Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The trade

Quote Originally Posted by Attila The Hun View Post
    I suspect Perth Hornet was getting Xavier Henry confused with Xavier Ellis who plays Aussie football..
    Well played sir

Quote Originally Posted by Attila The Hun View Post
    I suspect Perth Hornet was getting Xavier Henry confused with Xavier Ellis who plays Aussie football..
    haha they are fairly similar too, they both stank

WHAT ABOUT MINNESOTA THEY WILL HAVE 3 DECENT POINT GUARDS WHEN RUBIO RETURNS:
    RUBIO, RIDOUR, BAREA

Quote Originally Posted by SWAMPVIPER View Post
    WHAT ABOUT MINNESOTA THEY WILL HAVE 3 DECENT POINT GUARDS WHEN RUBIO RETURNS:
    RUBIO, RIDOUR, BAREA
    No

If we do trade for a rookie from this year draft I'd want John Jenkins from ATL. That dude can shoot it up lol
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Vasquez is playing well but he is no starter. We need a better pg in order to take this team to the next level.

Jennings would be the one guy we should go after, but I'm sure we would have to give up a lot more than these two scrubs. We would have to give up Aminu and I don't think thats a good idea. Maybe we can get Calderon? He's expiring so I'm sure he's on the block.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

jennings was non-tendered just like aminu
    aminu's worth on a good defensive team i think is in the 4-5MM range...if he could develop a 3pt shot he'd be a $10MM man
    i would not be at all surprised if the line in front of jennings is longer than expected

Why do y'all even like Jennings he's extremely inefficient and just shoots a lot...maybe I havn't watched him play and the eye test is good but I'm not in love with his stats

If Dell trades the first round pick,(assuming its for a PG or SG) Where does that leave the Hornets at the C position. Lopez is playing nice, but are we comfortable at this point with the long term outlook in the middle?

I just want some shooters, the lack of offense on this team scares me at times. Perhaps Atlanta could be interested given their depth at SG and weak SF position? If they saw Henry and Warrick as guys who could fill that position for them they might give up Korver or Morrow perhaps?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    Why do y'all even like Jennings he's extremely inefficient and just shoots a lot...maybe I havn't watched him play and the eye test is good but I'm not in love with his stats
    This isn't really true.

PG's average a 52.4% TS percentage. Jennings was at 51.4%, he was also above the ORR and below the DRR, which is where you want to be.

He was also. Just below the avg assist percentage by a hair, and he doesn't turn the ball over. Would you believe that there was no starting PG that turns the ball over at a lesser rate than Jennings? He was #1 at 10.63 and CP3 was #2 at 10.80.

He really took off in the second half of the season, his scoring increased by 1.4 points per game, his assists increased by .7 per game, his FG percentage went up nearly 3 percentage points, all the while his turns stayed the same at just 2.2 per game.

Also keep this in mind, he may not be the most efficient player in the game, but we have Anthony Davis who will be known for his put backs.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    I just want some shooters, the lack of offense on this team scares me at times. Perhaps Atlanta could be interested given their depth at SG and weak SF position? If they saw Henry and Warrick as guys who could fill that position for them they might give up Korver or Morrow perhaps?
    it wouldn't take much to sell me on Morrow...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

a Bucks fan proposed a trade to me in another forum

Gordon for Ellis, (Udoh/Ilyasova), Bucks 2013 and 2014 1sts

I took out Udoh/Ily and added Beno Udrih (7M expiring) and added Hakeem Warrick to ours, what you guys think of that. Ellis has a player option next year for 11M

Gordon
    Warrick

for

Ellis
    Udrih
    Bucks 2013 1st
    Bucks 2014 1st

I'd rather hold onto Gordon and hope that he makes a miraculous recovery than bring Ellis onto the team.

I'd do that in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I'd rather hold onto Gordon and hope that he makes a miraculous recovery than bring Ellis onto the team.
    but that is a guarenteed 7M off the books and potentially 18M we could easily spend that on 2 close to max contracts, plus 2 potential lottery picks!

If Gordon goes there and actually ends up playing games for them, where do you all see them ending up in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    a Bucks fan proposed a trade to me in another forum

Gordon for Ellis, (Udoh/Ilyasova), Bucks 2013 and 2014 1sts

I took out Udoh/Ily and added Beno Udrih (7M expiring) and added Hakeem Warrick to ours, what you guys think of that. Ellis has a player option next year for 11M

Gordon
    Warrick

for

Ellis
    Udrih
    Bucks 2013 1st
    Bucks 2014 1st
    Also would do that in a heartbeat. That Bucks fan is crazy though. He really suggested Ellis/Ilyasova/2013 AND 2014 firsts for Eric Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Also would do that in a heartbeat. That Bucks fan is crazy though. He really suggested Ellis/Ilyasova/2013 AND 2014 firsts for Eric Gordon?
    yeah haha!!

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    but that is a guarenteed 7M off the books and potentially 18M we could easily spend that on 2 close to max contracts, plus 2 potential lottery picks!
    Well for starters, I seriously doubt they give up 2 picks and Monta Ellis for a guy that can't stay healthy.

But like I said, I don't want Ellis anywhere around this team. He'd just be another Marcus Thornton.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Well for starters, I seriously doubt they give up 2 picks and Monta Ellis for a guy that can't stay healthy.

But like I said, I don't want Ellis anywhere around this team. He'd just be another Marcus Thornton.
    agree

Thread Information