Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Re-open Six Flags! {merged}

I work out there and have for years. It's been a chore to deal with not being able to do basic errands nearby. It's bad and they need way more than a one shot in the arm.

Trell, I love your passion, but I think you are either being mislead or barking up the wrong trees. Your information just seems off to me...and I consider myself relatively in the know. Are there any other projects you are passionate about? I feel your personality could be better utilized for a different but equally important issue or development.
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

While I doubt an amusement park will return to that area, I do think there are people that think no one is living in New Orleans East. That isn't true at all. It isn't a ghost town. No, not bustling as it once was but it isn't a ghost town. And the reason people think this is because of what they see along the I-10. You get off the I-10 and drive through neighborhoods, you'll see people living in homes they've repaired/remodeled.

To realize the full economic punch of eastern New Orleans, a top priority must be to intensify efforts to remove blight along I-10 and major commercial arteries, starting with the former Lake Forest Plaza site to Crowder and Lake Forest Boulevard and the I-10 service roads. Vacant lots and buildings are overgrown with tall grass, trash, debris, broken signage and unsecured doors and windows. This visual blight presents a negative image to potential investors and residents and creates a misperception of disinvestment.
    http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.s...s_vital_t.html

That I-10 corridor needs to be cleaned up. They've torn down apartment complexes along the area but the land left behind leaves a lot left to be desired. There are other spots along Bullard Ave. that needs to be worked on. If a grocery store is needed in that area, someone needs to go into that old Schwegmann building. Toys R Us and Circuit City buildings sit empty. I'm guessing they're tearing down that hospital to put the Wal-Mart there. There's traffic on Bullard. Not like it used to be but I'm sure a lot of it will return when that Wal-Mart jump starts it.

Eating lunch in the Wendy's parking lot on Reed listening to the radio and catching. Drove through the neighborhood between Chef and I-10. The area had been slow to recover but is steadily adding. It's going to take time; I've been here from when they reopened in 2005.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I know a lot of you guys was like, it's not happening and all of that good stuff! But greats news just linked, they are looking approved to make the Riverwalk into an outlet mall(kinda was). Representatives who wanted the Outlet Mall at the Jazzland site was looking for the city to pay for everything or get the land fro free. One of the two. But the amusement park have all bills covered to buy the land and do what's needed. So why now spend hundreds of millions of dollars on an outlet mall, then 70 million on another? So far it's looking bright for the Jazzland amusement park. Yes!
    http://mobile.nola.com/advnola/pm_29...tguid=DJAUcxAz
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    I know a lot of you guys was like, it's not happening and all of that good stuff! But greats news just linked, they are looking approved to make the Riverwalk into an outlet mall(kinda was). Representatives who wanted the Outlet Mall at the Jazzland site was looking for the city to pay for everything or get the land fro free. One of the two. But the amusement park have all bills covered to buy the land and do what's needed. So why now spend hundreds of millions of dollars on an outlet mall, then 70 million on another? So far it's looking bright for the Jazzland amusement park. Yes!
    http://mobile.nola.com/advnola/pm_29...tguid=DJAUcxAz
    Hope u are right because don't think outlet mall works especially with river walk announcement

hopefully with the river walk upgrade the park has a chance. I would love to have a park close by to bring my kids too when they get old enough. I went to Astroworld growing up and have many good memories. I hope my kids have the chance to experince what I had.
    #FREEQUAIL

Pelicans Sim League

2007-08 Record:15-11 winning!
    PG:Mo Williams SG: Larry Hughes SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Antoine Walker C: Greg Oden
    6th man: Ben Gordon

#FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by c_prej View Post
    hopefully with the river walk upgrade the park has a chance. I would love to have a park close by to bring my kids too when they get old enough. I went to Astroworld growing up and have many good memories. I hope my kids have the chance to experince what I had.
    From all the info they gave, it seems as it will be a park sorta like Disney World, mainly for kids, not a lot of thrill rides but will add as time goes by. Also she said they will have a waterpark, movie theater,(questionable) car lot movies, real baseball park, auditorium, and a huge concert thingy. They may also cut down march and plants to make the are way bigger.

