Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anderson for Monroe ?

If he cost less than ryno, maybe. But not really.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I agree. He is not that much better. I question how good a fit he is if we do intend to become a more uptempo team. His P&R defense is not that good either. I don't think he improves us enough to warrant a max contract and a player like Anderson who is on a very good contract.
    The question for me that I struggle with is: How valuable is it to get rid of Gordon?

Lets say Anderson on his current contract is a B asset. Monroe on a max contract is a C- asset. Is unloading Gordon and being free and clear worth that downgrade? Can I get a SF with that money to offset it? Like, would Monroe and Jimmy Butler at 29 million be better than Ryno and Gordon at 24? Or if doing that deal guarantees me Tucker and the ability to re-sign Morrow, plus room to add 1-2 more solid bench pieces that I couldn't if I didn't do the deal.

That is where I struggle personally
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    LAC have a franchise pg who chokes up in big games, and a franchise dunker. Not what the Spurs have in Parker and Duncan. Moving forward over the next 3 years I would actually take Parker and Duncan over what LA has...and I bet LA would too.

Look at those Spurs teams that won titles, most of the guys outside of the big 3 were guns for hire brought in that season or the season prior. Our goal right now is to get AD to be a franchise player, get Jrue and and Reke getting to that Parker Manu level, and decking out team out with more Morrows and Andersons and fewer Gordons and Rivers. Heck pick up more of your PJ Tuckers types I suppose, just get stable players as opposed to caliber we have masquerading as NBA players here.

We both agree, Monroe at such a high price is unnecessary as paying that much for a center of his caliber is just outrageous in today's game.
    if you think cp3 isn't clutch you are dead wrong and just going off one playoff series, I'm not a cp3 supporter but come on thats crazy. The spurs don't just "have shooters," thats what miami and okc have, the spurs have a system and tremendous team chemistry and bball IQ to help get shooters open
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    if you think cp3 isn't clutch you are dead wrong and just going off one playoff series, I'm not a cp3 supporter but come on thats crazy. The spurs don't just "have shooters," thats what miami and okc have, the spurs have a system and tremendous team chemistry and bball IQ to help get shooters open
    Yep. And that only comes with time. Cant trade for it or buy it in free agency

Calling him a choke artist might be wrong, but he is not the player you build your franchise around anymore. It's going to be interesting to see how the Clipps handle him over the next few years as he has been getting hurt more and more. He isn't Eric Gordon yet, but CP3 hasn't played 80+ games since he was in New Orleans.

And Griffin is a Superstar in dunk contests, and dunk contests only.

Right now we have to count more on coaching. We need to develop a system of plug and play, as that is what SA has going for it. Their core of Duncan, Parker, and Manu have played together for years, but look at other major contributors on that team, (Leonard 3, Green 3, Diaw 3, Splitter 4, Mills 1, Belli 1). It wouldn't take that long to get that system up and running here. AD is going into year 3, Jrue year 2, Reke year 2, Ryno 3, Gordon 4. We have a good young group here, we can do it, unless you don't believe in the system we are running here.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-16-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Calling him a choke artist might be wrong, but he is not the player you build your franchise around anymore. It's going to be interesting to see how the Clipps handle him over the next few years as he has been getting hurt more and more. He isn't Eric Gordon yet, but CP3 hasn't played 80+ games since he was in New Orleans.

I actually agree with Barkley on this one(and you), you can't build around the smallest guy on the court and your toughest player can't be the smallest guy on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The question for me that I struggle with is: How valuable is it to get rid of Gordon?

Lets say Anderson on his current contract is a B asset. Monroe on a max contract is a C- asset. Is unloading Gordon and being free and clear worth that downgrade? Can I get a SF with that money to offset it? Like, would Monroe and Jimmy Butler at 29 million be better than Ryno and Gordon at 24? Or if doing that deal guarantees me Tucker and the ability to re-sign Morrow, plus room to add 1-2 more solid bench pieces that I couldn't if I didn't do the deal.

