Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Josh Smith

Basketball Guru
    the way this season is starting out,,josh smith will knock down a bunch of 3s in the first game he play in for us...

Does anyone know how long we can keep Smith? In other words if three guys come off injury list and only 2 are left can we still keep him as long as somebody is out?

Josh Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Does anyone know how long we can keep Smith? In other words if three guys come off injury list and only 2 are left can we still keep him as long as somebody is out?
    No, once there are 3 people on the injury report he is gone unless we cut someone.

In our case Hill, Asik, Jackson, Rondo, and Ajinca are all going to be out at least another month. Once two of those guys come back the Pels will have to let him go...unless someone else get injured.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 10-27-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No, once there are 3 people on the injury report he is gone unless we cut someone.

In our case Hill, Asik, Jackson, Rondo, and Ajinca are all going to be out at least another month. Once two of those guys come back the Pels will have to let him go...unless someone else get injured.
    So Smith is with the team for the season then.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So Smith is with the team for the season then.
    Lol. Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    All the people who write for Deadspin seem to loathe the Pels.
    It's mutual. Deadspin is garbage.

I know no one wants to admit it, but a lot of you are the same people that knock the Jameer Nelson signing, im just saying why don't we wait and see how this plays out

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I know no one wants to admit it, but a lot of you are the same people that knock the Jameer Nelson signing, im just saying why don't we wait and see how this plays out
    I will be more than happy to eat crow on Smith if he plays well. I was happy when we signed Jameer, a little upset at losing Grits because he's a good scorer off the bench, but Jameer has paid a much bigger dividend than Grits ever will on this team.

Having Smith on this team COULD be good if he cuts out the unnecessary 3s, because Lord knows we take enough of those.

Nope. My reservations over the Nelson signing were sentimental and emotional ties to Crawford, and we're not a commentary on Nelson at all. Smith, on the other hand, draws my reservations entirely on the merits of his game.

I'd be happy to be wrong in this case, I just don't think I will be.
    Basketball.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Did anyone question the Nelson signing or rather question the fact that we had to cut Crawford with several deadweight salaries in Ajinca and Asik taking up spots?
    @DanielVeuleman

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    The Smith signing is strange. He is an above average ball handler and passer for a power forward, so maybe the idea is to bring in a guy who can fit the system of the bigs grabbing the board and running.

But it feels like there's better guys out there. Bigger needs to be filled. Morrow, Green and David Lee all would come in and help at positions of need.

Any idea what’s taking so long for this to be finalized?
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Any idea what’s taking so long for this to be finalized?
    I thought the commentators last night said there was some letter from the league overseas before he could sign with an NBA team. Not sure if that is still holding it up.

Thread Information