Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pels Want Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    GR3 is right behind him. No shortage of athleticism there.
    I think GR3 is as athletic as anyone in this draft, he has a 41.5" vertical, is very strong, seen him standing dunk on centers, and he's very quick.

GR3 is right behind him. No shortage of athleticism there.
    just a shortage of production this season. I chose production over combine numbers every single time.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    just a shortage of production this season. I chose production over combine numbers every single time.
    Fair enough. Time will tell if it was a lack of effort or sheer skill on Little Big Dog's part or not having a clear role without a table setting PG like Burke. He always seemed to be doing anything but what was looked comfortable the bulk of the time.

I trust that GR3 will have a nice career. Nothing is written in the stars, he could crap out and be out of the league quicker than you can say Tim Pickett, and maybe he doesn't fit here. I would be excited if we got him though because he would be the closest thing to a complete sf that we have had on this team in a while. Let's hope Del agrees, and if not, so be it. We do need a sf, if we go into next season as AFA or that other guy you might as well start writing Del's obit now, because he will have completely disregarded this teams most glaring weakness (of a real starting 3, not Reke who masquerades as a 3 from time to time)for 2 seasons in a row.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Fair enough. Time will tell if it was a lack of effort or sheer skill on Little Big Dog's part or not having a clear role without a table setting PG like Burke. He always seemed to be doing anything but what was looked comfortable the bulk of the time.
    He's extremely athletic, without a doubt. Michigan asked him to take on a heavier load in the offense but he didn't have either the skills or the mindset/attitude/confidence to be successful enough at it to be worth drafting in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Say we somehow get the Suns 18th draft pick and you have to choose one of cleanthony early, glen robinson 3 or tj warren, who u taking?
    I like Warren because he just gets buckets.

I'd be very wary of him on the defensive side, though. Isn't his quickness supposed to be rather low?

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I like Warren because he just gets buckets.

I'd be very wary of him on the defensive side, though. Isn't his quickness supposed to be rather low?
    quickness is low but he has the IQ and fundamentals to be fine i think. Like caron butler was.

Michigan did ask Robinson to take on a bigger role, and opponents focused on him.So he isn't a franchise player, and the Big 10 isn't a cake walk in basketball. It doesn't mean GR3 will be a bad or mediocre player. I would look at the GR3 from last year more than I would this year. You show me the NBA GM who honestly thought GR3 was a franchise player anyway, and I will show you somebody who will quickly be out of work. He is a solid complimentary player, and that is what you need. He has the potential to be what we all hope for (as long as you aren't counting on him to be your bell cow when your team is down).

In short, GR3 had a bad year last year when he was asked to be the man and the help around him was hurt, and the Big 10 was focused on him. Ish happens. Take him if he is available to us and move along.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Michigan did ask Robinson to take on a bigger role, and opponents focused on him.So he isn't a franchise player, and the Big 10 isn't a cake walk in basketball. It doesn't mean GR3 will be a bad or mediocre player. I would look at the GR3 from last year more than I would this year. You show me the NBA GM who honestly thought GR3 was a franchise player anyway, and I will show you somebody who will quickly be out of work. He is a solid complimentary player, and that is what you need. He has the potential to be what we all hope for (as long as you aren't counting on him to be your bell cow when your team is down).

In short, GR3 had a bad year last year when he was asked to be the man and the help around him was hurt, and the Big 10 was focused on him. Ish happens. Take him if he is available to us and move along.
    agreed.

MM, you tweeted and mentioned in the article about a pick(15-20) and Gordon for Tyson Chandler. I'm just curious why the Knicks would do that? They have Shumpert and J.R. Or was that just something that popped into your head randomly? Anyway, I would be all for the trade.
    Welcome to be here

Did you read todays article? Two of those guys won't be on Dell's board IMO

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...draft-targets/
    Demps is the man!!!!!!

I liked Early and the gang myself; but the steal/ gem I thought I found was Deandre Daniels 7 + wingspan 41% 3's
    athletic, rebounds and came on at the right time

Ingles is 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan and has been playing with adults

"Despite being one of the youngest players in the draft, Inglis might be one of the most ready to step on a NBA floor from a physical standpoint. He measured 6-8 ½ in shoes at the Nike Hoop Summit, with an outstanding 7-3 wingspan and 240 pound frame, figures that put him in a class of his own in terms of non-big men prospects historically according to our unique measurement database. He also has huge hands on top of that.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz35A9qbk14
    http://www.draftexpress.com"

Patrick Young is a late pick that we all know could help us

Go get it Dell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    MM, you tweeted and mentioned in the article about a pick(15-20) and Gordon for Tyson Chandler. I'm just curious why the Knicks would do that? They have Shumpert and J.R. Or was that just something that popped into your head randomly? Anyway, I would be all for the trade.
    Knicks dont have one guard that they are committed to outside of Hardaway, and who knows - maybe Phil dont like him either. Remember, they have a brand new FO and coaching staff. When you look at the history of where guys like Gordon are traded (overpaid, big name guys), it is almost always to teams with new FO's and/or staffs. Knicks have been looking to move Shump according to reports. I doubt JR Smith is in their long terms plans and they want desperately to dump Felton. Hardaway is a nice scorer, but he is not ready to be a 35 min player yet.

