Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Clippers Game Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Wow, CP3 said he thinks Vasquez is on his way to being an all star. High praise from the best PG in the NBA.

What website do you use to get that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Wow, CP3 said he thinks Vasquez is on his way to being an all star. High praise from the best PG in the NBA.
    Yeah, I caught that too... Very interesting. Vasquez has really stepped his game up the last couple of games. I love the way he is playing right now. If he can give us this consistently, he and Rivers at the point is 100% okay with me. I think our main focus should be upgrading the SF or C position. An elite SF, though, would put this team over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    What website do you use to get that?
    It's on the Hornets homepage. First story there's a quotes link

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Yeah, I caught that too... Very interesting. Vasquez has really stepped his game up the last couple of games. I love the way he is playing right now. If he can give us this consistently, he and Rivers at the point is 100% okay with me. I think our main focus should be upgrading the SF or C position. An elite SF, though, would put this team over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Is that Eric Gordon??
    wow i hope this is a sign E. Gordon is waking up out of his basketball coma, to get passionate about playing basketball this season

good win hornets

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    interesting read on the post game quotes... Chris Paul says he still watches every Hornets game
    i think he misses the good living and the food in the south and real people instead of the fake people in LA...you never know what you miss until gone

Looks like a faster, smarter Aminu with a better jumpshot, i'll take it. Gerald Wallace Jr.

"That's not a good team that beat us tonight, they are just well coached. We can't be losing to BAD teams like that".

he also said this lol

Just want to say how impressed ive been with Roberts play this season. He comes in and does his job night in and night out, and if his shot keeps on staying consistent then I have no problem with him staying on this team for this year and the next.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    "That's not a good team that beat us tonight, they are just well coached. We can't be losing to BAD teams like that".

he also said this lol
    Source?

Great win tonight! Hope Gordon is understanding that he can put that team on another level when he´s playing! Plus Davis! Imagine the Clippers suck this season and CP3 comes back home! This team would be too good!

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride

he also said this lol
    the actual Quote is: “They’re a team that people would say isn’t very talented, but they’re well coached. I watch them play every game, and one thing about Monty [Williams], is if you play for him you’re going to play hard. If you watch their games, they’ve been in overtimes and only had a couple of blowouts. Grievis Vasquez was feeling good tonight. I think he’s on the way to his first All-Star game. With them playing like that, we can’t wait until the fourth quarter to turn it on.”

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Hornets vs. Clippers Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post

he also said this lol
    ESPN quoted him saying this. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354032644.857796.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	4438

Shut up Chris Paul.

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    all star Greivis... obviously wont be but does make you wonder what some people on here expect, cops it most games on the forum

More game pics.

I watched that game until 3 this morning and did some laughing at Jason Smith and how it looked like he was enjoying the heck out of himself. After that little tussle with Matt Barnes Jason was staring him down like "you must not know who I am".

Welp,
    I think we expect what coach expects. Monty said this after the game: " Obviously, guys had big numbers: Jason [Smith], Austin [Rivers] off the bench, and Greivis [Vasquez], with his double-double, almost had a triple-double with the turnovers. "

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    ESPN quoted him saying this. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354032644.857796.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	4438
    I don't even care about what he said talent wise cuz lets face it....right at this moment (no AD or EG) its true. What speaks volumes is that he watches every Hornets game....and he knows how well coached the Hornets are, how hard they play and how they commit on D. CP3 has always appreciated all of those things and he still is close to Monty.

To me it speaks volumes of what he thinks about that coaching staff in L.A. I may be reading into it too much but...he seems to really not like the fact that HE has to be the only person to really push the rest of the team when it should start with coaching. When CP3 was here with Monty one thing we were was consistant. That roster was not talented especially not as talented as we are right now...but we got to the playoffs and gave the Lakers a run with pretty much a CP3 running a D-League squad. If you would have given CP3 a supporting cast of AD, Ryno, Lopez, Rivers, Aminu, Miller and EG (well a healthy EG) you can't tell me he would have left.

