Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Marc Spears Article on Eric Gordon's recommitment to New Orleans {merged}

Marc Spears Article on Eric Gordon's recommitment to New Orleans {merged}

Eric Gordon Apologist UNITE!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--er...g-hornets.html

Eric Gordon says he's now committed to leading young Hornets

Eric Gordon appreciated all the welcome-back wishes he received at a New Orleans hospital on Monday while he took a physical for his new contract with the New Orleans Hornets. But once Gordon puts on his Hornets uniform for his first home game next season, he isn't sure the response will be quite as warm.

After declaring that he didn't want the Hornets to match the Phoenix Suns' offer sheet for him – and that his "heart" was already in Phoenix – Gordon now finds himself back in New Orleans. And he says he's committed to leading the young Hornets, who now include top overall draft pick Anthony Davis and rookie guard Austin Rivers.

"I wish I could've done a little better with the fan perception," Gordon told Yahoo! Sports. "But also at the same time they don't know the business perspective of how negotiations are handled. They don’t know how being a restricted free agent can be mind-boggling for a player.

"I’m here with an open mind and here to help the young guys. They will see the next four years will be better than the last four years of my career, so it should be nothing but good things."

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Saw that on twitter, loved this part:

"They will see the next four years will be better than the last four years of my career, so it should be nothing but good things."

M. Spears Article on Eric Gordon

Interesting comments about Demps.

I'm not sure why he's done a complete 180 in how he deals with his players.

I remember starting out how often he was reported to have brought guys like David West and Chris Paul into his office to give them heads up on moves they may be making and to sit them down for conversations about the teams future and how much he wanted them to be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Interesting comments about Demps.

I'm not sure why he's done a complete 180 in how he deals with his players.

I remember starting out how often he was reported to have brought guys like David West and Chris Paul into his office to give them heads up on moves they may be making and to sit them down for conversations about the teams future and how much he wanted them to be a part of it.
    New ownership. For all we know they could be asking him to do things a little differently. We, as fans, don't really know so I'd rather not even assume as to know what the deal is.

And as far as the article and the comments from Gordon, show and prove baby, show and prove.

Im not going to lie; i feel alot better about the situation after reading that. I hope its sincere, and i want him to succeed.

EG apologizes and he's embracing Monty/Dell plans for the future. He won't be a headcase.
    So move on and work hard to create that chemistry gentlemen !!!
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    The dude is freaking whacked out. I for one am not ready to forgive and forget quite yet. Let's see more than words....actions will change my mind.

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

It's all a negotiation. Fans need to let it go. Demps and Williams are over it. No reason why we shouldn't either. He wasn't the only one who took that route. Hibbert, Batum, and Lin all took an unflattering route to get their contracts. It's a business and a process. It's over and done with. Time to move on.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    The Demps thing could be a ton of different things.

Maybe he feels "played" by DWest and CP after including them in everything for the year they were here with him that he's changed his approach on how he deals with players.

Maybe the guy has just been too busy scouting and talking with FA's to get on the phone with EJ, a guy that they already made the decision to match.

He'llbe thanking us in two-to-three years when we have a championship and Phoenix is still stuck in NBA purgatory

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post

Maybe he feels "played" by DWest and CP after including them in everything for the year they were here with him that he's changed his approach on how he deals with players.

Maybe the guy has just been too busy scouting and talking with FA's to get on the phone with EJ, a guy that they already made the decision to match.
    Williams made it clear last night on the broadcast that he and Gordon was in contact through the entire process.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post

CP3forMVP is on to some thing. Another things to ponder on is:

Maybe he feels like he is in charge with bringing the necessary players in and assuring the finances are well at hand (that's why his communications are primarily with the agent) while Monty is in charge with connecting with the players on a more personal level.

"But also at the same time they don't know the business perspective of how negotiations are handled. They don’t know how being a restricted free agent can be mind-boggling for a player."