From all the info they gave, it seems as it will be a park sorta like Disney World, mainly for kids, not a lot of thrill rides but will add as time goes by. Also she said they will have a waterpark, movie theater,(questionable) car lot movies, real baseball park, auditorium, and a huge concert thingy. They may also cut down march and plants to make the are way bigger.
    When do u think they will Ann ounce it does the group from Dallas developing outlet mall have to admit it won't work and withdraw because I think they have 2 years of exclusive control of property at this time

Quote Originally Posted by bandogo View Post
    When do u think they will Ann ounce it does the group from Dallas developing outlet mall have to admit it won't work and withdraw because I think they have 2 years of exclusive control of property at this time
    No one knows. So far the guys who suppose to be using the Jazzland property as a mall has been out on hold, because the city can work with the wonderful people who is trying to update the river walk. The city already announced that they will and cannot have 2 upscale outlet malls, so who do you think they will choose? The group that has everything paid for, plus don't have to build the river walk from scartch(just add on)? Or the group who needs TIF to pay and the city to help pay, and there project wouldn't be finished until 2015 or something. I just feel the city will choose the river walk for the facts that, it will be closer to where the tourist is always at, its located in the busiest part of New Orleans. And not much money and work need to be put in(none at all from the city). That's why IMO the river walk will be chosen, the other group will be left hanging because the city stated two malls will not be built. Then that makes Jazzland amusement park group the front runner, who's paying for everything by themselves. Jazzland will be like a miniature Disney Land, especially of they expand it. A water park, amusement rides, entertainment, movies and a movie back lot!? What is this Los Angles? This project is great for the community, city, & citizens.

What's to dislike guys? C'mon! Join the movement please. This will make the east of New Orleans fantastic. I was born an half raised in those woods and it use to be a great place. A amusement park, a upcoming humongous airport(which i heard about), the mall will be opened back if the park is built, the movies I heard rumors about as well plus the hospital. The east will be great, especially if Jazzland try to open Lincoln Beach j/k to many suck holes I heard about Lol.

Like "Jazzland Park" on facebook to stay updated, you can also ask question and they will be responded.
    Last edited by Trell; 08-19-2012 at 10:38 AM.

The IDB also gave an update on the efforts to turn the former Six Flags theme park into an outlet mall. The prospective developers, Provident Realty Advisors and DAG Development, hope to finish plans and feasibility studies in about a year.

Quirk said the Howard Hughes Corp.'s July announcement that it planned to remake the Riverwalk Marketplace into an outlet mall will not affect outlet mall plans for Six Flags because there's plenty of opportunities for retailers and the two projects will draw different types of customers. "The city is very under-retailed, " she said.
    http://www.nola.com/business/index.s..._river_default

Yea she just emailed me this article while explaining the process. This actually sucks, meaning we will have to outlet malls with no movies, amusement or just pure fun. I love clothes and Jordan's, so the mall will help me and more teens in a way, but I don't see the reason of having 2 malls(outlets malls) that'll take forever to be made. While you can have a water and amusement park here in 2013 while keeping a New Orleans tradition.

While I don't think an amusement park will go here, I can't help but remember going to the old Ponchartrain Beach while growing up. I have lots of good memories of going there and really wish my kids could have similar experiences. My oldest was only 5 when Six Flags/Jazzland closed so he doesn't remember it too much. I think the reputation of The East would hurt any big development. Not getting my hopes up but it would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any news on six flags. I dint think an outlet mall will work my guess is on e the dallas company does their feasibility study. They will abandon project and it will be open for other. Companies again

Sounds like outlet mall idea is dead accirding to citybusiness

http://m.facebook.com/#!/26209444384...00001324736487

The outlet mall is officially dead, expect the property to be handed over to the group who wants to Re-open ;azzland Amusement park.

