Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Team Vets Hold Meeting After Loss To OKC

Wolves have more vets and their coach is a very experienced one. Much more experienced than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Wolves have more vets and their coach is very experienced one.
    We had 5 vets in a meeting last night didn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    It's hard to miss a short story length post in a thread that is barely more than one page. What parts of it do you agree with? Anything you disagree with?
    The funny thing is, even though i have no problem with long posts, it was suppose to be two sentences. To get a little personal, i go to sleep early last night and i wake up early this morning. I don't wanna wake my girlfriend up so i take the laptop to the bathroom. It's 5:30 in the morning and i get on to see what people had to say about the game last night.

I don't see how long it is until i click post. And once i did see how long it was i knew i would catch some for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out which one of us wasted more of our time....
    If you thought regardless of the length the post was garbage, and a waste of time, i have no problems with that. Like i said above, I'm up at 5:30, i post it about 6 something. I typed that in about 8-10 minutes while sitting on the throne, i wasted no time.

If you thought it was trash, i respect that and if you though it was to long, pretend you clicked a link to an article. If you thought it was too long and trash, pretend you clicked a link to a Bleacher Report article.
    Last edited by NemesisKING; 12-02-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post

They are vets but they're still not as old and experienced as the Wolves' vets. Only Mason fits that criteria.

They are vets but they're still not as old and experienced as the Wolves' vets. Only Mason fits that criteria.
    How do you explain last season?

How do you explain last season?
    You said we were talking about this season so why should I explain last season?

THIS season, the Wolves have vets such as Kirilenko, Josh Howard, Luke Ridnour, Barea. Those guys are either 30+ or knocking on 30's door.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Its not drivel. This team is 1-9 in the last 10 games. Injuries are part of the game. No excuse.

The effort defensively is terrible. Just terrible. Despite having the slowest pace in the league, the team has the worst defensive efficiency in the league. Fact is, they don't play hard consistently on that end of the floor especially when the offense is struggling. The bigs don't rebound well, the wing players don't rotate consistently, and this team is not even competitive on most nights.

Last season was much different. The team played hard, lost close games, were much better defensively and rebounding and this was despite having a ton of injuries to veterans. Guys stepped in and played hard. Its not happening this season. Its not just on Monty. The talent isn't that good either outside of the big 3 on this team. Alot of guys who should be clear backups are getting playing time, and they're stinking it up offensively and defensively.

There's evidence that this team doesn't play hard consistently especially when compared to last season.
    Drivel. Malcontentment that's just grabbing facts that fail to actually make this point other than "team bad, me mad."

Yes, you are mad. Yes, the team is bad. They were bad last year and the guy got extended. He's constantly praised as one of the best coaches in the NBA. He's more of a fact on this team than anyone, except Davis (when healthy). If anyone is losing anyone, some players may be losing themselves.

Being bad does not equate to the coach "losing" the team, not after 15 games. Get over it.

You said we were talking about this season so why should I explain last season?
    Because you don't have an answer for it? Right? Veteran presence is going to fix the Hornets problems this season and you know it.

Cherry picking. Won't work. As if all vets are created equally.

Everyone on this board should be insulted that you actually think someone would buy this junk, "guru." Go find some children who can't dispute your grab-bag of bags and misdirection.

Half of this team's salary is not playing.

Half.

Go find a comparison. Best of luck.

This team sucks. You just don't know why.

Because you don't have an answer for it? Right? Veteran presence is going to fix the Hornets problems this season and you know it.
    Asking people to answer irrelevant questions doesn't mean your original bad points aren't bad.

Try again.

Better players will fix the Hornet's problems this season. Aside from a couple guys returning from injury, I'm not expecting better players to appear on the team this season. Next season should bring on another good influx of talent and then we will start seeing some tangible results.

What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Cherry picking. Won't work. As if all vets are created equally.

Everyone on this board should be insulted that you actually think someone would buy this junk, "guru." Go find some children who can't dispute your grab-bag of bags and misdirection.

Half of this team's salary is not playing.

Half.

Go find a comparison. Best of luck.

This team sucks. You just don't know why.
    Never disagreed with the idea that the team sucks. The idea that veteran leadership makes this team better is silly. That was last seasons theme and it didn't do anything for the team.

This is a developing team. The kids on the team are trying to transition and find a role in the league. No amount of veterans are going to help without established talent and skill.

Better players will fix the Hornet's problems this season. Aside from a couple guys returning from injury, I'm not expecting better players to appear on the team this season. Next season should bring on another good influx of talent and then we will start seeing some tangible results.
    Ding, ding, ding.

I'm talking about this season. they were above .500 before Love returned. They played without Love and Rubio to start the season and lost Roy and Budinger in the process. There's no twisting of facts. The facts are in plain sight.
    I thought you were referring to last season. They have a lot of experienced veterans on that roster now and a lot more talent. We'll just agree to disagree, because I don't think anyone in the NBA is in our current situation, so there really is no comparison.