So, it's still the fans' fault? Hmmm....sounds like he ALMOST learned from his mistake.

Monty talked with Gordon, Demps talked to his agent. Whats the problem? Is Gordon a baby or what? If 58 million doesn't make you feel wanted, then go buy yourself a bib and pacifier.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyv View Post
    "But also at the same time they don't know the business perspective of how negotiations are handled. They don’t know how being a restricted free agent can be mind-boggling for a player."

So, it's still the fans' fault? Hmmm....sounds like he ALMOST learned from his mistake.
    where did he say anything about it being the fans fault? he said that the fans dont know the business side of RFA, which i completely agree most dont know. some people think they know more than NBA GMs on this site.

"I’m young and talented, so why would they let me go out like that?" Gordon said.
    Now this I like... he's saying all the right things, saying it was business, etc.. But then he drops this bomb w/ that little cockiness streak. I hope it translates to his play on the court... like hey, I'm the man, even Monty said I'm the man, just give me the damn ball and let's roll.

That opt-out clause is a little scary though... so we might only have a 2 year run with him after our hopeful FA splash next season. Unless we win his heart, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post
    Now this I like... he's saying all the right things, saying it was business, etc.. But then he drops this bomb w/ that little cockiness streak. I hope it translates to his play on the court... like hey, I'm the man, even Monty said I'm the man, just give me the damn ball and let's roll.

That opt-out clause is a little scary though... so we might only have a 2 year run with him after our hopeful FA splash next season. Unless we win his heart, that is.
    If the team becomes a contender in 3 years and Gordon is still one of the leaders on the team, then it shouldn't be an issue. The Hornets still has his bird rights and can offer him the most money. This is a win win for both sides.

Regardless of this article, I fully expect Fletcher Mackel to, again, say tomorrow that Gordon is a lockerroom cancer and doesn't want to be here.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

so he says the fans don't understand the restricted free agent process, but he knew the Hornets would match all along? for crying out loud, shut up EG. concentrate on playing 82 games this season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Some people here take things too personally.

Everyone is an asset and everything is business. This is a business. People do what they have to do to get what they want, both player and GM.

Demps, Monty, and Gordon are all moving on from it and making the best of the situation. Now it's the fans' turn.

I agree with bee-fense

I thought he said he had no contact with anybody with the Hornets and their plans during Free Agency? Now he said he's was talking to Monty the whole time! Something is missing??

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Some people here take things too personally.

Everyone is an asset and everything is business. This is a business. People do what they have to do to get what they want, both player and GM.

Demps, Monty, and Gordon are all moving on from it and making the best of the situation. Now it's the fans' turn.
    I get that, but he's an asset that is getting paid millions of dollars. He should know the fans don't know how hard it must be for a restricted free agent, because we don't live that life. Being a restricted free agent is hard? He knew what he was doing when he gave the "heart in Phoenix" statement, but now he says he wished he could have handled it better. Really? I guess we should say Dwight Howard is misunderstood too. EG's the one who didn't understand it was a business.

I couldn't care less what he says now, he needs to do his talking on the court.

All-Star
    Some fans are really tough... too tough to please.

1st they want EJ to atleast say something to make things better.

he said something now and then we overanalyze and nitpick what has been said. Getting butthurt once again for his statement about fans not knowing the whole RFA process... the fact that you still hate him for what has happened just proves that they don't really know...

some even are not satisfied and brings up the play 82 games and give us wins thing.. wow.. I do believe even he avgs 25 plus and then leads us to the 6-8 playoff seed, they'd still hate.

Just join that rivers bandwagon and hope it goes well for you, but leave the man in peace. coz 2 or hopefully 4 years on EJ is and will be the most valuable player on this squad. so long as he plays hard for us and balls the way we know he could, I'd support him ATW.

In all honesty, I cringe whenever a new EJ-related thread is up coz i know haters will still hate.

Thread Information