Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Demps on new training facility

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    People? My personality may be larger than life, but I'm just one man. Not out of proportion. Missed the context is all.

I don't care where the facility would be. I thought you wondered what difference did having a new facility period was.
    2 people replied to his post before you did.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh. Silly me. Sorry, can't see the forest for my own ego.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Oh. Silly me. Sorry, can't see the forest for my own ego.

Carry on.
    Does the E in Eman stand for Ego? oooooooh BA ZING!!! Tip ya bartenders everybody I'm here all night. (i kid i kid...love ya bruh)

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    I'm going to steal this from nolasportskrewe post

distances for some nba teams from their practice facility to their prospective arenas:

lakers: 15 miles
    clippers: 14-15 miles
    blazers: 13-15 mile range
    nola: 12 miles
    sacramento: on site
    golden state: 6 miles
    phoenix: on site
    utah: 3 miles
    denver: on site
    dallas: on site
    san antonio: 17-22 miles
    houston: 18 miles
    memphis: on site
    milwaukee: 7 miles
    chicago: 30 miles but will move downtown
    cleveland: 9 miles
    new york: 28 miles
    More important to the players is distance to Armstrong airport is 2 miles. Easy to come in for off season practice and scoot back home. Location in Metairie is more convenient than Downtown and extremely much more convenient than New Orleans East; where the lawmakers tried to stick them.

Yeah but that was way back in 2002 when they first came to town. Obviously they realized that wasn't a good idea so I don't think it's been mentioned since.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    As mentioned Airline is arguably the most convenient location from anywhere in the metro area unless you actually live downtown or in the Quarter.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by all2neat View Post
    If you want to utilize and take advantage of Champions Square, you should push for a theater for preforming arts, or something that would host events year round yet not be sports related. You need to think outside of the box a little. I think our market is at its saturation point for sport teams so something to target a different crowd would help open up that area to more people than normal.
    That is actually a really good idea. I've never thought about that.

CS will end up diversifying. Built-in restaurants, bars, shops maybe. Those trolly tracks aren't for jist a few days a year.

Quote Originally Posted by modefnit View Post
    More important to the players is distance to Armstrong airport is 2 miles. Easy to come in for off season practice and scoot back home. Location in Metairie is more convenient than Downtown and extremely much more convenient than New Orleans East; where the lawmakers tried to stick them.
    Proximity of the airport to the facility is not important. It's not like they will go straight to the facility from the airport. Who would do that off of a potentially 4 or 5 hour flight? It's more important for where they happen to live, which if like Saints players, will be all over the place.

Jennifer Hale‏@JenHale504
    Interesting tidbit: #Hornets GM suggested rehab facility in LA where Eric Gordon is training. State of the art center many pro athletes use

#Hornets using training center where Eric Gordon is as model for team's future facility in New Orleans. GM Dell Demps believes it's the best

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Interesting tidbit: #Hornets GM suggested rehab facility in LA where Eric Gordon is training. State of the art center many pro athletes use

#Hornets using training center where Eric Gordon is as model for team's future facility in New Orleans. GM Dell Demps believes it's the best

Thanks for the info as always HunnyB!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post

Thanks for the info as always HunnyB!
    You're welcome. You have any idea about the facility he's talking about? I hope it's really nice for our players.

You're welcome. You have any idea about the facility he's talking about? I hope it's really nice for our players.
    Just did a lil googling can't find anything on it other then "far superior medical facilities" and "state of the art".
    I will say I think having a brand spanking new state of the art practice facility can help to attract FA's here. They have a ton of space to work with out there by Saints HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Just did a lil googling can't find anything on it other then "far superior medical facilities" and "state of the art".
    I will say I think having a brand spanking new state of the art practice facility can help to attract FA's here. They have a ton of space to work with out there by Saints HQ.
    I agree.

And they won't have to be put out when it's free give-a-way day.

Possibly this place?

http://www.acrcencino.com/

Don't see anything about a facility. Seems more like a clinic.

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    Great to hear. I can go to work at Zephyr Field this summer and watch the construction...
    "Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. One 'star' who taught another 'star' how not to be a 'star' " - Jim Henderson

"Oklahoma City can go to hell" - Random caller on the Hornets post game show

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WHOO!!!" - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Scott Cody on Byron Scott: "He was there during the Hornets best and worst season. His legacy, most likely however, will fall somewhere in between..."

$20 sez calderera already has the contract, and it's already over budget and over due

I hope there is quality and not quantity on this facility.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    I hope there is quality and not quantity on this facility.
    Quantity means a specified amount. Do you mean you hope there's not a number of the same facilities? Why would there be a number of these facilities here for our team?

Quantity means a specified amount. Do you mean you hope there's not a number of the same facilities? Why would there be a number of these facilities here for our team?
    I meant Quantity as in amount of space available in the facilty...lol

Having a great training facility + rehab C is one of the best ways to attract FAs. This is all great news.

Thread Information