Would you not agree that most of the current, young players on this team should be "better players" next year after they get more experience? That's sort of how rebuilding with youth works... It requires patience, as Demps pointed out on draft night.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    The funny thing is, even though i have no problem with long posts, it was suppose to be two sentences. To get a little personal, i go to sleep early last night and i wake up early this morning. I don't wanna wake my girlfriend up so i take the laptop to the bathroom. It's 5:30 in the morning and i get on to see what people had to say about the game last night.

I don't see how long it is until i click post. And once i did see how long it was i knew i would catch some for it.

j

If you thought regardless of the length the post was garbage, and a waste of time, i have no problems with that. Like i said above, I'm up at 5:30, i post it about 6 something. I typed that in about 8-10 minutes while sitting on the throne, i wasted no time.

If you thought it was trash, i respect that and if you though it was to long, pretend you clicked a link to an article. If you thought it was too long and trash, pretend you clicked a link to a Bleacher Report article.
    ust to clarify, I don't think what you said is trash at all....I think its the total truth, but I also don't think it contained any new information....that's all I was getting at....the bottom line is that we are going to struggle winning ball games without the likes of Gordon and Davis at the same time....heck, we are going to have our share of problems even when they do play...
    Last edited by ramsters60; 12-02-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Asking people to answer irrelevant questions doesn't mean your original bad points aren't bad.

Try again.
    Just realized what I wrote. Should definitely be "isn't going to fix the Hornet's problems this season". Talent is a huge issue even with Davis and Gordon in the line up. All they'll do is mask some of it. But at the end of the day, There are too many problems to overcome and talent is a huge one at that. We're just finding that out really early in the season.

We have a very young team with 2 of it's best players missing. Pair that with a young coach who is also learning. 3 years being a head coach isn't a whole lot of experience.

Drivel. Malcontentment that's just grabbing facts that fail to actually make this point other than "team bad, me mad."

Yes, you are mad. Yes, the team is bad. They were bad last year and the guy got extended. He's constantly praised as one of the best coaches in the NBA. He's more of a fact on this team than anyone, except Davis (when healthy). If anyone is losing anyone, some players may be losing themselves.

Being bad does not equate to the coach "losing" the team, not after 15 games. Get over it.
    Sugar coating it won't hide the facts.

The team was bad last year, but more competitive during games. That's a fact and that was with massive amounts on injuries and no Ryan Anderson who is a very good player.

If a player is a "losing" it mentally, isn't it the coaches job to help get more focused? I'm not saying Monty is a bad coach, but he's not having the same effect on this team compared to last season right now. This team is easily getting blown out, not playing any defense at all compared to last season's team. The talent level is poor. Outside of Anderson, everyone else are backup type players, but was it that much different last season especially when most of the veterans were injured?

Its easy to say everything is going to be ok, but there's no evidence of that right now, there's no evidence of Davis and Gordon coming back anytime soon, and no evidence that Monty will get the rest of the guys to respond.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Would you not agree that most of the current, young players on this team should be "better players" next year after they get more experience? That's sort of how rebuilding with youth works... It requires patience, as Demps pointed out on draft night.
    I could see Rivers improving and maybe Miller even though he's a role player at best, but guys like Vasquez, Aminu, Henry, and even Lopez probably won't because they don't have alot of upside. Smith has improved but even he's still probably a backup type player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Sugar coating it won't hide the facts.

The team was bad last year, but more competitive during games. That's a fact and that was with massive amounts on injuries and no Ryan Anderson who is a very good player.

If a player is a "losing" it mentally, isn't it the coaches job to help get more focused? I'm not saying Monty is a bad coach, but he's not having the same effect on this team compared to last season right now. This team is easily getting blown out, not playing any defense at all compared to last season's team. The talent level is poor. Outside of Anderson, everyone else are backup type players, but was it that much different last season especially when most of the veterans were injured?

Its easy to say everything is going to be ok, but there's no evidence of that right now, there's no evidence of Davis and Gordon coming back anytime soon, and no evidence that Monty will get the rest of the guys to respond.
    Zero-sugar coating. You are just ignoring facts that don't fit your decided-upon theory and flailing about because someone noticed.

The lack of faith on here is sad. Am i going to pretend Monty has done a perfect job thus far? No; i question some of the rotations hes been using and his reluctance to play his rookies a little more. This is a rebuilding year dudes; i think ppl expected way too much this season. So many ppl were doubtful of the team before this season; the minute we go 3-2 ppl are overjoyed like we have become a playoff contender. We are young, we've got some raw young talent, slow the **** down take a deep breath.

Zero-sugar coating. You are just ignoring facts that don't fit your decided-upon theory and flailing about because someone noticed.
    I'm not flailing anything. I presented facts which shows how the team is worse than last season in certain areas, especially in effort areas and you're pretending to show me some facts which you really haven't. What, the talent is really bad? That Monty is a well-respected coach? We all know that. No one is saying otherwise. Its obvious without Davis and Gordon, this team stinks, but this team stunk last season as well yet showed positive effort in defensive metrics. This team isn't doing that at all. In fact, its the worst defensive team in the league. That's a fact. Evidence shows it, despite playing a really slow pace. Guys aren't doing what they're supposed to on the floor and there is certain areas where effort is lagging meaning, this team isn't focused or playing hard on a consistent level.

You cherry picked.

Thread Information