And the X Factor is that the Knicks can say to Gordon's people - Hey, come to New York and be one of the main guys in our market and showcase yourself, then opt out and either get paid by us or someone else.

Is it likely? No. Possible? Yes. Same goes for Denver and McGee.

Knicks dont have one guard that they are committed to outside of Hardaway, and who knows - maybe Phil dont like him either. Remember, they have a brand new FO and coaching staff. When you look at the history of where guys like Gordon are traded (overpaid, big name guys), it is almost always to teams with new FO's and/or staffs. Knicks have been looking to move Shump according to reports. I doubt JR Smith is in their long terms plans and they want desperately to dump Felton. Hardaway is a nice scorer, but he is not ready to be a 35 min player yet.

And the X Factor is that the Knicks can say to Gordon's people - Hey, come to New York and be one of the main guys in our market and showcase yourself, then opt out and either get paid by us or someone else.

Is it likely? No. Possible? Yes. Same goes for Denver and McGee.
    I really liked Tyson when he was here and was sorry to see him go. I would take either he or McGee for Gordon.

Any chance Denver would trade Galo straight up for Gordon?

INglis similar to Aminu??

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Any chance Denver would trade Galo straight up for Gordon?

would like this or Chandler.

Maybe if they think danilo is not going to be much help and if they think his injury history will only get worse. I personally can't see it. Gordon for chandler i can't see it at all, 0%

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    would like this or Chandler.
    I like them both a lot also, danillo is the superior player, but also more expensive. I'd be happy with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Maybe if they think danilo is not going to be much help and if they think his injury history will only get worse. I personally can't see it. Gordon for chandler i can't see it at all, 0%
    That's what i'm saying, both gordon and danillo's contract are the same in length, both are injury prone, why not make the trade and if you luck out and gordon is healthy you have a SG, instead of just hoping ur SF gets healthy and then have a log jam at the SF. Just makes sense to me, idk.

The more I look at Patric Young, the more I like him.

Strong, athletic, looking to make his niche on the defensive end. I like Withey, but his body is what it is, and he lacks Young's quickness on the perimeter and P&R, which is what this team needs in a third big.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    The more I look at Patric Young, the more I like him.

Strong, athletic, looking to make his niche on the defensive end. I like Withey, but his body is what it is, and he lacks Young's quickness on the perimeter and P&R, which is what this team needs in a third big.
    If we somehow got a late first in the draft, GR3 and Patric Yound are the two guys I would hope we are targeting. That is, assuming Hood goes somewhere between 10-15.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Since this thread is all over the place (I'm partially to blame) so I may have missed this...

But what asset do we have available that someone would trade a pick in the 15-25 range for?

People would flip out if we traded Ryan for a pick. Possibly a pick and an expiring contract for Gordon? That seems like a lot for another team to give up for him. And I'm not sure I would take back salary beyond this season in a swap unless it was a player we could actually use.

Does Pierre, a 2nd round pick a year ago in a shallow draft, really get you a 1st round pick in a deep draft full of PGs?

We can't trade our 2015 1st, because we've already traded our 2014 1st and you can't trade picks in consecutive years.

Austin Rivers? Tyreke?

hmmm...Tyreke for a 1st...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Since this thread is all over the place (I'm partially to blame) so I may have missed this...

But what asset do we have available that someone would trade a pick in the 15-25 range for?

People would flip out if we traded Ryan for a pick. Possibly a pick and an expiring contract for Gordon? That seems like a lot for another team to give up for him. And I'm not sure I would take back salary beyond this season in a swap unless it was a player we could actually use.

Does Pierre, a 2nd round pick a year ago in a shallow draft, really get you a 1st round pick in a deep draft full of PGs?

We can't trade our 2015 1st, because we've already traded our 2014 1st and you can't trade picks in consecutive years.

Austin Rivers? Tyreke?

A top 3 pick? Maybe. Outside of the top three, I hope your kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Austin Rivers? Tyreke?

My understanding is that we can trade our 2015 pick now that the 2014 draft is over.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Right. Because if we won the lottery, we'd keeo our 2014 pick and automatically lose our 2015 one no matter where it would be.

Thread Information