Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: And So It Begins (Eric Gordon Knee)... {merged}

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    As nolaslim said, calm down guys. He had surgery and swelling/soreness is normal. Is it concerning considering everything he's been through, sure.

But I really think that he's still growing mentally as a player. I think all of the BS we went through with him matured him a bit and hopefully that means he can play on a bit of pain if need be. In the end, we have a young guy finally that can fill in if need be. Sitting him is a good idea for the time being and I think it is more of Monty's idea than his.
    Wherehappens.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Then you are a Chris Paul fan not Clippers. And if you are fans of both then thats like being a blood and crip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    You can't be a fan of two teams equally. That's like having two wives. You might pull for another team but you can only be emotionally invested in one.
    Leave the guy alone. It may seem crazy to say on a NBA board, but I don't think sports is equal to the commitment of marriage OR joining a gang. If he likes both then eh, I can't imagine dividing up my attention between two teams but whatever. He has no real obligation to either team, last I checked.

And on the real topic, its more frustrating than anything to me. I just hope they are being overly cautious, but who knows.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 10-01-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    @DanielVeuleman

The crying is getting old.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Leave the guy alone. It may seem crazy to say on a NBA board, but I don't think sports is equal to the commitment of marriage OR joining a gang. If he likes both then eh, I can't imagine dividing up my attention between two teams but whatever. He has no real obligation to either team, last I checked.

And on the real topic, its more frustrating than anything to me. I just hope they are being overly cautious, but who knows.
    I honestly don't know if you understand that it was sarcasm or examples.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    So you can't be in love with two women at the same time??!? That is insane, hahaha. How old are you?
    Probably older than you.

Do you think every married guy that has an affair (and it's something like almost 50% of all married men) don't love their wives?
    Irony at its finest. The key is devotion. Can't be devoted to someone and cheat on them at the same time.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Blood in Blood out

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Why are you people overreacting because of soreness?

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Their feelings are still hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    For me, its the history. Dude played a handful of games last season then made it clear he didn't want to be here. Once the Hornets matched Phoenix's offer, he comes back on Media Day saying he'll probably miss most of the preseason? To me, I'm gonna be worried he's hella injury prone, or worried he's acting like he's injury prone to force a trade.

Probably older than you.

Irony at its finest. The key is devotion. Can't be devoted to someone and cheat on them at the same time.
    UP wins yet again....
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post
    For me, its the history. Dude played a handful of games last season then made it clear he didn't want to be here. Once the Hornets matched Phoenix's offer, he comes back on Media Day saying he'll probably miss most of the preseason? To me, I'm gonna be worried he's hella injury prone, or worried he's acting like he's injury prone to force a trade.
    If it was an actual injury I'd worry, but it isn't. It's not even swelling, just soreness.

Should be a nonstory, and if it was Henry instead it would be.

Probably older than you.

Getting into the definition of love with you and what it means from person to person if probbly not possible in a forum post. You often hear the phrase "love and devotion" because they don't mean the same thing and one doesn't necessary have to have the other to exist.

But actually to me, I don't really ever feel like I want to **** my NBA team, so comparing the love to that of a woman is probably wrong. To me it is more like that of a love for a child, wanting to see it do well, to watch it grow and develop. Would you say that you can't love two children equally or even ten? I would say you can love two children absolutely equally, each in their own way. And with that I'll leave this dumb discussion alone.
    Last edited by sfernald; 10-01-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    If the Hornets play the Clippers, who are you rooting for?

Have you ever had two children who played against each other in some sort of sport?

I have. It is like you just hope both do well and you feel sad for the one who loses.
    Last edited by sfernald; 10-01-2012 at 11:24 PM.

I'm a Lakers and Hornets fan so I understand...

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Does it really matter if the guy is a Hornets fan AND Clippers/CP3 fan? Is your world going to end because he supports two teams when we choose to support one?

Seems like a lot of people on here are just picking a fight for the sake of picking a fight. Pretty stupid and petty.

Some people like original oreos only. Some people like original oreos and vanilla oreos. Push goes to to shove, who gives a flying turd

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Does it really matter if the guy is a Hornets fan AND Clippers/CP3 fan? Is your world going to end because he supports two teams when we choose to support one?

Seems like a lot of people on here are just picking a fight for the sake of picking a fight. Pretty stupid and petty.

Some people like original oreos only. Some people like original oreos and vanilla oreos. Push goes to to shove, who gives a flying turd
    **** Original Oreos
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman;985588[B
    ]Does it really matter if the guy is a Hornets fan AND Clippers/CP3 fan?[/B] Is your world going to end because he supports two teams when we choose to support one?

NO. As I said it's just weird to me that two of his fav teams is one we love and one some Hornets fans hate. No biggie. I wish Cp well if he stops the flopping. People are acting like someone called the guy a jerk or ******* from liking both team. IDK maybe it'd because I don't love 2 teams equally.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post

I really feel like I want to **** my NBA team

I am not worried at all. The rest is a good thing for Eric. It is a long season, and there is not much of a need for our star veteran to log many minutes in the preseason.

I wouldn't be surprised if the knee is 100%, and they are just doing this for preventative reasons.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    I'm a Lakers and Hornets fan so I understand...
    ...Is that even possible?

The like joining a gang references have me rolling this morning.

Thread Information