Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Anderson S&T

Trade Idea Ryan Anderson S&T

Considering Ryno is basically gone after this offseason we might aswell attempt to obtain something from him.
    I.M.O a sign and trade with Nerlens Noel from the sixers would be fantastic for both teams, i dont think i have to go in to depth as to why.
    Sixers are 100% taking simmons, i know that for a fact, i've followed simmons since he was a kid and his been affiliated with brett brown all his life in Australia, and basically his promised to take him and reports are now saying that.
    With this, sixers desperately need shooting to create space for simmons, and a front court of Simmons, Ryno and Okafor is a solid front court that may even take them close to the playoffs their first year out of the lottery if they can obtain a solid F/A guard.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    No way do they do this lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Why would Philly give up an asset when they could sign him into their own cap?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Our window to trade Ryno closed when we couldn't find a suitable deal this past deadline.

I say we just let him walk. There are 3pt shooters that can play defense and rebound defensively out there. Unless he comes back ready to pass occasionally and at a reduced cost, he doesn't even fit with Gentry's offense. Can't believe I once thought he would.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Why would Philly give up an asset when they could sign him into their own cap?
    I agree. Not sure why that is not obvious.

also why would ryno go to Philly when it is a sad team and it is further away from his home in Sacramento (which is one of the reasons he will likely leave).

I see 3 hopes for a S&T of Ryno.

#1 Sacramento is still looking to dump Gay and makes us the same offer they did at the trade deadline.
    #2 Toronto likes Ryno more than Terrence Ross and filler
    #3 Indy signs Mike Conley and needs a S&T to add Ryno for one of Stuckey/George Hill and one of CJ Miles/Lavoy Allen

Anderson would have to want to go to these teams and we'd have to be interested in what they're sending back which isn't much. There just aren't many teams that would both view Anderson as a starter (or rather worth starter money) and has some need to trade for him rather sign him outright.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    No way do they do this lol

Why not it makes sense????

Ryno is good as gone. That ship has sailed. Demps didn't get anything for him, it's time to let it go.

The only S&T I see possibly with Ryno would be the same S&T that Philly got for Ariza. Which was, they got an exception for his cap amount because of being an uneven trade. This requires the other team having enough cap space to absorb Ryno outright, which shouldn't be an issue.

I would actually be VERY happy with this and there's incentive for Ryno to do it since he can get higher raises per year through us. We basically did the same thing when we signed him from Orlando too. So I see it as a very good possibility.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The only S&T I see possibly with Ryno would be the same S&T that Philly got for Ariza. Which was, they got an exception for his cap amount because of being an uneven trade. This requires the other team having enough cap space to absorb Ryno outright, which shouldn't be an issue.

I would actually be VERY happy with this and there's incentive for Ryno to do it since he can get higher raises per year through us. We basically did the same thing when we signed him from Orlando too. So I see it as a very good possibility.
    We're going to be an under the cap team though, so no exceptions unless I am missing a scenario here.

Ryan Anderson S&T

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    We're going to be an under the cap team though, so no exceptions unless I am missing a scenario here.
    Depends on how we manage our cap holdings.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-18-2016 at 03:44 PM.

HE GONE unless of course we... MAXDERSON

When your parents keep asking what happened to your ex....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    When your parents keep asking what happened to your ex....
    Low class man...

I'm still holding out for this:

AD
    Anderson
    Tyreke
    Dunn
    Jrue

Low class man...
    Obviously a joke man...

I'm confident Dell will explore every option possible with Ryno to improve our team. If there is something that will benefit us with Ryno I'm sure we will do everything we can to get it done. If nothing happen then oh well but I guarantee we tried.

ryno is gone, like (hopefully) Gordon....

Ryan Anderson S&T

Obviously a joke man...
    I never said it wasn't a joke. I said it was low class.

Are you going to make jokes about Monty's wife next?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-18-2016 at 07:17 PM.

I never said it wasn't a joke. I said it was low class.

Are you going to feel the need to make jokes about Monty's wife next?
    Oh dude I was not talking about Ryan's fiance! I would never!
    I was referring to Ryan as the ex because he's leaving the team and these S&T threads about him keep popping up

Oh dude I was not talking about Ryan's fiance! I would never!
    I was referring to Ryan as the ex because he's leaving the team and these S&T threads about him keep popping up

Well that's certainly better than how that first post came off. Thanks for clarifying.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    To be fair I didn't think he meant that about Ryno's fiancée when I first read it.

The Franchise
    I can easily see a sign and trade for ryno maybe not philly cause of all their cap space. It would have to be a team close to the cap or a team that would sign and trade their FA. I hope this is what happens so we don't lose ryno for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I can easily see a sign and trade for ryno maybe not philly cause of all their cap space. It would have to be a team close to the cap or a team that would sign and trade their FA. I hope this is what happens so we don't lose ryno for nothing.
    How can you easily see it? Seriously, how? There's such a small chance it happens. Ryno would have to be on board and he's an UFA, so he can just pick the team he wants to go to and they can sign him without giving up assets.

Thread Information