Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jrue update

Jrue update

I'm sure this season took a year off my life

I hate this team. I really do. I feel like this organization has no idea on how to communicate to their fans.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I hate this team. I really do. I feel like this organization has no idea on how to communicate to their fans.
    Always been the case. Not only that they're always behind the story, the narrative always seem to develop before they seem to have a handle on the situation. I have no idea what it takes to run an NBA organization but if there is anything left from the George Shinn/NBA regime its time to clean house. From Trainers, Docs, PR people etc. This organization needs a thorough clense.

Tacoes.
    Alvin Gentry is my savior

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Honestly feel like there is something not being said.

I agree. But I think there's a huge communication breakdown between Dell and Monty!

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Honestly feel like there is something not being said.
    Like with Eric Gordon? This stinks of the same thing... IN 2 months they'll reveal Jrue was misdiagnosed by our medical staff, and will miss some of 2015.

I have zero confidence in this organization do communicate or diagnose anything correctly

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    This is every team though. Show me one franchise in ANY sport where they fully disclose information to the fans

Like with Eric Gordon? This stinks of the same thing... IN 2 months they'll reveal Jrue was misdiagnosed by our medical staff, and will miss some of 2015.

I have zero confidence in this organization do communicate or diagnose anything correctly
    That's why we should know by now that when a player is out, don't look for information, just see em when we see em. LOL. Just sit back and wait until we get the "real" information.

If you feel like it, see if they'll say anything at the end of the week or the weekend. Dell said they're supposed to be "reevaluated" at the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    That's why we should know by now that when a player is out, don't look for information, just see em when we see em. LOL. Just sit back and wait until we get the "real" information.

If you feel like it, see if they'll say anything at the end of the week or the weekend. Dell said they're supposed to be "reevaluated" at the end of the week.
    Gordon was diagnosed with a knee bruise and missed 73 games. I have no faith, and most likely the info we get Friday is, "No closer to return."

Gordon was diagnosed with a knee bruise and missed 73 games. I have no faith, and most likely the info we get Friday is, "No closer to return."
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I've already resigned myself to probably not seeing Jrue in a Pelicans uniform anymore this season.

I don't understand this strategy. We are not a playoff team trying to hide an injury. Even if we were, look at how the Lakers handled Kobe and Nash's injuries, look at how Brooklyn handled Lopez's, how the Bulls handled Rose, OKC handled Westbrook.

This is not something "every organization handles it this way", no they don't. We are one of the few if not the only one that is so bad at communicating player injuries and time frames. This is the second time in a week Monty has been asked this same question, you'd think after the first time he'd have gotten some info so he could respond to it, but no. He just wants to derp his way through questions.

Personally I don't think the injury is worse. I think the word came down to hold him out.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I've already resigned myself to probably not seeing Jrue in a Pelicans uniform anymore this season.
    Jrue missed 14 games his entire career. Comes to New Orleans and misses 48 in one season...

I can tell you, though, that he had additional diagnostic imaging done shortly after they announced that he would be returning soon -- it's likely that his prognosis changed based on this. So while it's undoubtedly frustrating, the updates we've been given were not complete nonsense.

Jrue missed 14 games his entire career. Comes to New Orleans and misses 48 in one season...
    Unbelievable. That's what my brother and I were talking about last night. He said Jrue hardly ever had injuries in Philly and now comes to NOLA and is missing almost the whole season. I told him I just didn't remember so many players with so many injuries back in the day. And this team seems to get bitten by the injury bug every single year. It's so aggravating. I don't know if the guys are just not conditioned enough or what.

Unbelievable. That's what my brother and I were talking about last night. He said Jrue hardly ever had injuries in Philly and now comes to NOLA and is missing almost the whole season. I told him I just didn't remember so many players with so many injuries back in the day. And this team seems to get bitten by the injury bug every single year. It's so aggravating. I don't know if the guys are just not conditioned enough or what.
    Honestly, I'd start to look at our conditioning coaches, trainers, doctors, and even coaches to a lesser extent(schedule, practice intensity, length of practice, etc). Something has be wrong here.

I'm okay with the injuries you can't prevent like a concussion, Anderson's, broken hand, twisted ankle, but when there are other injuries that seem to take longer to heal here than anywhere else, like Gordon, Jrue, and Jason. I just think there needs to be some house cleaning.

Banned
    Well, Monty took one page from Payton's playbook. "Jrue has an out".

Maybe he should talk to him about learning how to coach offense, too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Didnt they say he was out indefinitely?....So why are some of you acting surprised? Lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Honestly, I'd start to look at our conditioning coaches, trainers, doctors, and even coaches to a lesser extent(schedule, practice intensity, length of practice, etc). Something has be wrong here.

I'm okay with the injuries you can't prevent like a concussion, Anderson's, broken hand, twisted ankle, but when there are other injuries that seem to take longer to heal here than anywhere else, like Gordon, Jrue, and Jason. I just think there needs to be some house cleaning.
    Yep. I've wondered about that too. I don't know about the doctors but how long have our conditioning coaches and trainers been here? I don't think very long. I know Ishop and Daniels haven't been with us long but maybe they've been here long enough. Something just isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Didnt they say he was out indefinitely?....So why are some of you acting surprised? Lol
    Probably because hopes started to get high when it was announced that he could be back in about a week and then it went back to indefinitely.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    It's aggravating but you know full well that correlation does not equal causation.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    It's aggravating but you know full well that correlation does not equal causation.
    Obviously not, although you could use that argument in any case where there are no changing variables. So what can you do? Manipulate some variables and see.

It's undeniable that our franchise has at least an above average frequency of injuries in the past few years. And while it's impossible to say exactly why, all you can do is try to change out some of the pieces and see if you get any positive results since our current approach clearly isn't working.

Like with Eric Gordon?

The organization has no obligation to communicate anything to the fans. It'd be great if they did, but I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    The organization has no obligation to communicate anything to the fans. It'd be great if they did, but I won't hold my breath.
    They have an obligations to treat its players with the best medical care possible. Every year we have some injury that just sounds like someone is trying to hind something.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    What if Jrue doesn't want the full extent of his injury broadcasted? Despite being a professional athlete who must report for physicals, the team (or the team's doctor) is in no obligatory position to disclose medical information about an individual without his permission... That thang called HIPAA

Thread Information