Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AD officially listed as day-to-day with adductor strain

I don't know about the medical stuff but what I do know is that AD is only good for about 60 games a year.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    So, apparently you skipped the post above that goes into detail about why all strains are tears. Muscle can stretch and when it cannot stretch any farther it tears and is called a strain. You sir, can move on if you think you know something that you are clearly misinformed about. If you would like to explain to me why I am wrong feel free to try. I will be waiting...
    No, not all strains are tears. Just because you pull a hamstring doesn't mean you've torn it. But you will miss time. Multiple links were provided saying as much, including your own.

But like I said, you win the Internets. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No, not all strains are tears.
    Yes, they are. Why are they not. Please explain the pathophysiology of muscle strain to me to demonstrate why I am wrong.

Multiple links were provided saying as much, including your own.
    I explained why they say what they do, so again, in most definitions sprains and strains are lumped together for easier explanation for less knowledgeable people (this happens a lot in explaining complex things). So once again, sprains are stretching OR tearing of ligaments. Strains are tears of muscles. Both are graded 1 through 3. Grade 1 strains are tears that involve a minimal number of muscle fibers.

But like I said, you win the Internets. Congrats.
    This never gets old. I'm laughing sooooo hard. See --->>>

You and Tinman called me out. I am just defending my statement that all strains are tears. Prove me wrong if you can.

Back to AD, he does seem to be injury prone, but so was Curry through the early part of his career. Hopefully he can overcome these issues and be available for more games at close to 100%.

And again....

"Understanding muscle strains"

"For clinical purposes, a muscle strain can be categorized into three different levels of severity, or grades (table 18.1).

• A grade I strain is a mild strain that is symptomatic (tenderness and mild pain) but results in no impairment (full range of motion and no loss of strength).

• A grade II strain results in moderate impairment, marked tenderness, decreased range of motion of the associated joint, and a noticeable loss of strength.

• A grade III muscle strain results in immediate pain, as well as a palpable defect in the muscle surrounded by swelling (edema), indicating rupture of fibers or the whole muscle.

Although the underlying mechanisms of the different grades of muscle strains may be different, the grades are often reported to represent "the amount of torn fibers." Acute muscle strains can be detected with computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) methods (Speer et al., 1993), but diagnosis is typically made based on physical exam and patient history."

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpt...muscle-strains

I'm very upset with the staff after this game. AD is clearly in pain but still wants to play. It is up to the staff to step in when a player's health is involved. He runs the risk of further injuring himself and might already have by the way he looked at the end of this game.

He either needs to be on a strict minutes restriction with close monitoring or he needs to sit the required time to become healthy. Devon Booker had the same injury and will sit 2-3 weeks for it to be healed. If that's what it requires for AD to be healed and to have him for the rest of the season then so be it.

What we do not need is for the coaching staff to be so desperate for wins that they risk his health to bring him back early from injury. What happens if he ended up reinjuring it (if he hasn't already) and ends up out with a full tear and out for the rest of the season? Was those extra 5-8 games worth it then?

The injury history and the questions that have been circling for YEARS around this organization and the medical staff means the fact that someone hasn't stepped in and forced them to do the right thing is beyond stupid. We've already had one player ALMOST DIE because of mishandling an injury.

The fact that the same issue has cropped up yet again has me absolutely livid and should have every fan too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm very upset with the staff after this game. AD is clearly in pain but still wants to play. It is up to the staff to step in when a player's health is involved. He runs the risk of further injuring himself and might already have by the way he looked at the end of this game.

He either needs to be on a strict minutes restriction with close monitoring or he needs to sit the required time to become healthy. Devon Booker had the same injury and will sit 2-3 weeks for it to be healed. If that's what it requires for AD to be healed and to have him for the rest of the season then so be it.

What we do not need is for the coaching staff to be so desperate for wins that they risk his health to bring him back early from injury. What happens if he ended up reinjuring it (if he hasn't already) and ends up out with a full tear and out for the rest of the season? Was those extra 5-8 games worth it then?

The injury history and the questions that have been circling for YEARS around this organization and the medical staff means the fact that someone hasn't stepped in and forced them to do the right thing is beyond stupid. We've already had one player ALMOST DIE because of mishandling an injury.

The fact that the same issue has cropped up yet again has me absolutely livid and should have every fan too.
    Dilly dilly!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    And again....

"Understanding muscle strains"

"For clinical purposes, a muscle strain can be categorized into three different levels of severity, or grades (table 18.1).

