Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buddy Hield Appreciation Thread

Boy I wish we had standing room only at our games!

Buddy makes 3 pt shots now. Boy it sucks to be Demps&Gentry right now.

16 pts in the 2nd QTR in his 1st start.

18 pts now

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Loved the pick of Buddy. Stood by him when people were talking about Jamal Murray shoulda been the pick. Was defending him when the idiots came round after the Rising Stars game...

You don't pass on Cousins for Hield. If Hield turns into an elite player, then it was a win-win trade for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Loved the pick of Buddy. Stood by him when people were talking about Jamal Murray shoulda been the pick. Was defending him when the idiots came round after the Rising Stars game...

You don't pass on Cousins for Hield. If Hield turns into an elite player, then it was a win-win trade for both parties.
    Should have pushed moving Holiday instead of Hield.

Good for him. Not surprised he is coming into his own more.

He was on an upward trajectory all season, though his recent output is particularly impressive: 51% FG and 50% 3P since joining the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

This is exactly what I think too and I actually hope he becomes an elite player

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Good for him. Not surprised he is coming into his own more.

He was on an upward trajectory all season, though his recent output is particularly impressive: 51% FG and 50% 3P since joining the Kings.
    This trade was an obvious confidence booster for him. They traded an All star player to get him.

Buddy with 17pts, 6 reb tonight. Kings end skid.
    Last edited by Champ; 03-14-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Boy I wish we had standing room only at our games!

Don't fall for that B.S. Unless it's a top team G1 has plenty of empty seats. I'm a season ticket holder and those commies at the box office are full of {edited - veiled cursing not allowed} . I forgot I had tonight's game and listed them on the nba resale site. I lowered those {edited - veiled cursing not allowed} all the way down to $8 snaps each and no one bit. I have good seats for being in the 2nd level(row b) I'm not salty about that just that they lie about demand and pump up the sales figures. Next year you will be able to get seats for the price of a pack of goobers.

omg worst trade

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Don't fall for that B.S. Unless it's a top team G1 has plenty of empty seats. I'm a season ticket holder and those commies at the box office are full of {edited - veiled cursing not allowed} . I forgot I had tonight's game and listed them on the nba resale site. I lowered those {edited - veiled cursing not allowed} all the way down to $8 snaps each and no one bit. I have good seats for being in the 2nd level(row b) I'm not salty about that just that they lie about demand and pump up the sales figures. Next year you will be able to get seats for the price of a pack of goobers.
    Can we trade Champ for you? We'll even throw in a pack of goobers as a filler.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 03-14-2017 at 05:36 AM.

HE REALLY TORE IT UP.

WATCH OUT WILT CHAMBERLAIN!
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    This trade was an obvious confidence booster for him. They traded an All star player to get him.
    Sure it was . It gave him more playing time out of the Gentry system.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Hey Champ,

How come we didn't hear back from you after this game was over and Buddy was scoreless in the 2nd half (+OT), 0-4 from 3 in the 2nd half (+OT), and finished -7 in a loss?

Sincerely,
    NM3MVP

Buddy is getting regular playing time, which is something we all were calling for here. He is not going to learn by playing a few minutes in the 1st and then not seeing the court again until a few minutes in the 3rd. Gentry is just a pathetic excuse for a head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Hey Champ,

How come we didn't hear back from you after this game was over and Buddy was scoreless in the 2nd half (+OT), 0-4 from 3 in the 2nd half (+OT), and finished -7 in a loss?

Sincerely,
    NM3MVP
    Increased production. That is what he needed.

Like Evans, Hield is showing improved production since moving from New Orleans to Sacramento. In 10 games in the Capital City, he is averaging 14.2 points per contest, an increase of about 5.6 points. Like Evans, Buddy Fresh has found his role in coach Dave Joerger's offense and is capitalizing on the shot opportunities presented to him.

The Bahamian rookie is shooting 51.5 percent from the field and 49 percent from long distance, both better than his shooting numbers in New Orleans by double-digits. His effective field goal percentage balloons to 63.6 percent. To put this into context, if he averaged this number for the entirety of the season, he would be fifth best in the NBA. The same number would be second-best League-wide the past five seasons.

With the chance to be a primary ball-handler in Sacramento, he faces a different role than the one he had in New Orleans, where he deferred to traditional point guards. No. 24 is thriving and his game is benefitting from his increased confidence and aggressiveness with the ball. His usage percentage has increased, he is drawing more personal fouls and consequently, earning more trips to the free throw line. Not only does this put opposing defenders into foul trouble, it allows him to take advantage of his excellent free throw percentage

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Glad to see he's being used properly and going good in SAC.

What about his defense
    I'm a grinder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It sucks that you guys made a Buddy Hield appreciation thread after only a 1/2 season here, and no love for Tyreke Evans after 3 1/2 seasons. He was probably the most under appreciated Pelican player especially on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    It sucks that you guys made a Buddy Hield appreciation thread after only a 1/2 season here, and no love for Tyreke Evans after 3 1/2 seasons. He was probably the most under appreciated Pelican player especially on this board.
    It is on the other forum

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/n...read/68777455/

Basketball Guru

it also sucks that you are bragging on buddy and giving the pelicans back hand smacks for the trade every time buddy score in double figures which in turn will make a poster like me hate on buddy because im a pelican fan and will defend this team over players thats not on this team anymore.......i like buddy and glad that he is getting what he want but you make it hard for me to cheer on the guy when you keep bumping up these type of threads........something is really wrong with you dude....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    it also sucks that you are bragging on buddy and giving the pelicans back hand smacks for the trade every time buddy score in double figures which in turn will make a poster like me hate on buddy because im a pelican fan and will defend this team over players thats not on this team anymore.......i like buddy and glad that he is getting what he want but you make it hard for me to cheer on the guy when you keep bumping up these type of threads........something is really wrong with you dude....
    What else would you like to discuss? Trades? Firing Gentry&Demps? Don't like it don't read it. Don't be a baby about it. Eric Gordon & Ryno comes to town Friday.
    Last edited by Champ; 03-15-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Thread Information