Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rajon Rondo wants what?

Rumor Rajon Rondo wants what?

Per The Bird Writes, rumor has it Rajon Rondo wants a 2 year $16 million contract.

Pay um.

Dude is the closest thing to Sam Cassell that this generation is witnessing.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Per The Bird Writes, rumor has it Rajon Rondo wants a 2 year $16 million contract.

Pay um.

I'll be surprised if he gets more than 5M from any team.

When I think of how much Rondo means to the team, I automatically think of the Portland playoff game when late 4th quarter he was on the bench while Jrue was running the point. After about 3-4 consecutive bad possessions and to's our lead was slipping away. AD started to signal to the coaches and bench to get Rondo back in the game. He came back and stabilized the unit and we pulled off a win. Anyway dude brings so much leadership and confidence to the group and especially AD. I don't see how we don't fight to keep our floor general..

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I'll be surprised if he gets more than 5M from any team.
    Me too. That’s how Sam Cassell’s career played out as well. He was always worth of a nice long term contract, but he never got it.

I would give him 5 years per but I know when it comes down to it that if Dell wants someone he doesn’t mind overpaying.

Pay um.

That’s a great player comparison of Rondo to Sam Cassell.

I guess Rondo kind of knows that he is a good situation to end his career at and no bird rights to help him out. He trying to go out in style. 8 million a year for a borderline HOF PG that shows up in the Playoff. If 8 million is his high.. I wonder where he settles at...

What can we offer...6? Probably 6.

Sam had a jumper though...

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Sam had a jumper though...
    In a pinch give me Rajon and his ability to creat over that ET lookin Sam I Am.

Don't see how we can give him more than 2 years/$11 million-ish (equivalent to taxpayer MLE).

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Don't see how we can give him more than 2 years/$11 million-ish (equivalent to taxpayer MLE).
    Yeah me neither that’s more than fair. However, I can’t blame him for aiming high. I want 16 mil too lol.

I mentioned in other threads herein that I just couldn't see Rondo taking as little as some of the people here thought. From his perspective, he came here on a prove it type contract of 3.3 mil. He did that because he had a buyout in hand, and in all likelihood felt he could position himself for a bigger payday. I think he earned it. There is no denying the he makes Jrue and AD better.

It's apparent that Carr is insurance for Rondo leaving

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I think he stays, I think we pay him 6-7 mill or maybe give him 16 mil over 3 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I think you misspelled “ The Janitor”.

I think he's negotiating. Of course he's not gonna come out and say he wants $3.92 million(Non-bird) or $5.2 million (Taxpayer MLE). He's going to the highest possible benchmark which would be the full MLE, about $8.4 million. I can't imagine he ends up getting that. I think the most we end up paying him is the taxpayer MLE but most likely he gets the $3.92 million
    Welcome to be here

Me too. That’s how Sam Cassell’s career played out as well. He was always worth of a nice long term contract, but he never got it.

But Casell could shoot

Check what was the source first.
    It was expected to see at this time:
    "Player x is looking for x millions".

He is not worth this contract.
    Also Pels dont have money to surpass 5.4.

Heck. If they lose Boogie they will have bigger hole to fill than paying $8m.

No inside there but Pels are not able to pay him more than $3.9m.
    Take it or it is time to say goodbye.

Give him a longer deal and he'll take 4 million to start. Something like 3 years/13 million looks good for both sides to me.

I think you misspelled “ The Janitor”.

Ofcourse that's Rondo's opening request. Full MLE. Then we counter with "You know no other team is going to give you the full reins like we do. 4m/yr." then we go back and forth a bit and offer him the tax payer MLE and he decides if he wants that or Wants a money grab.

I also wouldn't be in a rush to resign him and would play out the Cousins deal 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Ofcourse that's Rondo's opening request. Full MLE. Then we counter with "You know no other team is going to give you the full reins like we do. 4m/yr." then we go back and forth a bit and offer him the tax payer MLE and he decides if he wants that or Wants a money grab.

I also wouldn't be in a rush to resign him and would play out the Cousins deal 1st.

Yep that’s sounds like the plan. My thing is that no playoff team will offer as much as us that he can start on and let him run the team. This is an ideal spot for him and he knows that. He’s just negotiating which is normal.

It will take the full taxpayer MLE, but Rondo will be back...

Make a trade for a SF and we will be set

I'm not surprised.

When your General Manager makes it a point to scream into a microphone every chance he can that it is a priority to resign Cousins and Rondo then of course they are going to leverage their position.

I think it also should be pointed out that trying to negotiate the beat contract for yourself is perfectly acceptable.

You know what considering what they've paid some of our infamous underachievers like our good friend Mr. Omer Asik I think what
    he's asking is a bargain in NBA dollars. Have any of you seen the salaries these days? Look what Ryan Anderson is stealing from the
    Rockets per season.

Thread Information