That is where I struggle personally
    You also have the issue of Gordon's contract being shorter than the one you would have to give Monroe. Monroe's contract would run into the period when you had to max out AD.

I just haven't seen anything wrong (due to injury) with Ryno with Davis to make this trade...while im good for dumping EG for the right trade, i dont see how Monroe would be an upgrade over Ryno under many scenarios....
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

I rather to go after Blatche

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

This thread isn't a Blake Griffin debate thread... But I find that statement to be incredibly inaccurate and lazy. You're relying on a very old narrative that just isn't true anymore. Blake Griffin deservedly came in 3rd begind Lebron and Durant in MVP voting. That's not a fan ballot like the All Star game. Blake is still an exceptional dunker, but even if you don't give him credit for the development of the rest of his game, everyone else is.

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    I actually agree with Barkley on this one(and you), you can't build around the smallest guy on the court and your toughest player can't be the smallest guy on the court.
    I realize it´s a different era but the Pistons won 2 rings by building around the smallest guy on the court. And the Warriors are trying to build around the smallest guy on the court. Chris Paul is a great number 2 option and a lousy number one option. But since we`re all under the impression that you need 2-3 marquee guys in this day and age, is that really to be taken against him?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This thread isn't a Blake Griffin debate thread... But I find that statement to be incredibly inaccurate and lazy. You're relying on a very old narrative that just isn't true anymore. Blake Griffin deservedly came in 3rd begind Lebron and Durant in MVP voting. That's not a fan ballot like the All Star game. Blake is still an exceptional dunker, but even if you don't give him credit for the development of the rest of his game, everyone else is.
    He got a hell of a lot better this year. I didn´t give him any respect until this year, but now he`s earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    I realize it´s a different era but the Pistons won 2 rings by building around the smallest guy on the court. And the Warriors are trying to build around the smallest guy on the court. Chris Paul is a great number 2 option and a lousy number one option. But since we`re all under the impression that you need 2-3 marquee guys in this day and age, is that really to be taken against him?
    Paul is definitely a #1 option. Post season success isn't easy even in a weak East.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    It's amazing how that stance can be continued given the improvements Griffin has made.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It's amazing how that stance can be continued given the improvements Griffin has made.
    But still would not trade AD for Blake. Especially because of that stupid Kia commercial. Just goes to show what some people will do for a check. At least CP3 commercials are semi-entertaining. But Blake's? Also when the Unibrow becomes a "1" (next year), Blake will still be a "2"
    or maybe a "3".
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 06-16-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Paul is definitely a #1 option. Post season success isn't easy even in a weak East.
    I don't think he's the #1 option on his team right now. And he's a few surgeries and miles ahead of the time when he was the next isaiah Thomas. But regardless, even if he a 1-b option, you can't really build around 1 guy anymore

Id sAy Blake is the 4th beSt pf in the league

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Id sAy Blake is the 4th beSt pf in the league
    AD, k love and who? Bosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    AD, k love and who? Bosh?
    LA on the Blazers

I am the biggest Blake critic out there, but as of right now, he is the best PF in the league.

AD is the best PF

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    AD is the best PF
    Lets try to have some objectivity. He has a good chance of getting there, but he is not there yet.

I am the biggest Blake critic out there, but as of right now, he is the best PF in the league.
    Come again???

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Come again???
    Its either him or Love, and I will take Blake because he is a superior passer and stays on the court. You can start a debate at #3 with AD, Aldridge, Dirk, and Duncan.

AD will probably be at least #3 next year and could even shoot up to #1, but in 2013-14, Blake was undoubtedly the best PF in the league

Its either him or Love, and I will take Blake because he is a superior passer and stays on the court. You can start a debate at #3 with AD, Aldridge, Dirk, and Duncan.

AD will probably be at least #3 next year and could even shoot up to #1, but in 2013-14, Blake was undoubtedly the best PF in the league
    Sorry Michael I can't agree there.
    I think Love is the best PF in the league.
    Blake had a very good year yes....but he does play with the best PG in the league and has a much better supporting cast than Love.

It's a tough one.

However I do agree it's not AD.....yet.

Thread Information