Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Free Agency Thread/All Non-Hornets FA/trade posts here {merged}

Anybody else see the Heat getting Allen and Nash?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    will this finally be the rule to the exception?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.McCoy View Post
    Anybody else see the Heat getting Allen and Nash?
    Allen surely..nash? Not really

I think it's very possible that Ray could be returning to the Celtics given that Garnett re signed. I don't think the Heat deal is a guaranteed thing. I also think Ray could prefer the C's more because of the team chemistry. There's not a ton of positive energy surrounding the Heat despite the team winning this year. Ray likes playing for Doc Rivers and given that they were close this year despite not having a healthy Bradley could make a difference.. Don't really see him playing for a coach that nobody on the team respects like Spoelstra but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    I think they are pretty sure they're getting Dwight. Dwight has the union taking the league to court right now to try and un opt in his opt in so he's a FA now. He says promises were made to get him to sign the optin that were not kept. They fired the coach and GM and he knew what the cap space/trade assets were, so unless they promised him something specific like Phil Jackson, I'm not sure what argument he'd have.
    Last I heard he didn't have a case and the union's not going to take it any further.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    If Ray go to the Heat! I loose all respect for him!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

We enter the dead zone! Contributor accfsu34's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    If Ray go to the Heat! I loose all respect for him!
    Why is that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    2011-2012 revised, NFC south standings:

1. Tampa Bay: 11-5 y
    2. New Orleans: 9-7
    3. ATL: 7-9
    4. carolina: 6-10

If he wants to win a championship he'll go to the Heat.... Plain and simple
    Saints, Pelicans, Tigers, Braves, and PS3 (NinthWardJay is the PSN)

Heard he hates Rondo

The Artist    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by NinthWardJay View Post
    If he wants to win a championship he'll go to the Heat.... Plain and simple
    But he's already won a ring! He'd just be leaving the Celtics to chase after another which IMO is kind of redundant considering his age, the chemistry he has already with Boston and that you get Garnet back for the next two years.

He's already been through his journey in his goal to get a ring coming from Seattle, Milwaukee and ending up in Boston. Why not make another 2 year run and see what happens and retire as what many people will associate you with during your career, a Celtic!

They took Miami to 7 games. Why not try again?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Exactly. They took Miami to 7 games with a roster that was older. If Bradley was there for that series, it could have been a different ball game. Jeff Green too. We'll see what happens. I think he stays with Boston because the Miami locker room is cancerous.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    But he's already won a ring! He'd just be leaving the Celtics to chase after another which IMO is kind of redundant considering his age, the chemistry he has already with Boston and that you get Garnet back for the next two years.

He's already been through his journey in his goal to get a ring coming from Seattle, Milwaukee and ending up in Boston. Why not make another 2 year run and see what happens and retire as what many people will associate you with during your career, a Celtic!
    boston is done, stick a fork in them

Quote Originally Posted by BRHORNETSFAN View Post
    Exactly. They took Miami to 7 games with a roster that was older. If Bradley was there for that series, it could have been a different ball game. Jeff Green too. We'll see what happens. I think he stays with Boston because the Miami locker room is cancerous.
    I agree with everything except for the last comment. He would fit in well with the Heat.

We can agree to disagree but when you're cursing out your coach during a game, it says a lot. Doesn't happen to Doc Rivers, doesn't happen to Popovich either because players respect those coaches. Also, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh ride the hell out of Chalmers during the entire game. That place is toxic.

Raptors offer Nash 3 year deal

3 years $36 million

i heard that it was less than initially reported

Report was supposedly false.

I'll go with my source on this one. It's pretty reliable. Could be a little less once the official numbers come out but it's close to 3 years $36 mill

Nets/Hawks discussing trade for Joe Johnson

The most recent proposal would call for the Nets to send the expiring contracts of Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Anthony Morrow and Jordan Williams to the Hawks in exchange for Johnson.

I'll go with my source on this one.

We enter the dead zone! Contributor accfsu34's Avatar
    We can agree to disagree but when you're cursing out your coach during a game, it says a lot. Doesn't happen to Doc Rivers, doesn't happen to Popovich either because players respect those coaches. Also, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh ride the hell out of Chalmers during the entire game. That place is toxic.
    I thought I was the only one noticing that. They do the same to Haslem. As a man, there is NO way in hell im letting another man talk down to me on national TV. Maybe its just me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

The Artist    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
    boston is done, stick a fork in them
    Maybe! Maybe not! I like their team chemistry and attitude. Circumstances aside with what went down with Rondo, I respect the Celtics because they put the game before themselves. It's a rare commodity in sports because certain players want to separate themselves and become individuals.

It's cool if it works for teams like the Heat because we all know it was about those three from the moment they held that big introduction. If Chalmers, Battier, etc. don't have a problem being excluded, oh well! But even though he did well in the post season, Westbrook hurt the Thunder on more occasions from his 'me first' attitude that sparks at the wrong moments.

For that, I appreciate the candor of Durant although I wish sometimes that he'd get a bit more fired up, even when he's taking over a game to pull his team to a win. The same can be said for the Spurs. You never hear much about them and yet the continue to be in the post season year after year like the NFL Patriots of the NBA.

I look for something similar to that for our team. I don't see Monty putting up with guy's that have these type of attitudes simply because it is not the system that either he or Demps has come from. We didn't have it during our run with Paul, West, Chandler, etc. that team played for the team. Which is why I am glad that this new crop is the start of something great!

sam_amick Source confirms Toronto has offered Steve Nash a three-year, $36 million deal with no options attached. @ESPNSteinline had first.

i guess it is true

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    sam_amick Source confirms Toronto has offered Steve Nash a three-year, $36 million deal with no options attached. @ESPNSteinline had first.

i guess it is true
    I only put truth out there.

Thread Information