I think CP3 sees the fact now that yes....he's in a big market, has more talent around him than he had here, but it means nothing if your coach cant get the whole team to commit and play hard regardless of wins and losses. They can get to the playoffs on talent alone but you won't last that long....as he saw last yr. Del Negro is just not a guy that can get that commitment out of a team. Monty is. I guarentee you if Monty had that Clippers squad they would have been in the WCF last year at least. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if CP3 decided to walk if they dont get farther in the playoffs this yr. I wouldnt expect him to come back here...just saying that if he leaves I would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Welp,
    I think we expect what coach expects. Monty said this after the game: " Obviously, guys had big numbers: Jason [Smith], Austin [Rivers] off the bench, and Greivis [Vasquez], with his double-double, almost had a triple-double with the turnovers. "
    Haha, I love the subtle dig at Vasquez's high TO rate. Monty is hilarious.

As a side note, is anyone else excited for the scoring our second unit will bring between Rivers, Roberts, Anderson (once Davis returns), and Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    I don't even care about what he said talent wise cuz lets face it....right at this moment (no AD or EG) its true. What speaks volumes is that he watches every Hornets game....and he knows how well coached the Hornets are, how hard they play and how they commit on D. CP3 has always appreciated all of those things and he still is close to Monty.

To me it speaks volumes of what he thinks about that coaching staff in L.A. I may be reading into it too much but...he seems to really not like the fact that HE has to be the only person to really push the rest of the team when it should start with coaching. When CP3 was here with Monty one thing we were was consistant. That roster was not talented especially not as talented as we are right now...but we got to the playoffs and gave the Lakers a run with pretty much a CP3 running a D-League squad. If you would have given CP3 a supporting cast of AD, Ryno, Lopez, Rivers, Aminu, Miller and EG (well a healthy EG) you can't tell me he would have left.

I think CP3 sees the fact now that yes....he's in a big market, has more talent around him than he had here, but it means nothing if your coach cant get the whole team to commit and play hard regardless of wins and losses. They can get to the playoffs on talent alone but you won't last that long....as he saw last yr. Del Negro is just not a guy that can get that commitment out of a team. Monty is. I guarentee you if Monty had that Clippers squad they would have been in the WCF last year at least. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if CP3 decided to walk if they dont get farther in the playoffs this yr. I wouldnt expect him to come back here...just saying that if he leaves I would understand.
    All that means is that if he could have Monty coach him in L.A. he'd love it. He knows what to say when the mic/recorder is in his face. I hope he's with Del Negro and Sterling for quite a while.

In other news, I'll bet Clippers' fans really dislike Jason Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    All that means is that if he could have Monty coach him in L.A. he'd love it. He knows what to say when the mic/recorder is in his face. I hope he's with Del Negro and Sterling for quite a while.

I doubt Del Negro will be here next yr. If they don't get to the WCF but they want to keep CP3 they'll have to dump him. But like you said Sterling is involved....and we know how cheap he can be. I actually am wondering if Sterling is gonna wanna pay CP3 that SuperMax contract he's up for next season. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post

I think Smith should embrace a bad guy role, the Bill Laimbeer type of thing where opposing teams hate you. He could be pretty good at it.

"Smith is such a dirty player."-Clips fan

"I swear, he's drunk."-Clips fan

Monty...
    "is exactly the kind of coach we need for this team. A coach with balls, and who gets toughness out of his players. Not this soft, entitled crap we’re sitting through right now."-Clips fan

"I want to kill Jason Smith"-Clips fan

"just punch smith on the face"-Clips fan

"seriously if Barnes hits Smith i don’t care if we lose"-Clips fan

"Barnes gets game ball for that
    F Jason Smith"-Clips fan

"Jason Smith, the ultimatum of a d-bag"-Clips fan

Thread Information