Outlet Mall is basically DEAD! The city decided to go with a company who have no confidence in there proposal and was completely unorganized. With that said hopefully the city starts a new lease and hand it over to the Jazzland company that has very high potential with the brand and park. It can be our Disney World in Cajun State considering all the land it has untouched. This company has its budget, groups, merchandise, and partners down pack! So if given to them they would be ready to start construction right away! They have plans to MAYBE get an inspection on Lincoln Beach to see if any potential is there which will lead to something else. Maybe a company will be interested in opening a huge suite or resort down some on the Pontchatrain beach between a theme park and beach. It's kinda a pipe dream but all very possible. Hopefully leading to have a very interesting city as a whole with Downtown, Uptown and the upcoming New Orleans East. Please go Like the company Jazzland Facebook to see how you can help the city choose this proposal.

http://https://m.facebook.com/#!/Jaz...00001324736487

Just scan the page and I guarantee it will be interesting.

Outlet Mall is basically DEAD! The city decided to go with a company who have no confidence in there proposal and was completely unorganized. With that said hopefully the city starts a new lease and hand it over to the Jazzland company that has very high potential with the brand and park. It can be our Disney World in Cajun State considering all the land it has untouched. This company has its budget, groups, merchandise, and partners down pack! So if given to them they would be ready to start construction right away! They have plans to MAYBE get an inspection on Lincoln Beach to see if any potential is there which will lead to something else. Maybe a company will be interested in opening a huge suite or resort down some on the Pontchatrain beach between a theme park and beach. It's kinda a pipe dream but all very possible. Hopefully leading to have a very interesting city as a whole with Downtown, Uptown and the upcoming New Orleans East. Please go Like the company Jazzland Facebook to see how you can help the city choose this proposal.

http://https://m.facebook.com/#!/Jaz...00001324736487

Just scan the page and I guarantee it will be interesting.

Where the info come from? What's going on with the "leaders"?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    Where the info come from? What's going on with the "leaders"?
    "Leaders?" They usually post what happens at the city meeting to fans on the page. Also I'm sure Jazzland has some sources in office as well. You can usually ask them a question their page and they will answer with honesty.

New Orleans east has been "up and coming" for years... Still is a dump. That being said, something needs to be done with that land

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    New Orleans east has been "up and coming" for years... Still is a dump. That being said, something needs to be done with that land
    Exactly. The ashes are there but it needs to be ignited. Once you see something like this ACTUALLY happen, you may see someone want to invest in a project like The Grand movie theatre. But until someone actually be a leader of something that has potential, it will always be nothing

It's just not a good area in my opinion. I don't blame business people for not investing in the area. Lets not forgot that jazz land was not very successful to begin with.

It's just not a good area in my opinion. I don't blame business people for not investing in the area. Lets not forgot that jazz land was not very successful to begin with.
    Yea when tourism was at it lowest I think(correct if wrong) with todays economy it should flourish IMO, especially considering the amount of people who would be interested. It wasn't the neighborhood nor environment but the lack of ticket sales from an international group in Six Flags. I feel they didn't put much effort into The park. But with a local company with local groups to back them up would put plenty of time into selling tickets. Another reason the park will not flunk I believe is because of it not only being a park but Movie Studio Backlot(with all the films being filmed and one of very least studio backlot down south. The other is the entertaining venue where concerts, festivals and many events would be held.
    Last edited by Trell; 05-29-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Until New Orleans East gets its infrastructure back; no ones going to invest.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Blog Entries
    Hydroponic farming was talked about. Frankly I think that's a great idea. Cheaper, locally grown food with less of an environmental footprint. It would create jobs, and get people to eat better in areas that don't have access to affordable produce.

Plus I love fruits and vegetables.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Thread Information