Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Losers

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Pathethic thought process. It explains the ineptness of the team. Losers think this way...I'm looking for this team to win against the GS of the world instead of beating my chest that we hung with them and didn't get blown out.
    The goals of some fans never cease to amaze me.

Being irrational may in fact be the mark of a fan, but it's an unreasonable way to go about analyzing anything.

A team with two stars who can come out and roar in the Warriors face -- the Warriors, one of the greatest teams in NBA history -- take the inevitable counter blow, and then right itself and have the game within 5 in the final 5 minutes, is a team that absolutely could win 50 games against mortal opponents. Put that same Pelicans effort in a box against the Lakers, it's an automatic victory. Put it in a box against the Nuggets, against the Pacers, against the Celtics, against the Bobcats etc. and you are winning a lot more than you lose.

There is such a thing as a good loss. The Warriors will be favored in every single game they play this NBA season. If fans of the 65-70 victims they beat this year run around in despair every time the inevitable happens then they are just being fools.

Except Buckwheat who is just pulling this forum's chains from underneath his bridge.

Good loss. Step forward. Next game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Bruh...

Bruh...

What is good on this team besides AD and DC? This team is trash outside of 2 all-stars. Lets take the homer glasses off and realize this isn't a good team. It's a middle of the pack team that has no way to improve due to maxing out the cap for Jrue FREAKING Holiday. And he didn't even earn his 44 million contract that we trade him on and we go back overpay $125 million on potential... I'm sick of this team overpaying for potential and constantly busting.
    The question is what really is needed to be good on this team beyond Davis and Cousins? They alone are sufficient to make this team dangerous every night.

Title team? No. But you can absolutely make the playoffs on 2 stars and scrubs. Hell, in the Least you might be contending for homecourt in the first round. And if the Pelicans can do that, make the playoffs with a little style, get Boogie to resign, then the future opens right up. Scrubs can be replaced and improved on over time. They are scrubs. I don't trust Demps' bball IQ, but the seeds of scrub turnover are already planted for the future. A number of 1 year deals, stupid anchor contracts to Moore, Hill, Asik getting shorter and more moveable. All you have to do this season is show enough progress to save the Boogie/Brow combo -- playoffs are the goal -- and you've done the hard part. Get them together long term and it's comparatively easy to eventually find the right roleplayers to what will become an established team/system.

The real danger is injury possibility of course. That could be the real issue. Two guys who are more apt to play 70 games a year than 82, having to carry an enormous nightly load at insane volume, and you need them both to play 75+ games because there isn't much else.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 10-21-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Bruh...

Bruh...

What is good on this team besides AD and DC? This team is trash outside of 2 all-stars. Lets take the homer glasses off and realize this isn't a good team. It's a middle of the pack team that has no way to improve due to maxing out the cap for Jrue FREAKING Holiday. And he didn't even earn his 44 million contract that we trade him on and we go back overpay $125 million on potential... I'm sick of this team overpaying for potential and constantly busting.
    So because you have no hope for the team we should do what? Not discuss the team and just get on the forums to complain about all the past mistakes? Such a horrible, petty life that must be.

I’d much rather actually analyze the games and discuss what is currently happening on the team instead of being so wrapped up in the past that all I can do is continually complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is why I don't come to this board as often. We have 2 freaking losses! One of them came from a solid Grizzlies team for our 1st game of the season missing 2 starters.. the 2nd came against arguably the best team in NBA history who we outplayed but came up short.. people need to relax..
    Are you on Reddit or tigerdroppings? You should definitely join the Pelicans Reddit! Alot of more optimisim there imo
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Are you on Reddit or tigerdroppings? You should definitely join the Pelicans Reddit! Alot of more optimisim there imo
    Is it really? Bc this place is really starting to become almost unbearable with the same people game after game saying the same crap after every single game and it's only been 2 so far smh

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Is it really? Bc this place is really starting to become almost unbearable with the same people game after game saying the same crap after every single game and it's only been 2 so far smh

So you want Magic Capet Ride Comments ?
    Alvin Gentry should be given a contract extension
    Dell Demps deserves to be given a contract extension
    Jrue Holiday was under paid let’s redo his deal.
    DC should be made a Max Deal offer today before he gets hurt.
    Pelicans will win the West blowing past the Rockets and Warriors
    Let’s get Asik a extension as well he is a team player good moral support
    Is that better Bahmamamba?
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 10-21-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    So you want Magic Capet Ride Comments ?
    Alvin Gentry should be given a contract extension
    Dell Demps deserves to be given a contract extension
    Jrue Holiday was under paid let’s redo his deal.
    DC should be maid a Max Deal offer today before he gets hurt.
    Pelicans will win the West blowing past the Rockets and Warriors
    Is that better Bahmamamba?
    Lol, my fault for hurting the trolls feelings good day ma'am or sir

Banned
    Nobody makes up the facts of the record the last 5 years.
    This franchise has said this year 2017 is the year of Playoffs.
    Don’t blame the fans of the team pointing out the what is really happening.
    Just because a forum member makes light of the weakness doesn’t mean they are a TROLL.
    Wow thin skin in serious denial

just ignore buckwheat and taker and this thread becomes a large group of fairly sane people (not sure on GA, all that positivity :P).

