Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    Big ? Who is our back up PF? I know Diallo isn't ready yet
    Sign Patrick Patterson or trade for K O'Quinn from N.Y.
    Any suggestions Pels nation????
    I like Patterson. Let's load up on Kentucky guys!

I like both but one is not ready & Dante plays more like a SF no muscle no post game
    I think we need to ad toughness (Ajinca lacking) under the rim

I like me some wildcats
    Patterson & Bledsoe also played with Boggie

I like me some wildcats
    Patterson & Bledsoe also played with Boggie
    I like those two!

I really hope we can bring in both Nick Young & Ty Lawson. Those two would do wonders for the bench IMO. Then hopefully Jordan Crawford &/or Frank Jackson can fight for minutes at the backup 2 spot. Which I hope is the case and we can bring in a scorer from the 3 like Young. I'm really hoping Diallo shows in summer league that he is much improved and ready to fight for meaningful minutes. We still need to bring in another 4. Patterson would be great, but I'm not sure we could afford him, Young, & Lawson. Plus I think he will sign with a team that gives a chance to fight for a starting spot. What's up with Terence Jones??

C: Cousins, Asik, Ajinca
    PF: AD, Diallo, FA?
    SF: Hill, Young, QPon
    SG: Moore, Crawford, Jackson
    PG: Holiday, Lawson, Cook

What is up with QPon? Will this guy ever play again? I wish we could get rid of Asik, but I don't see it other than stretching him. But I didn't think moving Mosgov was possible and somehow the Lakers did that. But Brook Lopez & DeAngelo Russell was in that deal and it was the Nets(lol).

Young & Lawsons defence is a mayor concern
    They can score but also allow others to score more

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Lawson scares me because of his baggage. He got dangerously close to throwing his life away.

Swaggy P intrigues me because he is a shooter you have to respect. He would open up the floor tremendously and we don't need much more than that from him.

Very interesting that there has been no Rondo buzz. I'm not saying I want him, but I thought we would at least kick the tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Guys we've been linked to: Swaggy P, MCW, Meeks, Lawson. So it seems our "type" is shooters and point guards.

Not surprising, we've heard that the Pels view Jrue as a combo and it doesn't take Pop to figure that the roster needs spacing.
    MCW is not a shooter though
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Dell loves him some Nick Young.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I'd take Rondo before Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex23 View Post
    Lawson scares me because of his baggage. He got dangerously close to throwing his life away.

Swaggy P intrigues me because he is a shooter you have to respect. He would open up the floor tremendously and we don't need much more than that from him.

Very interesting that there has been no Rondo buzz. I'm not saying I want him, but I thought we would at least kick the tires.
    Yeah Lawson scares me too. I don't think going to NOLA would be a great idea for him on a personal level with I think he was dealing with alcoholism. I would rather go for Collison.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Yeah Lawson scares me too. I don't think going to NOLA would be a great idea for him on a personal level with I think he was dealing with alcoholism. I would rather go for Collison.
    I'd rather Collison too but let's not act like he couldn't get alcohol anywhere else on whatever team he's on lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Rondo will cost a lot more than Lawson. The Rondo interest was if we didn't bring Jrue back. He wants a guaranteed starting spot and he's not getting that here. Unless Jrue moves to the 2, but that wouldn't be the right move IMO. Lawson was one of the better point guards in the league at one time. He seems to have gotten past his demons since they almost took his career away. We need a shooter on the wing and Young's 40% from 3 gives us that. Now his defense is suspect, but that's what we have Solomon Hill for. I like that Young can also give us length at the 2 if needed. I don't like Jodie Meeks cause he's almost an Etwaun Moore clone size wise. I wouldn't mind brining in Ben McElmore, but I like Young's shot more.

https://youtu.be/H44O53w3aaE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All ex Boggie teammates Let Boggie recruit & deside

What about Diallos play last year showed he wasn't ready? The games he played in he looked like a vet. Heck, I can't remember the game, but in one of his games he had a veteran on the court yell to the ref "man, he's a rookie!" After Diallo got a superstar call.

I am ready for Diallo to get his moment in the sun.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

All ex Boggie teammates Let Boggie recruit & deside
    I'm just not sure how we can land any of Boogie's friends, how many of them will be willing to play for the vet min, or MLE? In our current state we don't have cash this year or next to sign them.

I like Diallo a lot but he is still not strong enough or mature enough on a consistent basis
    What if he struggles in a larger role? What are our other options? Who do we have at PF?

Guess I should of worded it differently. I hope Diallo has added strength & weight to his frame this offseason. I'm not sure if he's ready to play main back up 4 minutes just yet. If he hasn't added any weight, I'm not sure he battle down low for a 82 game season. That's what I want to see.

I agree I also don't want him to fall in love with just shooting jumpers & devolpes his post game & rebounding off/def

If Young is signed is he our starting SG our a bench spark?
    We have to many SG on our bench

If Young is signed is he our starting SG our a bench spark?
    We have to many SG on our bench
    He can also play the 3 so I'd say cone off the bench at the 3

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

True! Who is our starting SG?

Thread Information