Pelicans Report

Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2752

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    [HTML]https://mobile.twitter.com/TheVertical/status/886254156541038592/[HTML]

Welp
    You are late to the game my friend

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    You are late to the game my friend
    Forget that, can't even embed a link properly haha.

Feeling like Woj right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

In any case, my thing with Rondo right now is his shooting. I know that he shot well last season, but it's still less than one make a game.

Now if that is the case I don't know how much of an upgrade he is over even Tim Fraiser, at least on offence.

MM saying on Twitter there's two more moves

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Stahp!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    In any case, my thing with Rondo right now is his shooting. I know that he shot well last season, but it's still less than one make a game.

Now if that is the case I don't know how much of an upgrade he is over even Tim Fraiser, at least on offence.
    Rondo is a highly achieved vet that knows how to direct both ends of the court. I'd say he'd be a lot more consistent as a scorer and assist man. No comparison as a rebounder. One of the best rebounding guards in the league.

I sure hope so , I think we're sitting pretty good but we need some shooters and we'll be in the mix for sure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Rondo is a highly achieved vet that knows how to direct both ends of the court. I'd say he'd be a lot more consistent as a scorer and assist man. No comparison as a rebounder. One of the best rebounding guards in the league.
    If this is Boston Rondo or playoff Rondo I'd tend to agree, don't really know which one we're getting though.

MM mentioned a couple more moves so perhaps it'll make more sense later

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    One move is resigning Dante, the other possibly a trade. No more FA's other than minimum guys.

Oh goodness! that means to minor moves like resigning Cunningham or Jok to a two way contract.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    One move is resigning Dante, the other possibly a trade. No more FA's other than minimum guys.
    I think signing Dante is huge. Dante is a constant flash cutter & who better to find him than Rondo? Hey, you think Cook is back-up #1 or so we search? And I think Ajincas friendly contract might keep him on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Oh goodness! that means to minor moves like resigning Cunningham or Jok to a two way contract.
    MM hasnt been very reliable thus far this summer.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I think signing Dante is huge. Dante is a constant flash cutter & who better to find him than Rondo? Hey, you think Cook is back-up #1 or so we search? And I think Ajincas friendly contract might keep him on the team.
    I love the idea of resigning Dante, mostly because we have his bird rights and can. But also because he is our best option as a small ball four. I think right now it's:

PG- Rajon Rondo/ Quinn Cook/ Frank Jackson
    SG- Jrue Holiday/ E'Twaun Moore/ Jordan Crawford
    SF- Solomon Hill/ Quincy Pondexter/ Axel Toupane
    PF- Anthony Davis/ Dante Cunningham/ Cheick Diallo
    C- Demarcus Cousins/ Alexi Ajinca/ Omer Asik

And while I would love to land that killer starting SF, I think backup SF and maybe backup PG are the biggest glaring holes.

I love the idea of resigning Dante, mostly because we have his bird rights and can. But also because he is our best option as a small ball four. I think right now it's:

And while I would love to land that killer starting SF, I think backup SF and maybe backup PG are the biggest glaring holes.
    I would like to get another big and shooting wing.

Hey. I like that 2nd team, especially if Q-Pon is Q-Pon. You have 4 good 3pt shooters on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I would like to get another big and shooting wing.
    AMO, Babbitt, Afflalo, Dunleavy, Mo Speights (Big guy, loves to score ). Diaw, great pro & really good passer . Just some toss out names.

Quinn Cook has not solidified himself as the backup point guard even tho he played big time in summer league... Crawford and Moore are the firat 2 guards off the bench unless one of them is moved... Crawford averaged 14 off the bench last year so i doubt it would be him... I would try to move Moore for a backup sf unless Dark is Miller shows vast improvement...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Hey. I like that 2nd team, especially if Q-Pon is Q-Pon. You have 4 good 3pt shooters on the court.
    That 2nd team looks horruble, and if they ever share the court gentry should be fired
    the beauty of rondo is that we can leave an all-star big and a playmaking pg in the game at ALL times as long as its competitive

For those that disagree on the Rondo signing (I'm not one) If he is the best player we add this off-season I will consider this off-season a
    A failure & a disaster In that we can agree GET TO WORK DELL or you will be fishing next year GO PELS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    That 2nd team looks horruble, and if they ever share the court gentry should be fired
    the beauty of rondo is that we can leave an all-star big and a playmaking pg in the game at ALL times as long as its competitive
    Etwaun Moore
    Jordan Crawford
    Sf tbd
    Diallo
    Ajincia
    Is not far off... with the exception of the warriors, the Rockets and maybe the jazz, our bench is competitive... we can go 4 deep maybe 5 if u throw in Cook... if we resign Cunningham or make a trade for another sf, we are in the mix...

I would love to flip Moore for a SF.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    It is a depth chart. I understand rotational basketball & also understand that either Boogie or Ad will be on the court at all times if possible. His chart wasn't literal. Teams usually don't play 10 man rotations, especially with Zero starters on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    For those that disagree on the Rondo signing (I'm not one) If he is the best player we add this off-season I will consider this off-season a
    A failure & a disaster In that we can agree GET TO WORK DELL or you will be fishing next year GO PELS!!!!!
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I consider Boogie as part of this off-season. I mean.......draft pick and all as well as how late it was.

So Boogie and Jackson. Rondo. Resign Jrue and maybe Dante. That's a winning off-season. It can't all happen in one year.

Still hoping for more but Dell has been dominating for us. You have to count Cousins.

All-Star
    We now definitely need shooting and outside threats.

How much would cost Allen Crabbe from Portland and Khris Middleton from Milwaukee. Are any of those guys affordable knowing that they have big contracts running for the next 3 years and are playing in teams that are kind of stuck in between 5 and 10 of there conferences ?

I believe we can try to offer some picks along with matching the contracts with Moore, Qpon and Ajinca for one of those guys.

First man off the bench that can enter in any foul trouble/injury/underperforming situation, assuming we start with Rondo Jrue Hill AD Boogie.

Plus they are tremendous 3pt threats and still young players.

Trading for one of them would be a more than solid off season knowing what we have when we started it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    We now definitely need shooting and outside threats.

How much would cost Allen Crabbe from Portland and Khris Middleton from Milwaukee. Are any of those guys affordable knowing that they have big contracts running for the next 3 years and are playing in teams that are kind of stuck in between 5 and 10 of there conferences ?

I believe we can try to offer some picks along with matching the contracts with Moore, Qpon and Ajinca for one of those guys.

First man off the bench that can enter in any foul trouble/injury/underperforming situation, assuming we start with Rondo Jrue Hill AD Boogie.

Plus they are tremendous 3pt threats and still young players.

Trading for one of them would be a more than solid off season knowing what we have when we started it.
    Middleton is their second best player.... He isn't going anywhere
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Thread Information