Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It won't be long now... HOOP TALK

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

It won't be long now... HOOP TALK

It won't be long now! Soon we engage in some season long basketball talk.My observations and comments as I see the Hornets perform this year.
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

I like what I've seen so far.....lol.

But the interesting thing will be to see if Austin Rivers turns out to be a scrub or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    I like what I've seen so far.....lol.

But the interesting thing will be to see if Austin Rivers turns out to be a scrub or not.
    We won't be able to tell that for 3 years.

Austin Rivers=Reggie Bush?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I don't think I've ever been this excited about the season starting. 2Weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    We won't be able to tell that for 3 years.
    How long did it take to tell that CP3 was going to be a star?

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar
    The season needs to come fast. This part of the off season is what I like to call "dry season" no news worth looking at at all. Cant wait for AD23!!!!

random question, but who else thinks people are overreacting to the saints 0-2 record? The defense looks horrific but our offenses put up 27 points. Get spags new system down and we've got ourselves another playoffs season

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    The Good Music album will help speed up the time, followed by Kendrick Lamar and PA4. So back to Kid Cudi-Creepers I go while time fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    The Good Music album will help speed up the time, followed by Kendrick Lamar and PA4. So back to Kid Cudi-Creepers I go while time fly by.
    Childish Gambino- Roylaity

XV- Popular Culture

Ab-Soul- Control System

Those albums has been 2012 to me so much.

This album looks classic! The cover is very symbolic and deep. Also Food and Liquor 2 drops next week! OMG I cant wait!!!!!

and whats PA4?

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    How long did it take to tell that CP3 was going to be a star?
    Rivers is coming out as a freshman. Also, he is switching positions from SG to PG. He was drafted as a "project," whereas CP was already NBA-ready. You know that. Come man... Use that noggin.

Rivers is coming out as a freshman. Also, he is switching positions from SG to PG. He was drafted as a "project," whereas CP was already NBA-ready. You know that. Come man... Use that noggin.
    Lol some people are already labeling Rivers a bust before he even gets the opportunity to prove his doubters wrong. It doesn't make any sense, especially considering that many of these people include Hornets "fans".

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Lol some people are already labeling Rivers a bust before he even gets the opportunity to prove his doubters wrong. It doesn't make any sense, especially considering that many of these people include Hornets "fans".
    Rivers is a polarizing figure. Some people view his confidence as a bad thing, and it turns them off completely. I guess I can understand where they are coming from, but I couldn't disagree more.

I just wish people would give him a chance. I know that he probably won't set the world on fire this year, and I'm cool with it. He needs time to transition to a new position. It is what it is. I just know that most people won't give him that chance (people were already bashing him after Summer League).

What it boils down to is this: do you trust Monty and Dell? If you do, then shut up about the pick. If you don't, then I'd really like to know why because they have done a fantastic job since they got here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post

XV- Popular Culture

Ab-Soul- Control System

This album looks classic! The cover is very symbolic and deep. Also Food and Liquor 2 drops next week! OMG I cant wait!!!!!

and whats PA4?
    Never had the time to liste to Gambino, only Bonfire and that was sick. Also I been tied up with alot of Mos Def, gosh the guys so talented. And PA4 sands for Paranormal Activity 4

Hornets record next season? I say 39-43

How do I start a new thread, I'm new here and I haven't really gotten to introduce myself

XV- Popular Culture

Ab-Soul- Control System

and whats PA4?
    Silverfoxx you have some great taste in music man!!
    WE THE BEST

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet96 View Post
    How do I start a new thread, I'm new here and I haven't really gotten to introduce myself
    On the Hornets Nest main page, where you can see all of the threads, towards the top left of the screen above the bolded words "Forum: Hornets Nest" there is a blue "button" that you click that says "+ Post New Thread." Click it, make a title for your thread, then underneath in the big box, write what you want to right.

P.S. Welcome to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    I know right
    Ballin

XV- Popular Culture

Ab-Soul- Control System

and whats PA4?
    I listened to Ab Soul and have all of Gambino's Stuff, but because everytime a thread turns to music, you mention XV, I finally went and got his stuff (I only knew him from "Awesome") Was not disappointed, just wanted to say thanks
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

On the Hornets Nest main page, where you can see all of the threads, towards the top left of the screen above the bolded words "Forum: Hornets Nest" there is a blue "button" that you click that says "+ Post New Thread." Click it, make a title for your thread, then underneath in the big box, write what you want to right.

P.S. Welcome to the board.
    Thanks so much. Its great to be here with people as obsessed with the hornets as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetWHODAT3 View Post
    Silverfoxx you have some great taste in music man!!
    Thanks homie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I listened to Ab Soul and have all of Gambino's Stuff, but because everytime a thread turns to music, you mention XV, I finally went and got his stuff (I only knew him from "Awesome") Was not disappointed, just wanted to say thanks
    No problem. Check out his best two mixtapes Zero Heroes and Popular Culture!!!

With Gordon, Anderson, and Davis on the roster, the Rivers pick makes alot more sense now since he was the only guy on the board who could potentially start long-term. No other SFs available and Rivers was the best PG prospect at that point.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    With Gordon, Anderson, and Davis on the roster, the Rivers pick makes alot more sense now since he was the only guy on the board who could potentially start long-term. No other SFs available and Rivers was the best PG prospect at that point.
    Exactly. I think, if Barnes fell to us, we'd take him over Rivers, simply because we need a SF more than a PG. Aminu can still develop into something, but we'll just have to wait and see on that. This will be a big year for him. Same with Henry. He can be a SF for us too. But Rivers at 10 was far and away the BPA with the most upside.

Thread Information