash. She was struggling dealing with the issue and wasn't in a good place. She went to a counciler every other day to work through the issues. I felt like an ***. I'm not one to make assumption or really judge people's work because i'm pretty self motivated. I even waited about 8-10 months before i said a word about it.

The point of that story is, even in a tight nit group I disn't know all the variables. And the Pelicans clearly don't have a tragic story like that that can be seens as an excuse (or a real circumstance) but there may be a lot of inner workrings that we don't know about on many different levels to hold someone accountable. For instance, after giving Gordon that contract and a failed comeback attempt, the FO may have said do not even try and come back until you're a 100% for his own health, for the trade value, and for the team to develop people. This could be the same thing, we know we're not making the playoffs, let's see if Austin Rivers can grow into the player we envision him to be. The extra Pt is probably something Rivers would have never gotten without the injuries. It's not excuses imo it's just thinking there could be varibales in the equation that we can't see.
    I think this is an excuse for making excuses

(JK... Very good post)

You are asking why to people who have no idea... I mean I could say hey, it seems like they are working to communicate better. But what would that accomplish? Sounds you have more of a problem with Ochsner's medical staff than demps sharing info
    It's called conversation. We discuss, rotations, offensive/defensive schemes, trade rumors, Hornet's Guru trade rumors, shooting form, contracts, the CBA, tv deals, arena naming rights, and who on this bored is qualified to answer any of those discussions? Maybe a handful of people.

I don't see how this is any different. I asked "why" and provided my own theory. I wasn't expecting anyone here to know the answer. If people here had all the answers, Lebron would be in NOLA, the arena would be Qatar airlines arena, Gordon would be a Piston, Monroe would be a Pelican, Roberts would be cut, Rivers would be a starter, and Aminu would fix his hair. Let's not forget the big one #FireMonty.

I should point out. 48 games missed is an assumption he doesn't play again this year.
    He's still will miss more games in this one season than he has his career. I thought when we got great we finally have a durable player! But again I've been disappointed between that and wet tissue made Tyreke. This is why I don't want Wilson chandler he is always injured also.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    He's still will miss more games in this one season than he has his career. I thought when we got great we finally have a durable player! But again I've been disappointed between that and wet tissue made Tyreke. This is why I don't want Wilson chandler he is always injured also.
    Evans is on pace to play in the same amount of games he always has since his rookie year. He usually misses around 20 games a season due to his style of play and we all knew that coming in.

Maybe we should bring in oft injured players to break the curse?!?! Worth a try right? lol

What is also worse is the when we got tyreke it was cool, when Gordon goes down as usual we'll have Reke but nahhhh it's jrue who does. Then when I heard the news of Jrue I was ok all is not lost Tyreke is also a pg but nahhhh we get Brian Roberts playing 36 minutes a game running our offense into the ground while Tyreke is backing up players who shouldn't even be in the league like Roberts and Aminu and playing on 24 mins a game. Given he hasn't played great but I'm rather give a run at the guy we give 11mil to try this thing out and who is part of the future than one who is out the door this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Evans is on pace to play in the same amount of games he always has since his rookie year. He usually misses around 20 games a season due to his style of play and we all knew that coming in.
    He's been playing injured all year he doesn't even look like himself

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    He's been playing injured all year he doesn't even look like himself
    You think he's still playing injured in February?

Thread Information