Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: It's official...Bob and Gil are no longer the Hornets TV crew

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    http://www.nba.com/video/games/blaze...Demps_intv.nba

Here's our new announcer interviewing Dell Demps... And I think Chris Webber is there too. Sorry if already posted.
    Look at post #92.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    This is why I apologized in advance.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Yeah I'm really curious to see how Wesley does in this position. Hopefully he compliments Meyers.
    I hope he insults him. Would make for an interesting dynamic.

I will miss Victor Howell on the sideline. He does his job well, is respectful of the players, does not ask dumb questions, does his job. Now, we get a bimbo roaming the sidelines asking dumb questions. Just great. Meyers is a good get. Thank God, my mute button will get some relief.

YES, Joel Meyers is doing the games! I love this guy. You will love him. He is super knowledgable about the game and always does his homework. You may have seen him do some summer league games! I watched him for several years do the lakers telecasts. Awesome pickup. He is as knowledgable and as smooth a play by play announcer as there is.

I don't know anything about Davis Westley though. Anyone know if he is any good?

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    YES, Joel Meyers is doing the games! I love this guy. You will love him. He is super knowledgable about the game and always does his homework. You may have seen him do some summer league games! I watched him for several years do the lakers telecasts. Awesome pickup. He is as knowledgable and as smooth a play by play announcer as there is.

I don't know anything about Davis Westley though. Anyone know if he is any good?
    Wesley hasn't done commentating so we don't really know how he'll do. He knows the game though so he'll probably be fine to provide insight. He's a pretty good speaker so I think he'll be fine.

Also, a question.

The channel the Hornets are being broadcast on, fox sports southwest, which I think they are changing the name of to fox sports new orleans- is that channel going to available on directtv? In HD?

Gotta start thinking about getting everything ready for October...

If you get the current Fox Sports Southwest and you are considered to be in the Hornets TV market, you will get Fox Sports NO. The Hornets games are the only change. Other than that, we will get the same Fox Sports SW feed.

Long time Hornets fan huh?

Also, a question.

The channel the Hornets are being broadcast on, fox sports southwest, which I think they are changing the name of to fox sports new orleans- is that channel going to available on directtv? In HD?

Gotta start thinking about getting everything ready for October...
    Yes, it will be available on DirecTV. If you are in the Hornets' market, you will get the games. Otherwise, you can buy league pass. If you get league pass, you will finally be able to hear the Hornets broadcast on a regular basis instead of having to listen to the opposing team's broadcast because DirecTV couldn't broadcast the CST feed.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Long time Hornets fan huh?
    Nah, he's making a crack over my typo. Not as if s and d aren't right next to each other on the keyboard.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I don't know if you guys watched the entire interview, but it was nice to learn that Dell first met Ryan Anderson while playing pick up ball in Sacramento while Ryan was just 15 years old. Crazy stuff.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanC View Post
    I don't know if you guys watched the entire interview, but it was nice to learn that Dell first met Ryan Anderson while playing pick up ball in Sacramento while Ryan was just 15 years old. Crazy stuff.
    Starting to make Dell seem a lil' nepotistic, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Starting to make Dell seem a lil' nepotistic, actually.
    Willie Green syndrome?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Meyers is one of the reasons I have enjoyed watching Laker games late at night on NBA League Pass in seasons past. I like this addition to the telecast quite a bit.
    I'm with you man... I hate the Lakers but for some reason loved listening to Myers call a game. Him doing the Summer League on NBATV also made those games more legitimate in my mind. I'll miss Bob, Gil, and Jerry for sure but this is a sign of Benson investing in his team. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Nah, he's making a crack over my typo. Not as if s and d aren't right next to each other on the keyboard.

Nah, I wasn't messin with ya. I know he was a bball player, but I've never seen his work as an announcer. That's why I asked. Announcers that were former players come a dime a dozen. But, yeah, I am a new fan too, that's for sure. I don't know what everyone else seems to take for granted as common knowledge around here, but I'll catch on. I guess I am so out of the loop I'm excited to see what X can do this year

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Nah, I wasn't messin with ya. I know he was a bball player, but I've never seen his work as an announcer. That's why I asked. Announcers that were former players come a dime a dozen. But, yeah, I am a new fan too, that's for sure. I don't know what everyone else seems to take for granted as common knowledge around here, but I'll catch on. I guess I am so out of the loop I'm excited to see what X can do this year
    David Wesley was a long time Hornet SG dating back from the Charlotte days through the first few seasons or so in NOLA. As far as I observed he was a pretty classy, well spoken player.

Hate to see someone lose their job (especially a job as great as these) ...But, I am excited about the upgrade. Sure, I'm curious to see how Wesley does, but i think the 2 guys in the balcony on the Muppet's could have done better than Bob and Gil. I never really enjoyed their schtick, and after a while I came to dread it. Bob was such a unbelievable jinx....Truthfully, I had been calling for their heads for years....

I have been waiting to make this posts for years......

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    So Is Gerry V still going to have his radio show?

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    So Is Gerry V still going to have his radio show?
    His radio show has been on hiatus since last week because 106.1 is going over reformatting discussions (something like that). GV said it on his last show last week.

Guys, it comes down to this...Gerry V and the other guys have huge ties to the Charlotte Hornets. It looks like Benson is just completely cleaning house and getting rid of all of the old guard. New owner, new name, new start. I love Gerry V, but I understand what Benson is doing and I love it.

David Wesley is one of my favorite Hornets of all time. I am looking forward to seeing how well he handles this newly acquired position.
    "We may raise some eyebrows, but we're not in this to get excited or raise eyebrows." - Monty Williams

Big Blue Nation to NOLA UKbluein850's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan23 View Post
    Yes, it will be available on DirecTV. If you are in the Hornets' market, you will get the games. Otherwise, you can buy league pass. If you get league pass, you will finally be able to hear the Hornets broadcast on a regular basis instead of having to listen to the opposing team's broadcast because DirecTV couldn't broadcast the CST feed.
    Anyone know just how far the FSN SW will reach? I get SunSports and Fox Sports Florida now. However, I used to get Hornets games on CST. Not sure if that makes me "in the market" or not. Tried finding an update online, but couldn't find much info.
    You can take a man outta Kentucky...but you can't take the Kentucky outta a man!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UKbluein850 View Post
    Anyone know just how far the FSN SW will reach? I get SunSports and Fox Sports Florida now. However, I used to get Hornets games on CST. Not sure if that makes me "in the market" or not. Tried finding an update online, but couldn't find much info.
    I haven't seen any maps or anything but this seems promising:

The Hornets then cut ties with Cox Sports Television and signed with the newly-created FoxSports New Orleans, which will have a much broader coverage area.

Thread Information