Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans @ Lakers Gameday Thread

Davis just let Sacre school him in the post.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    At least some team from New Orleans won today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    What's a 12 point the lead in the nba? We are just going to agree to disagree.
    Our 2nd unit needs quality minutes where they will be challenged and need to step up.

Would you rather they go through that now against a horrible Laker team and a huge lead or against a better team with the game on the line?

How many games have we lost because our 2nd unit having trouble closing qtrs out? If we are ever going to DEVELOP a bench we have to go through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    At least some team from New Orleans won today.
    Pelicans lose to good teams and beat the bad teams. Saints do the opposite.

Western conference road wins always welcome. Even against the LA Fakers.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Even against the LA Fakers.
    ooooh burn

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    ooooh burn
    Even Nicholson left early

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    What's a 12 point the lead in the nba? We are just going to agree to disagree.
    It's amazing to me that there are still people around here that support Monty and the illogical basketball decisions that we see him make on a nightly basis. I can understand him wanting to play some of his bench players but that does not mean all 5 players on the court need to be bench players two of which have just joined the team in the last week or two.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Pelicans lose to good teams and beat the bad teams. Saints do the opposite.
    Taking care of the bad teams is great. That was the formula for the 07-08 squad. That team only had like 4 losses or so to either sub-.500 or non-playoff teams, can't remember which one. And they went about even with the rest.

Congrats everyone.. Good win

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    wtf is monty saving the starters for? lmao i don't get it.
    The bench players need to develop continuity. ....RELAX

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That hustle by Cunningham.
    I think he showed more of what he can do tonight.... loads of hustle and he just looks hungry to me.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I love getting on these threads after the games and watching how the conversation develops. Mythrol vs. the starters was great.
    But yeah I liked seeing the second unit get some burn. I'm liking Mekel's game minus that disgusting looking shot form (it goes in sometimes).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    This is the Jrue Holiday I was looking for since we got him. He has to play more like this.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    This is the Jrue Holiday I was looking for since we got him. He has to play more like this.
    It was the Lakers tho. Any big performance should be taken somewhat with a grain of salt

My personal early returns of Cunningham is like a higher IQ, more offensively skilled, focused Aminu. He's not a prototypical offensive 3 but has good physical tools & hustle to defend the position at least. He also seems to understand offensive spacing and finding the open areas for his mid-range shot within the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    This. Some guys got mad at me for comparing him to Greivis last game, but I wasn't comparing at all. I was just saying offensively Jrue hasn't provided consistency nor has he been the MASSIVE offensive upgrade everyone said he would be. Well, I ate my Crowe tonight. Granted, there wasn't much talent guarding him, but I'd really like to see him turn in consistent performances like this.

Evans and Rivers were awful defensively again. Pretty much every Evans attempt was followed by a defensive failure at the other end, either directly or indirectly. Rivers wasn't much different.

With that said, Rivers is better when he isn't asked to run the offense, still, he is hampered by low IQ(taking that three when Ryno had a guard on him right in front of him almost made me throw something). It would just be nice if he could take smarter shots and hit his jumpers.

Jrue looked like a guard worthy of two first round picks and 11 million a year tonight. If he can be consistent with this type of performance instead of the hot/cold streak it will go a long way.

Davis is Davis. Guy is a beast. I just wish we would take advantage of teams double teaming him more. He has shown in limited usage that he can make good decisions on the double team, lets use that Monty!!

It was nice to see Ryno make that extra pass several times. It is something that has been lacking in his game most of the season.

Love Mekel. But I am concerned with him once defenses realize that he can't shoot. It will limit his passing lanes and teams will try and force his hand to shoot. Thankfully his limited usage with Dallas suggest he can finish near the rim, but not much else.

DjPaul saying Cunningham is like a smarter Aminu is dead on. I would add that in his limited time he is also more consistent. Aminu just seemed like he hit the bong a few too many times before games and would get lazy for streaks.

I hope we can build some momentum toward Dallas, but I just hope we don't get high on ourselves against lesser competition and forget that these tougher teams aren't going to give up the easy buckets we got tonight.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-07-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzmanD View Post
    It's amazing to me that there are still people around here that support Monty and the illogical basketball decisions that we see him make on a nightly basis. I can understand him wanting to play some of his bench players but that does not mean all 5 players on the court need to be bench players two of which have just joined the team in the last week or two.
    You do realize this is the EXACT reason you get the unit some time together against an awful Lakers team right?

Yeah I am fine with leaving the second unit out there against the Lakers. If it was a playoff caliber team, no, I would want to start rolling some starters back in, starting with the hot hands or pulling the weak links but we have to get these guys some playing time together. Mekel especially if we are asking him to be the sole offensive second unit point guard.

Hope the Babbitt knee sprain isn't too serious...the starting 5 seemed to be developing better chemistry with him.

I'd feel less confident about the Knicks game with Babbitt out honestly. Just because of having another reshuffled lineup and rotation.

Has Monty ever been asked why we leave the starters out for so long after the game's decided? Is it part of just getting the reps in and forming chemistry? Just seems weird that up 21 with less than three minutes left you should feel okay about pulling them but he doesn't. The risk of injury is small but the positive of leaving them seems much smaller. It's certainly not a huge deal but I don't see coaches do that often when they're up big, sometimes when they're down big they will. I know I've seen people asking about this in the past. Has he ever actually been asked that before though?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Has Monty ever been asked why we leave the starters out for so long after the game's decided? Is it part of just getting the reps in and forming chemistry? Just seems weird that up 21 with less than three minutes left you should feel okay about pulling them but he doesn't. The risk of injury is small but the positive of leaving them seems much smaller. It's certainly not a huge deal but I don't see coaches do that often when they're up big, sometimes when they're down big they will. I know I've seen people asking about this in the past. Has he ever actually been asked that before though?
    Don't know. Thibs has the same philosophy in Chicago, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You do realize this is the EXACT reason you get the unit some time together against an awful Lakers team right?
    I agree with you. Monty keeping the bench in after the Lakers went on that run was the right thing to do. If it had gotten closer, then I'm sure he would have pulled them, but he gave em a shot to turn it around and widen the gap and they did. Considering our bench is our biggest weakness, giving them as many minutes as we safely can is the thing to do.

Of course, most fans aren't gonna want to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzmanD View Post
    It's amazing to me that there are still people around here that support Monty and the illogical basketball decisions that we see hhuiim make on a nightly basis. I can understand him wanting to play some of his bench players but that does not mean all 5 players on the court need to be bench players two of which have just joined the team in the last week or two.
    We got a blowout win on the road, and got to run the whole bench for extended minutes.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Thread Information