• A grade I strain is a mild strain that is symptomatic (tenderness and mild pain) but results in no impairment (full range of motion and no loss of strength).

• A grade II strain results in moderate impairment, marked tenderness, decreased range of motion of the associated joint, and a noticeable loss of strength.

• A grade III muscle strain results in immediate pain, as well as a palpable defect in the muscle surrounded by swelling (edema), indicating rupture of fibers or the whole muscle.

Although the underlying mechanisms of the different grades of muscle strains may be different, the grades are often reported to represent "the amount of torn fibers." Acute muscle strains can be detected with computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) methods (Speer et al., 1993), but diagnosis is typically made based on physical exam and patient history."

http://www.humankinetics.com/excerpt...muscle-strains
    You are INCORRECT. Live with it.

I pretty much agree with all of this. Obviously I want AD to play every single game every single year, but we know that's not possible.

It could just be that AD had a painful twinge last night and he's absolutely fine to play against Houston tonight, but if there is ANY medical doubt about his fitness to play, then the staff need to recognise that his health supercedes any single game. If he needs to sit, then he needs to sit, and that's the end of the argument.
    Basketball.

So AD reinjured his groin and is now questionable for the game.

I don't really care that he misses the Rockets game but there is a huge issue that 1st game back from injury he played over his minutes restriction by 5 minutes

Then 2nd game back he played 40 minutes in a regular time game!!

If news comes out that AD will be out extended time due to this reinjury, people should be fired, and Gentry should be at the top of the list. Coaches have a responsibility to make the right calls on play health, even if the player disagrees.

I don't really care that he misses the Rockets game but there is a huge issue that 1st game back from injury he played over his minutes restriction by 5 minutes

If news comes out that AD will be out extended time due to this reinjury, people should be fired, and Gentry should be at the top of the list. Coaches have a responsibility to make the right calls on play health, even if the player disagrees.
    I completely agree with this!

+1

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    +1
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now it's time to see how long he is out for.

I am tired of Gentry. Guy is clueless. +3.
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Prove it.

What is a Muscle Strain or Tear?

So What Is A Muscle Tear?

"All muscle tears are technically muscle strains. Different words – same meaning. This occurs when muscle fibers are overloaded and fibres start to rupture under the force.

The percentage of muscle fibers involved and the severity of that tear are what determine the classification of the strain. Below you will find the three grades used by your doctor to diagnose the injury.

Grade I:
    Mild strain. Only a small numbers of fibers (< 5%) are stretched or torn. While the injury may be painful, strength and mobility are unaffected and recovery is quicker. Grade I is “micro-tear” territory. The fibers have been pushed to the point of starting to tear but not completely."

http://www.kinetic-revolution.com/muscle-strain-tear/

You are starting to look silly.

AD should be wrapped in plastic bubble wrap next time he's back on the court. The guy is an injury waiting to happen.
    I don't see that ever changing, I think it's his physical make-up combined with his playing style. I hope he proves me wrong.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

What is a Muscle Strain or Tear?

So What Is A Muscle Tear?

"All muscle tears are technically muscle strains. Different words – same meaning. This occurs when muscle fibers are overloaded and fibres start to rupture under the force.

The percentage of muscle fibers involved and the severity of that tear are what determine the classification of the strain. Below you will find the three grades used by your doctor to diagnose the injury.

Grade I:
    Mild strain. Only a small numbers of fibers (< 5%) are stretched or torn. While the injury may be painful, strength and mobility are unaffected and recovery is quicker. Grade I is “micro-tear” territory. The fibers have been pushed to the point of starting to tear but not completely."

http://www.kinetic-revolution.com/muscle-strain-tear/

You are starting to look silly.
    Keep beating your donkey on the back & it may lead to a tear, instead of a strain.https://healthypreview.com/what-is-a-muscle-strain/ Get over it.

Keep beating your donkey on the back & it may lead to a tear, instead of a strain.https://healthypreview.com/what-is-a-muscle-strain/ Get over it.
    Well, that article is terribly written for one. There is no such thing as a muscle sprain and to even type that out shows the authors lack of understanding. Why is it so hard for you to accept that when you stretch a muscle enough, it will tear? The grades provide the approximate percentage of torn muscle fibers.

Have you completely ignored all of the stuff I have posted? I think you just like to argue.

How about we just agree to disagree?
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 12-12-2017 at 08:05 PM.

One last time for the reading impaired.

Thread Information