Mythrol - I ignored these guys via browser, and then they are blocked on my tapatalk. might be worth giving a go see if that works?

NBA radio was talking today about how devoid of talent this team is. They also said the Holiday contract was awful and untradable.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    NBA radio was talking today about how devoid of talent this team is. They also said the Holiday contract was awful and untradable.
    Are you surprised? Only the people who believe in Unicorns aren't.

I honestly think one of the negative posters is just a well known Pelicans fan blogger hiding under another name so he can be his true self and troll people because he is so bitter.

Anyone who says the team looks like it did before is not worth paying attention to.

There are massive differences. Might the end in the same record or whatnot? Sure. But if you say that is the same, then you are just looking at results, so just zip it and wait for them.

Focus on the actual team with their actual flaws if you have the capacity to do so. If not, zip it and learn... then complain correctly.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Anyone who says the team looks like it did before is not worth paying attention to.

There are massive differences. Might the end in the same record or whatnot? Sure. But if you say that is the same, then you are just looking at results, so just zip it and wait for them.

Focus on the actual team with their actual flaws if you have the capacity to do so. If not, zip it and learn... then complain correctly.
    But being a whiny, unfun, pessimistic feminine hygiene product is more enjoyable. Somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So because you have no hope for the team we should do what? Not discuss the team and just get on the forums to complain about all the past mistakes? Such a horrible, petty life that must be.

I’d much rather actually analyze the games and discuss what is currently happening on the team instead of being so wrapped up in the past that all I can do is continually complain about it.
    Wrapped in the past? How is our cap being completely wrecked for the foreseeable future talking about the past. This is a current issue and how you gonna analyze the same flaws year after year and pretend there is something new to talk about. It's the same ol' business and it's not changing. A poor constructed roster since, poor coaching personnel, and poor management. I want to be optimistic, but you gonna have to accept the facts and own up to the mediocrity that is Pelicans basketball with two amazing stars that are a joy to watch. I want the team to win, but it's gonna be a constant struggle like it already is. So, please analyze the same thing over and over again. Tell me when something different comes out. I watch the same games you do. So, take your delusional positivity and be real. You guys sounds like a bunch of basket cases. It's okay to admit the team isn't that good and it is still very enjoy to watch them. I do and I'm gonna enjoy Boogie and AD playing together. Luckily, we will get our first win against the Laker.

Banned
    We should win 3 games in October
    Lakers, Kings Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real losers are the 1-2 Warriors.

If you let people who disagree with you affect your enjoyment of the team, then that speaks more to you than it does to them.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Wrapped in the past? How is our cap being completely wrecked for the foreseeable future talking about the past. This is a current issue and how you gonna analyze the same flaws year after year and pretend there is something new to talk about. It's the same ol' business and it's not changing. A poor constructed roster since, poor coaching personnel, and poor management. I want to be optimistic, but you gonna have to accept the facts and own up to the mediocrity that is Pelicans basketball with two amazing stars that are a joy to watch. I want the team to win, but it's gonna be a constant struggle like it already is. So, please analyze the same thing over and over again. Tell me when something different comes out. I watch the same games you do. So, take your delusional positivity and be real. You guys sounds like a bunch of basket cases. It's okay to admit the team isn't that good and it is still very enjoy to watch them. I do and I'm gonna enjoy Boogie and AD playing together. Luckily, we will get our first win against the Laker.
    My point is, what does complaining about the contracts that are signed help? Should we just sit here and cry about the situation?

I’d rather talk about the actual games being played and the offensive and defensive systems being ran. It’s not about being positive or negative it’s about not being stuck in the past and trying to move on with the situation we have.

So we lack talent. Great! What does that matter? We are still trying to win. We have no one after our big two, awesome! So we shouldn’t focus on the current team and instead cry about our misfortune?

Either you can move on and accept the situation and try to make the best of it, or you can sit here and keep complaining about what’s already happened, but that seems like such a pathetic way to live your life.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    The real losers are the 1-2 Warriors.
    Warriors had a tough back to back. I don't feel as bad losing to Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

It's really just a couple......but they post a lot.

And they were gone for a week or three before the first tip-off. When things were brighter. Once the team gets a win streak going they will be gone, again. Just the end of the month and all will be well. And we will have our happy aus back. They infected aus!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    So after 2 games this team looks exactly the same as the last few years. And Holiday has to be one of the most overrated players in the league. With subpar coaching and a really iffy roster shoot for 500 at the very most although I think final record will be more like 38-44. So disappointed same ole same ole.
    Thanks for the lovely insight. Keep up the inspirational posts!

Sooo after reading this entire thread...the only thing of value that I got out of it is....I am going to join the pelicans subreddit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information