Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gordon's first contact practice went well

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Gordon's first contact practice went well

Per John Reid:
    Hornets guard Eric Gordon's first contact practice since October went well Monday.Story coming soon on NOLA.com
    and the story:

New Orleans Hornets shooting guard Eric Gordon was so excited Monday about participating in his first full-contact practice since October that he showed up work two hours early. Other needing more conditioning work, Gordon practiced for two hours at the New Orleans Arena without having any problems or restrictions.

Gordon has missed all 27 games this season because of a patella tendon disorder and bone bruise in his right knee, which required arthroscopic surgery last season that forced him miss all but nine games.

Although Gordon's first practice went off without a hitch, there remains no set timetable on his return. However, Gordon said he hopes to play in one of the final three games scheduled before this month ends. Coach Monty Williams said Gordon will not play Wednesday night against the Orlando Magic.

``I felt pretty good,'' Gordon said after Monday's practice.``I was just ready to get out there with the guys. It was full contact and I participated in every thing. Now it’s just the conditioning part.''

It was only Gordon's third contact practice he has participated in since training camp began this past October. He participated in two contact practices before the Hornets opened the regular season against the San Antonio Spurs, but he did not play because of recurring problems with his knee.

Before rejoining the team Saturday, Gordon had been in Los Angeles since early November going through extensive rehabilitation work to strengthen his knee.

``He looked pretty good out there at attacking the basket,'' Williams said after Monday's practice. ``He looked pretty encouraging, but we'll see how he feels tomorrow.''

More coming....
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...d_eric_43.html

I hope I'm excited for something "real" this time, and it's not just a repeat of Opening Night again.

Monty is tired of the BS...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Glad there's no ambiguity about whether he'll play Wednesday. I'm sure the REAL reason he isn't playing is so they can see if his knee does something funky again.

You don't really get in game shape until you actually play some.

Really hope we look into a adding a D League team in the near future. Spurs have mastered it and they always use it in situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by QPon20 View Post
    Really hope we look into a adding a D League team in the near future. Spurs have mastered it and they always use it in situations like this.
    There's a lot of teams that "share" d league teams.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    There's a lot of teams that "share" d league teams.
    Yes? Actually owning one gives you an upperhand in injured player recovery and player development though. With the shared D League team your sending your guys to people you don't necessarily know well and way out of state. When the NBA team owns the dleague team, they select the FO, Head Coach, etc... and it's usually located right up the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I hope I'm excited for something "real" this time, and it's not just a repeat of Opening Night again.
    It would be perfect if we could showcase his skills, that he's healthy, and then trade him for decent value before this nonsense happens again next year.

I firmly believe that Gordon is the 4th best 2 guard living on planet Earth today, and I was all for signing him long-term... But this situation has just gotten too scary. The guy has absolutely no PR skills, no personality, is ridiculously injury prone, and I'm worried that next year this crap would happen again.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

Quote Originally Posted by QPon20 View Post
    Yes? Actually owning one gives you an upperhand in injured player recovery and player development though. With the shared D League team your sending your guys to people you don't necessarily know well and way out of state. When the NBA team owns the dleague team, they select the FO, Head Coach, etc... and it's usually located right up the road.
    Well with out med staff, I'd almost praise letting all of our players go out of state for help

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Well with out med staff, I'd almost praise letting all of our players go out of state for help
    In fairness to our med staff, the "legendary" Phoenix guys obviously checked Puddin Poutypants out and gave the OK to offer him big money.

After hearing the real story about Gordon, I think the Puddin comments are getting old.

Re: Gordon's first contact practice went well

After hearing the real story about Gordon, I think the Puddin comments are getting old.
    I don't think you quite understand how long some on this board can hold a grudge.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, Gordon is a prince of a fella. Charismatic as they come - delighted to be here.

And we all know how incompetent Demps and Monty are and how they're considered by multiple NBA observers to be the worst young GM/HC tandem in the league....

... oh wait, none of what I just typed is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    Yeah, Gordon is a prince of a fella. Charismatic as they come - delighted to be here.
    Oh you know him? My bad. Dude hasn't said anything bad about the city or the organization. Dudes been injured, the team knew his history, signed him. Dont blame Gordon for being forced to play hardball and coming out on top. His injuries suck and it's frustrating, but I'm pretty sure the guy would rather to be playing than not.

I just ignore people that call him "Puddin" and other things like that.

It's clear they have an agenda, if you take the time to understand it's pretty clear what's going on with the Gordon situation but they'd rather keep bagging on the guy because they hold agenda's like 16 year old girls.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 12-24-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet View Post
    The guy has absolutely no PR skills
    No way, he's one of the best pick and roll guards in the game...ohthatsnotwhatyoumeantnevermind.

the "real" story? that one article with a different perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHornet
    And we all know how incompetent Demps and Monty are and how they're considered by multiple NBA observers to be the worst young GM/HC tandem in the league....
    You do realize the same guy you're slurping, signed Gordon to his current contract, right? You do realize Monty, Dell and this organization needs Gordon to pan out so they can coninue looking smart, right? Dell and Monty are still in the good graces of the fans and most around the league, but if this goes south quickly then I doubt they hold that esteem quite as well. You attitude towards our team is downright baffling at times.

I just ignore people that call him "Puddin" and other things like that.

It's clear they have an agenda, if you take the time to understand it's pretty clear what's going on with the Gordon situation but they'd rather keep bagging on the guy because they hold agenda's like 16 year old girls.
    I don't think people realize how much Gordon not panning out will set our franchise back. He's the one legit all-star type player we have right now. Do i expect miracles when he comes back? No, but i expect after we add another piece or two in conjunction with Gordon we will be in a pretty bright spot.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 12-24-2012 at 05:21 PM.

There are a lot of guys who could come to a team and help you offensively, or help you defensively.

Gordon is one of the very rare players that if he's playing up to the level we expect from him, he'll help tremendously on both sides of the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I don't think you quite understand how long some on this board can hold a grudge.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    The "Puddin" stuff didn't just begin when he came to New Orleans. He was "Puddin" with the Clippers too. Not to mention Illinois fans aren't too fond of him either.

The "Puddin" stuff has followed him for quite a while now.

Everyone will change their opinion on him after his first game winning shot

I think everyone here thinks he's a great player. A top 5 SG in the league (when he plays). Thats the guy thats played 9 games. "Puddin" is the guy that's missed the other 82 and pretty much did the same with the Clippers.

Didn't that already happen last year in Phoenix?

As long as he comes back healthy and helps the team win, all will be forgiven. If the injuries continue to mount, he will be public enemy number one.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information