Pelicans Report

Thread: One trade to fix it all

Trade Idea One trade to fix it all

Cleveland in: Greg Monroe
    Cleveland out: Channing Frye, Jae Crowder, Cedi Osman

Phoenix in: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca, Cedi Osman, Channing Frye, Etwaun Moore, NO 1st rd pick.
    Phoenix out: Tyson Chandler, Greg Monroe, Troy Daniels

New Orleans in: Tyson Chandler, Jae Crowder, Troy Daniels
    New Orleans out: Omer Asik, Alexis Ajinca, Etwaun Moore,1st rd pick

Why for Cleveland?
    They have been rumored interested in Greg Monroe. He is a talented center that can help them with rebounds and interior scoring, 2 of their weaknesses. Crowder hasn't worked out in Cleveland and it's hard to see how he's even getting as many minutes as he is right now, with Cleveland being loaded on the wings.

Why for Phoenix?
    They buyout Asik and Osman. Frye is a familiar vet that has played there before and an expiring. Moore is a good young veteran backup guard. Most importantly they get the 1st rd pick. And go into the offseason with 3 first rd picks in the draft.

Why for us?
    We fill all needs, backup big , 3 and D SF, and a sharp shooter.

Rondo/Nelson/Frank
    Jrue/Daniels/Allen/Clark
    Crowder/Miller/(Hill split minutes with Crowder upon return)
    AD/Diallo/Cunningham
    Boogie/Chandler

That's a deep roster especially when Hill returns and if Diallo can continue to improve.

Thoughts?

Phx has to give up a way too much to get our pick from 20-30 and Moore who may or may not be in the rotation

They say no straight away

Cleveland says no as you wipe away most of their thin SF rotation (Bron being the PF)

I love it for us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Phx has to give up a way too much to get our pick from 20-30 and Moore who may or may not be in the rotation

They say no straight away

Cleveland says no as you wipe away most of their thin SF rotation (Bron being the PF)
    Phoenix is giving up 2 guys that want out (even though Chandler said he'd never say that publicly). They are deciding whether to buy out or trade Monroe. They are trying to trade Chandler. Phoenix is really giving up nothing of value to them. And maybe they think our pick will be more 15-20. Moore would immediately be their 2nd best guard on the team. And with 3 1st rd picks, they can trade up.
    They can either buyout Monroe, let Chandler expire next season, and get no 1st rd pick. Or trade them, use the buyout money on Asik, Ajinca and get a 1st rd pick and a backup guard who's contract is an asset as it gets smaller. Remember they traded Bledsoe for a pick that may end up in the same area as ours.

Thin SF rotation? They have crazy depth on the wings Smith/Shumpert/Korver/Wade/Lebron. Lebron is playing the 4 out of necessity because of them being thin on bigs with Thompson out. He started the season as the 3. They have Love/Green to cover the 4. Kevin Love and Frye are their only bigs. Monroe would move LeBron back to the 3.
    It also opens up 2 roster spots for Cleveland for them to use their trade exceptions or pickup buy out players as they like to do.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 11-20-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Lol, Cleveland doesnt want center that cant play defense and doesnt help them in matchup against GSW, especialy if they give up Crowder. Crowder has probably best contract in NBA... 3years, 21 millions is contract that is given to a much worse players then him. Also he helps them against GSW as they can throw one more body at Durant, and he is great 3&D guy. Monroe doesnt help them at all, he isnt good at defense, hes low post scoring isnt anything special, and his rebounding is mediocre. They dont want to play thompson a lot, and he at least helps a lot at rebounding and defense. I wouldnt do that if im Cleveland even if u include that 1st pick..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    Lol, Cleveland doesnt want center that cant play defense and doesnt help them in matchup against GSW, especialy if they give up Crowder. Crowder has probably best contract in NBA... 3years, 21 millions is contract that is given to a much worse players then him. Also he helps them against GSW as they can throw one more body at Durant, and he is great 3&D guy. Monroe doesnt help them at all, he isnt good at defense, hes low post scoring isnt anything special, and his rebounding is mediocre. They dont want to play thompson a lot, and he at least helps a lot at rebounding and defense. I wouldnt do that if im Cleveland even if u include that 1st pick..
    So we're clear. I'm not making up Cleveland's interest in Monroe
    http://uproxx.com/dimemag/cleveland-...-phoenix-suns/

Edit: Also, I agree with everything you said about Crowder. But look at his stats, watch the games, he's not fitting in there. At least not right now. He's playing bad on both ends.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 11-20-2017 at 11:42 AM.

The Franchise
    I kinda like it. I'd really like to know is Asik is going to medically retire before giving up a first but if I had to make the move today, I like it.

Banned
    DC goes to the Cavs or the Thunder.
    He needs players around him that make him respect leadership and become part of a UNIT not the UNIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    DC goes to the Cavs or the Thunder.
    He needs players around him that make him respect leadership and become part of a UNIT not the UNIT.
    I agree with the second part. That's why I'm so big on Tyson Chandler, he's never played with such a respectable big that can show him the ropes on and off the court. Neither has AD. AD has his disappearing moments and moments where he isn't totally focused as well.

Trading Okafor, Jack and Ariza, before AD's rookie season was actually a damaging move for this franchise in hindsight. That veteran leadership would've been huge for him learning the game and establishing a culture early. But that's another conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Phoenix is giving up 2 guys that want out (even though Chandler said he'd never say that publicly). They are deciding whether to buy out or trade Monroe. They are trying to trade Chandler. Phoenix is really giving up nothing of value to them. And maybe they think our pick will be more 15-20. Moore would immediately be their 2nd best guard on the team. And with 3 1st rd picks, they can trade up.
    They can either buyout Monroe, let Chandler expire next season, and get no 1st rd pick. Or trade them, use the buyout money on Asik, Ajinca and get a 1st rd pick and a backup guard who's contract is an asset as it gets smaller. Remember they traded Bledsoe for a pick that may end up in the same area as ours.

Thin SF rotation? They have crazy depth on the wings Smith/Shumpert/Korver/Wade/Lebron. Lebron is playing the 4 out of necessity because of them being thin on bigs with Thompson out. He started the season as the 3. They have Love/Green to cover the 4. Kevin Love and Frye are their only bigs. Monroe would move LeBron back to the 3.
    It also opens up 2 roster spots for Cleveland for them to use their trade exceptions or pickup buy out players as they like to do.
    Monroe is off the books very soon and Chandler 1 year later

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Monroe is off the books very soon and Chandler 1 year later
    True but it would be cheaper to buyout Asik and Ajinca than to pay them. And they wouldn't get a 1st by letting them expire.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/11/20/suns...e-or-alex-len/

Prying Rodney Hood from the Jazz helps us alot
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Prying Rodney Hood from the Jazz helps us alot
    This right here is my dream trade. He would be absolutely perfect here playing SF while also being able to play SG. Utah is bringing him off the bench and definitely does not use him enough and like he should be. This guy would be scoring 18 ppg here easy shooting 40%+ from 3 easily. We would be a perfect fit for him as well being a guaranteed starter and a skill set we desperately need on the wing.

With the talent coming out of college these next 2 years 1st picks is a must keep.

Thread Information